Texas needs this! - bill to nullify federal gun law.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

txjim42
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas needs this! - bill to nullify federal gun law.

Post by txjim42 »

STATE REPRESENTATIVE STEVE TOTH FILES 'FIREARM PROTECTION ACT'

Austin, TX – State Representative Steve Toth (R-The Woodlands) has filed legislation assisting the protection of the Second Amendment of the United State Constitution. The 'Firearms Protection Act' or HB 1076 would make any federal law banning semi-automatic firearms or limiting the size of gun magazines unenforceable within the state’s boundaries. Any municipality, county, or special district trying to enforce a federal gun ban could face monetary holdings by the state and misdemeanor charges under this proposal.

Due to the supreme importance to our constituents 2nd Amendment rights, Representative Toth felt the need to implore the assistance of Attorney General Greg Abbott in the drafting process. Together, along with the input of Sheriff Richard Mack, the 'Firearm Protection Act' has the strongest legislative language to protect our local law enforcement officers.

American's all over the United States have inundated Representative Toth's office with support and assistance. Representative Toth states, "Many law enforcement officers have realistic concerns over either obeying federal law that calls them to infringe on citizens 2nd Amendment rights or do they uphold the U.S. Constitution they have taken the oath to protect citizens against enemies both foreign and domestic. HB 1076 answers these concerns by protecting our local officers from the inability to protect our Texas citizens in the event an unconstitutional mandate is passed by this Federal Administration."

The 'Firearm Protection Act' would do the following:
• Supports and protects our local sheriffs and law enforcement officers working hard to protect Texan's 2nd Amendment Rights
• Sends a clear message to Washington by supporting and protecting Texans from the Federal Administrations unconstitutional overreach
• Addresses local Texans concerns for their personal safety

"I believe this administration has now realized they have woken up a giant. All over the United States, Americans are crying out for something to be done to protect their 2nd Amendment rights. The American people understand this is not just about gun rights, but about all constitutional rights. They understand once you compromise one Constitutional right, all others can be in jeopardy" ,said Representative Toth.
Along with Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, who has already filed over twenty-three suits against the Federal Government, Representative Toth will continue to stand with other Texans to encouraging the promotion of personal responsibility and liberties while actively guarding against outside parties attempting to erode the freedoms enjoyed by Texans so that the people of Texas may have more confidence in their government.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace.
Thomas Paine

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MeMelYup »

Didn't the Supreme Court tell Arazona that the state was not allowed to enforce federal law in regards to immigration? Wouldn't the same apply for all other federal laws?

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

MeMelYup wrote:Didn't the Supreme Court tell Arazona that the state was not allowed to enforce federal law in regards to immigration? Wouldn't the same apply for all other federal laws?
This is exactly the opposite. This law would indemnify Texas LEOs who refuse to enforce an unconstitutional federal law.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I find it not so surprising that the silence, and more important the hypocracy demonstrated in this particular discussion has gotten to the point of all I hear is chirping crickets at 3am in the morning...

I understand the whole Federal Supremacy Clause, yet the argument that this Supreme Federal Government and its abuses it makes against its citizens (states) is almost ignored by some who should be amiable to the idea that the states are doing things that may very well violate this Supremacy Clause, but are taking their states rights argument directly at these abuses...

What is wrong with that??? I'm sure to hear and see a plethra of arguments against this pre-emtive move by these states, including Texas...

How is it that some states have pushed this all the way through, without too much problem, knowing it will be challenged, hopefully all the way up to the moderate Supreme Court of these United States, they may be wrong to that Supremacy Clause, but I believe this is a statement, and battle we need to be engaged in, otherwise, the history of feckless political action further inflates the antagonistic nature of Americans/Texans who are fed up with this political nonsense...

This is a condition of existance that I believe ALL of us on our side of the RKBA would want to avoid...

So I say what else are we supposed to do??? Trust legislative action, or in-action to somehow fix this challenge to our unalienable right to keep and bear arms (at the very least)??? Do we want to fight this out in the courts, or in the streets??? I for one would like to fight this out legally, and put a real fire into the process!!! Better there than between ourselves in the street...So I would like to see this go somewhere, regardless of political peril...Time for our elected officials to stop hiding behind how this may or may not hurt their chances for re-election...I believe the people in this state are stronger than the folks in Austin and D.C., and something tells me they know it, and are deathly afraid of us...So they continue to hem and haw over the benefits of this effort before it even gets too far off the ground...

They are hedging their bets that the people will not fight, whether the desire is politically correct or not...The political environment is what is pushing this, in my opinion, and maybe there is really no ideal political/social/moral condition for this either...I believe we should press forward with this, and stand up and be counted as a state that people in other states can gain strength from...Wouldn't that be refreshing...

I'll certainly come in here again if there is more discussion, but I have a feeling a lot will be ignored...But thats ok...

I yield the balance of my time...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”