2nd-grader suspended over imaginary grenade

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 1

2nd-grader suspended over imaginary grenade

Post by i8godzilla »

Here we go again..................
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/2nd ... 40937.html

A seven-year-old boy was suspended from his elementary school for using an imaginary grenade while playing "Rescue the World" on the playground.

The story was featured on Fox 31 Denver. Second-grader Alex Evans pretended to throw a grenade into a box full of, in his words, "pretend evil forces."
They should fire all of the teachers and administrators for having imaginary intelligence.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Andrew

Re: 2nd-grader suspended over imaginary grenade

Post by Andrew »

Here's a link to the story. http://www.therightscoop.com/colorado-s ... ng-recess/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I glad that these rules weren't in place when my brother took his Johnny 7 OMA to show and tell. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

A seven-year-old boy was suspended from his elementary school for ...playing ...on the playground.
<facepalm>

I recall using a stick off a tree for a rifle or a spear or a sword, playing Civil War, or Cowboys and Indians. Pine Cones were grenades.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

This not just political correctness... this is pure indoctrination of our young children to teach them that guns are evil and should be outlawed. :mad5
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

Just plain and simple disgusting. A childs imagination is just that. IMAGINATION! How did it ever get to this point where a child and his/her imagination are dangerous? I can't believe this is the same country I grew up in as a kid. :leaving
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

longhorn_92 wrote:This not just political correctness... this is pure indoctrination of our young children to teach them that guns are evil and should be outlawed. :mad5
:iagree: :banghead: :mad5

I remember reading a book about a strange society where children were subjected electrical shocks to deter then from different object (books I believe it was). I never thought I would actually see "A brave new world" up close and personal.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

i8godzilla wrote: They should fire all of the teachers and administrators for having imaginary intelligence.
:biggrinjester:

I almost snorted beer out my nose on that one....

No truly.... Great............
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

RPB wrote:
A seven-year-old boy was suspended from his elementary school for ...playing ...on the playground.
<facepalm>

I recall using a stick off a tree for a rifle or a spear or a sword, playing Civil War, or Cowboys and Indians. Pine Cones were grenades.

ahhhh, sticks were awesome....almost as cool as boxes!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

jmra

Post by jmra »

This got to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. This is why we can't have common sense gun laws - the left doesn't possess common sense.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”