Ban Them to Protect the Police

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JJVP
Posts in topic: 1

Ban Them to Protect the Police

Post by JJVP »

[youtube][/youtube]
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

bagman45
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ban Them to Protect the Police

Post by bagman45 »

This is very well done, and shows that once again; most gun violence is between criminals. All disarming honest citizens will do is make more vicitims for these :patriot: petty punks, and remove all remaining restraints from an already out of control government.

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

A very reasonable, logical response to the hyperbole laced harangues from the gun control crowd. To bad it will have little or no effect on those who are committed to destroying the 2nd amendment.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

It's the administrators that speak out either for or against guns, as the lay officer is not allowed to. I personally support gun ownership for all law abiding citizens, but due to the fact I am not an administrator (thank GOD) I cannot go out there in uniform and voice my opinion. :patriot: Personally I wish all sides would just keep us out of the discussions. To the hard core gun owners we are the ones that want to take their guns. To the liberals we are the ones they want to "protect." Why not ask us what WE think? I would be curious on a real poll being done to see where the street cops side. I know all my partners in 2 states are pro gun for all law abiding citizens.

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

texanjoker wrote:It's the administrators that speak out either for or against guns, as the lay officer is not allowed to. I personally support gun ownership for all law abiding citizens, but due to the fact I am not an administrator (thank GOD) I cannot go out there in uniform and voice my opinion. :patriot: Personally I wish all sides would just keep us out of the discussions. To the hard core gun owners we are the ones that want to take their guns. To the liberals we are the ones they want to "protect." Why not ask us what WE think? I would be curious on a real poll being done to see where the street cops side. I know all my partners in 2 states are pro gun for all law abiding citizens.

well.... why not organize a national poll of your fellow officers, with no strings attached, and publish the results. I have absolutely NO doubt that your assessment is correct, but a valid poll would do wonders for all concerned.
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

bagman45
Banned

Post by bagman45 »

:iagree: I'm sure there are some folks on here who could help you with the mechanics of conducting and compiling such a survey. :patriot: :txflag:

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

bagman45 wrote::iagree: I'm sure there are some folks on here who could help you with the mechanics of conducting and compiling such a survey. :patriot: :txflag:
A survey, you say? It seems like there's some around here who'd be perfect for that... "Surveyor is my name", as the saying goes...
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

I used to work in a Boiler plant lots of Hazzardous machines and Chems in a place like that. I did my job and took my chances. I don't understand how an officer can say I risk my life everyday for you when plenty of people have to risk occupational hazzards to make a living. Miners,Roofers,elecrticians,Iron workers, Truck Drivers, Eqipment Operators, all have a higher on the job death rate than Law Enforcement. If a LEO can't take his chances like everyone else then he/she should look for a safer job like office clerk. OH yes more kids are killed in school bus crashes than in school shootings
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

AEA

Post by AEA »

Dave2 wrote:
bagman45 wrote::iagree: I'm sure there are some folks on here who could help you with the mechanics of conducting and compiling such a survey. :patriot: :txflag:
A survey, you say? It seems like there's some around here who'd be perfect for that... "Surveyor is my name", as the saying goes...
mr surveyor is a Land Surveyor, not a pollster. :roll:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

AEA wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
mr surveyor is a Land Surveyor, not a pollster. :roll:

Thanks for catching that AEA :tiphat:

Although us dirt surveyors aren't pollsters, we do have "polesters". Since my eyes got too bad to use all the new electronic display gadgets we have, even though I've owned the business for 30 years, I've claimed the job on the working end of the line (rodman).

I'm proud to announce my new dirt surveyor title is "The Company Polester". "rlol"

can't wait to break the news to all my peers that I have advanced to this superior level in our profession.

surv :cool:
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”