Schakowsky: Assault Weapons Ban 'Just the Beginning'

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Schakowsky: Assault Weapons Ban 'Just the Beginning'

Post by VMI77 »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... -Beginning

Of course we all know this, but it's funny how the progs like to brag to supportive audiences.

Schakowsky: We’re on a roll now, and I think we’ve got to take the--you know, we’re gonna push as hard as we can and as far as we can.

Mattera: So the assault weapons ban is just the beginning?

Schakowsky: Oh absolutely. I mean, I’m against handguns. We have, in Illinois, the Council Against Handgun... something [Violence]. Yeah, I’m a member of that. So, absolutely.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

gthaustex

Re: Schakowsky: Assault Weapons Ban 'Just the Beginning'

Post by gthaustex »

Everything would be so much easier if the anti-gunners would just come out and say this from the get-go. We want to ban all guns, regardless of type, regardless of the second amendment, etc.....

Most will not admit the above, even to friendly audiences, as that would incite too many to take notice. They are once again attempting the slippery slope of a little at a time, until it is all gone.

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RottenApple »

They pass an official or effective ban, and it's going to be all out war. Maybe not a shooting war (yet), but war nonetheless. And at this point, I'm kinda with AndyC on this. I'm ready for the fight and almost looking forward to it. :mad5

TXCO
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TXCO »

Be surprised how many feel that way, RoadRunner.
TSRA Life member
NRA Life member
CPO-Retired

Topic author
VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

TXCO wrote:Be surprised how many feel that way, RoadRunner.
I heard a group of strangers discussing the subject in Academy. One was a 30 year retired Marine who said his was is retired Army, and they're not turning over any guns to the government. It was a mixed group of men and women all of whom appeared to be in general agreement. I was a little surprised to hear them talking so boldly in public.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

VMI77 wrote:
TXCO wrote:Be surprised how many feel that way, RoadRunner.
I heard a group of strangers discussing the subject in Academy. One was a 30 year retired Marine who said his was is retired Army, and they're not turning over any guns to the government. It was a mixed group of men and women all of whom appeared to be in general agreement. I was a little surprised to hear them talking so boldly in public.
It's because the drones can't hear inside Academy....yet.....

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”