Hawaii: Gun Registration Bill Passes the Senate

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Hawaii: Gun Registration Bill Passes the Senate

Post by baldeagle »

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state ... s=&st=&ps=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On March 5, Senate Bill 69 passed out of the state Senate by a 21-3 vote. Introduced by state senators Will Espero (D-19), Rosalyn Baker (D-6), Brickwood Galuteria (D-12) and Josh Green (D-3), SB 69 was originally a gun buy-back bill, but has since evolved into a firearm registration and background check bill. In its current state, SB 69 will require fingerprinting and processing through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (“NICS”) in addition to the already existing registration requirement on ALL firearms brought into the state. It will also allocate an unspecified amount of money to each county to process these mandated background checks during a time when budgets and Hawaii’s economy are already strained.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hawaii: Gun Registration Bill Passes the Senate

Post by philip964 »

Hawaii already really has some of the strictest gun requirements in the country. Out of state law enforcement is not allowed to carry.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

philip964 wrote:Hawaii already really has some of the strictest gun requirements in the country. Out of state law enforcement is not allowed to carry.
Under Federal law (LEOSA), out of state law enforcement would be able to carry in Hawaii...
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dadtodabone »

:iagree: The Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act 2004 as amended 2010 and 2013, will trump Hawaii's attempt to disarm them. There is already case law, significantly in New York, that has shielded out of state LEOs from prosecution.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

the states are falling 1 by 1...

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

texanjoker wrote:the states are falling 1 by 1...
I don't believe so. While the truly blue states will or already have initiated legislation in the NYS Safe Act mold, fly over country will continue to support our 2A rights. The backlash awaiting Colorado's Dem controlled legislature in the mid-term election cycle will be severe. http://coloradopeakpolitics.com/2013/03 ... -suggests/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmra

Post by jmra »

Dadtodabone wrote:
I don't believe so. While the truly blue states will or already have initiated legislation in the NYS Safe Act mold, fly over country will continue to support our 2A rights. The backlash awaiting Colorado's Dem controlled legislature in the mid-term election cycle will be severe. http://coloradopeakpolitics.com/2013/03 ... -suggests/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I pray you are right, otherwise we will be faced with some very difficult decisions.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Dadtodabone wrote:
Keep telling yourself that while your rights evaporate. I heard that same talk last election, and Obama was re-elected and Republicans lost seats. You'd better hope all those ghosts show up to the polls. Otherwise stock up on ammo, if you can, because it's about to get messy.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

psijac

Post by psijac »

baldeagle wrote:
Dadtodabone wrote:
Keep telling yourself that while your rights evaporate. I heard that same talk last election, and Obama was re-elected and Republicans lost seats. You'd better hope all those ghosts show up to the polls. Otherwise stock up on ammo, if you can, because it's about to get messy.
This isn't going to solve anything. We need anti Saul Alinsky and a Covenant for Conservatives and our own 60 year plan to fundamentally change America for the better
Last edited by psijac on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

The GOP will save us.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

psijac wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
Dadtodabone wrote:
This isn't going to solve anything. We need anti Paul Salinsky and a Covenant for Conservatives and our own 60 year plan to fundamentally change America for the better
Don't you mean Saul Alinsky?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

Of course, the blue states will fall in line, but even in NY they are fighting back. Mayor Doomberg's big drink ban was halted from going into effect by a federal judge and there are lawsuits against NY's absurd gun control law that was recently passed. I think it,too, will be struck down.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

baldeagle wrote:
Dadtodabone wrote:
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Sam Adams. Surely the men he was inciting had fewer resources and less cause for hope then we today have marshalled in the defense of our God given rights?

psijac

Post by psijac »

C-dub wrote:
psijac wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
Dadtodabone wrote:
This isn't going to solve anything. We need anti Paul Salinsky and a Covenant for Conservatives and our own 60 year plan to fundamentally change America for the better
Don't you mean Saul Alinsky?
Doh
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Dadtodabone wrote:"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Sam Adams. Surely the men he was inciting had fewer resources and less cause for hope then we today have marshalled in the defense of our God given rights?

I'm afraid not. The men that Adams was inciting had more *ahem* spine than any of today's wimps and cowards.
Byron Dickens

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”