NY- 9 yr old shoots at robbers with robbers gun

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
FL450
Posts in topic: 2

NY- 9 yr old shoots at robbers with robbers gun

Post by FL450 »

Live from NY on the morning news from overnight.
Robbers break into a house (Brooklyn I believe) around 6pm. 9 year old boy at home, robbers drop gun, boy picks up gun and starts shooting, robbers run away.
I hope boy isn't charged for a minor being in possession of an illegal gun.
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 3

Re: NY- 9 yr old shoots at robbers with robbers gun

Post by TexasCajun »

A link to the article would be beneficial to discussion.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Here is the link

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52090408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
FL450

Post by FL450 »

TexasCajun wrote:A link to the article would be beneficial to discussion.
Sorry, I was watching this on the live local morning news (ABC) in NJ.
I see RPBrown posted a link
I will be back in gun friendly Texas this afternoon.
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

jmra

Post by jmra »

One bad little dude.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Thanks. I'm glad the kids came out of that situation OK. Unfortunately, it won't do anything to change the overall mindset up there. But it could serve a purpose around these parts. We don't have a teenager living with us full time, so the home-invasion plan doesn't include him taking an active part. Anybody with teens living with them include them in your home defense plans?

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

TexasCajun wrote:Thanks. I'm glad the kids came out of that situation OK. Unfortunately, it won't do anything to change the overall mindset up there. But it could serve a purpose around these parts. We don't have a teenager living with us full time, so the home-invasion plan doesn't include him taking an active part. Anybody with teens living with them include them in your home defense plans?

I agree. We even include our grandkids in our training when they are at the house. You can never be too prepaired.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

MotherBear
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MotherBear »

FL450 wrote:I hope boy isn't charged for a minor being in possession of an illegal gun.
I'm not familiar with NY law, but logic (yes, I realize that's in short supply in NY) seems to indicate the robbers should be charged with making the weapon available to a minor. I could live with that. :smash:

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

MotherBear wrote:
FL450 wrote:I hope boy isn't charged for a minor being in possession of an illegal gun.
I'm not familiar with NY law, but logic (yes, I realize that's in short supply in NY) seems to indicate the robbers should be charged with making the weapon available to a minor. I could live with that. :smash:
The invaders will be seen as victims of the right-wing gun culture & be given state-funded therapy to overcome the onerous effects of Texans being able to own guns & use them for self-defense.

Then the Blomberg/Soros media machine will churn out PSAs using this event as an example of how NYers don't need to own their own guns because they can just take them from the criminals when confronted by armed attackers.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

At least he did not have to chew his pop tart into the shape of a gun to get the job done..........

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Tragic that a 9 year old had to do that. I hope they find a good counselor for him.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

This is just more evidence of our failing public schools. This child was apparently left behind, since if he had learned anything from the tremendous effort to demonize guns in the public school system and the media, he'd have realized that guns are objects of pure evil and can't be touched without turning into a monstrous killer. Didn't anyone teach him how bad he'd feel for injuring or killing some poor victim of our unfair and evil society, someone on the verge of turning his life around? All they wanted to do was steal enough to take care of their families, and this misguided child put everyone's life at risk over a little property like a television. The right thing for him to do was call 911 and wait for help to arrive, and only as a desperate last resort, find a pair of scissors.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

VMI77 wrote:This is just more evidence of our failing public schools. This child was apparently left behind, since if he had learned anything from the tremendous effort to demonize guns in the public school system and the media, he'd have realized that guns are objects of pure evil and can't be touched without turning into a monstrous killer. Didn't anyone teach him how bad he'd feel for injuring or killing some poor victim of our unfair and evil society, someone on the verge of turning his life around? All they wanted to do was steal enough to take care of their families, and this misguided child put everyone's life at risk over a little property like a television. The right thing for him to do was call 911 and wait for help to arrive, and only as a desperate last resort, find a pair of scissors.
The sarcasm is strong with this one. :lol::
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

I wonder if Mr. Bloomberg or the Borough President Mr. Markowitz will honor this young man in a ceremony for possibly saving not only his life but the lives of 2 other occupants of the home? Something similar to this:
http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2012121 ... raphangers
:biggrinjester:
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

MotherBear wrote:
I am, and section 265 and 400 of the penal code will be enforced against the person who committed the most violations and least likely to be able to defend himself in court, the child.

The home invaders can't be charged under section 400 because it specifically states "lawfully possessed" and they didn't, but the child can because he handled the gun without a license, and "A Misdemeanor."

Under 265, same thing, but adding 265.05, 265.03 due to 265.05, and 265.08 due to 265.03 and all this due in part to the new 265.36, the kid will be tried and convicted of a Clsss C Felony.

No reason to expect any difference from Andy Cuomo.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”