New anti Stand Your Ground ad

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LabRat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New anti Stand Your Ground ad

Post by LabRat »

baldeagle wrote:Those of you who followed the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case will probably be outraged by this distortion of the truth.

http://csgv.org/action/stand-up-to-stand-your-ground/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I saw the "csgv" and could not bring myself to click it and give them any webtraffic stats.
They'll count all those hits as "supporters" or "members", etc.

"Know your enemy" and all that, I get it.
I know what these hooligans stand for; not going to help them in any way.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

VMI77
Posts in topic: 3

Post by VMI77 »

K.Mooneyham wrote:I can't watch any more of those leftist trash videos; just the words on the page link in the OP were enough to severely irritate me. Its "newspeak" straight out of Orwell's novel "1984". Its THEY that are disregarding history and the natural rights of human beings. "Imagine a future free from gun violence". The people who put that up KNOW they are telling a utopian lie; those that believe it are a few eggs shy of a dozen.

Here is a link to the Wiki article on that organization. See who all are members. A couple might surprise you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition ... n_Violence
None of them surprise me. But it is a good list of the collectivist organizations destroying the country --some hard core leftists and some just collecting their thirty pieces of sliver.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

This video reminds me that there is DEFINITELY good and evil in this world and there are absolutely people who actively deceive others for some makes-no-logical-sense purpose. Things like this make me more vocal to those around me to counteract the deliberate misinformation.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

This is sick we need to defend ourselves this kind of anti-gun propaganda
that we criticized the Nazi regime for during World War II. :mad5
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

VMI77 wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
BigGuy wrote:I used to listen to all you right wing whack jobs talking about the fall of America with a bit of a smirk on my face. But lately I'm getting real uneasy with what I see on the news. Case in point: 34% say First Amendment goes too far in protecting rights
More than a third of Americans think the Constitution provides too many rights! :eek6
Wish I'd listened to you guys a few years earlier. I'm starting to think it's way past time to start stockpiling food, ammo, and digging a hole.
Following up on my earlier post and getting back on topic, I used to think that MOST Americans held dear those liberties protected by the Bill of Rights. The PIA (Public Indoctrination Ad) mentioned above is an obvious attack on the "natural right of self defense," recognized at least as far back as the English Bill of Rights from 1869. I'm appalled at the number of Americans who no longer seem to believe that "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing," and that Zimmerman should have stayed in his truck rather than confront the perpetrators of the increasing crime in his neighborhood.
I always knew there would be some people who would attempt to villainize the man who stood up against evil while praising the drug using thug who attacked him. I just thought it would be a small number, not a third or more. How long until it's more than half?
Scuse me. I'll be in the back yard, digging a hole.

I think you're underestimating the bad (or overestimating the good). Depends on how you define things. I'd say the majority, possibly a large majority, are collectivists at heart (though they don't understand what that means). That doesn't necessarily make them bad or evil, but it does make them useful idiots for the left.
I collect stuff. :confused5
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

VMI77
Posts in topic: 3

Post by VMI77 »

Purplehood wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
BigGuy wrote:I used to listen to all you right wing whack jobs talking about the fall of America with a bit of a smirk on my face. But lately I'm getting real uneasy with what I see on the news. Case in point: 34% say First Amendment goes too far in protecting rights
More than a third of Americans think the Constitution provides too many rights! :eek6
Wish I'd listened to you guys a few years earlier. I'm starting to think it's way past time to start stockpiling food, ammo, and digging a hole.
Following up on my earlier post and getting back on topic, I used to think that MOST Americans held dear those liberties protected by the Bill of Rights. The PIA (Public Indoctrination Ad) mentioned above is an obvious attack on the "natural right of self defense," recognized at least as far back as the English Bill of Rights from 1869. I'm appalled at the number of Americans who no longer seem to believe that "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing," and that Zimmerman should have stayed in his truck rather than confront the perpetrators of the increasing crime in his neighborhood.
I always knew there would be some people who would attempt to villainize the man who stood up against evil while praising the drug using thug who attacked him. I just thought it would be a small number, not a third or more. How long until it's more than half?
Scuse me. I'll be in the back yard, digging a hole.

I think you're underestimating the bad (or overestimating the good). Depends on how you define things. I'd say the majority, possibly a large majority, are collectivists at heart (though they don't understand what that means). That doesn't necessarily make them bad or evil, but it does make them useful idiots for the left.
I collect stuff. :confused5
"rlol" Collector does not equal collectivist --but I think you know that.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

The ad cut off right before the sun rose and the clouds cleared and there was no more crime in the neighborhood. :biggrinjester:
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”