Gabby Giffords' Gun Control Group Hopes to Take on NRA

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
gthaustex
Posts in topic: 1

Gabby Giffords' Gun Control Group Hopes to Take on NRA

Post by gthaustex »

Americans for Responsible Solutions, the gun control group started by Gabby Giffords and her husband hope to do a lot of political funding for the 2014 elections...

http://news.yahoo.com/gabby-giffords-gu ... itics.html

They have raised $11 million so far and say they hope to reach what the NRA spent in the last election, which they claim was $19 million. Of course the article claims that 83% of Americans support background checks for EVERY purchase. It would be interested to see how the questions on those polls are phrased....

MasterOfNone

Re: Gabby Giffords' Gun Control Group Hopes to Take on NRA

Post by MasterOfNone »

gthaustex wrote:Of course the article claims that 83% of Americans support background checks for EVERY purchase. It would be interested to see how the questions on those polls are phrased....
In typical fashion, it probably asked something like "Would you rather have background checks for all gun sales OR all the children in the US slaughtered at school?"
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

Money is a wonderful thing. Unfortunately for Ms. Giffords' group, it's not the only thing. The NRA's clout in Congress isn't the money, though it helps spread the message, it's the members. 5 million voters, and those they influence, make up a big chunk of the electorate.
The Progressives and anti-gunners, now and always will see the NRA as another lobbying firm with deep pockets. Members of Congress see voters. Voters that go to the polls and decide elections.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbwhatever1 »

MasterOfNone wrote:
gthaustex wrote:Of course the article claims that 83% of Americans support background checks for EVERY purchase. It would be interested to see how the questions on those polls are phrased....
In typical fashion, it probably asked something like "Would you rather have background checks for all gun sales OR all the children in the US slaughtered at school?"
Blew coffee everywhere with this one...
III

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Maybe I am not surprised, but I am disappointed in Giffords and Mark Kelly.

I have read that Kelly tried to purchase an AR-15 and that he was photographed with his wife Giffords, while he was target practicing with a Glock.
NRA Endowment Member

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbwhatever1 »

This "Americans for Responsible Solutions" group say's it supports the 2nd Amendment on their webpage. This group blatantly lies to all Americans and 500,000 Americans are too ignorant to come to the conclusion that this group cannot attack the NRA and support the 2nd Amendment at the same time. Preposterous theory.
III

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Dadtodabone wrote:Money is a wonderful thing. Unfortunately for Ms. Giffords' group, it's not the only thing. The NRA's clout in Congress isn't the money, though it helps spread the message, it's the members. 5 million voters, and those they influence, make up a big chunk of the electorate.
The Progressives and anti-gunners, now and always will see the NRA as another lobbying firm with deep pockets. Members of Congress see voters. Voters that go to the polls and decide elections.
The NRA can also likely tell them they have #### members I their district.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

WildBill wrote:Maybe I am not surprised, but I am disappointed in Giffords and Mark Kelly.

I have read that Kelly tried to purchase an AR-15 and that he was photographed with his wife Giffords, while he was target practicing with a Glock.
You are correct. Some animals are more "equal" than others...

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Please remember to give a monthly contribution to the NRA :thewave
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I say this with no malice in my heart towards the lady but Ms. Giffords does not seem like she is all there. I know she was already a progressive liberal so this is something she would support anyways but she now seems like a vacant pawn.
Psalm 91:2

jmra

Post by jmra »

SQLGeek wrote:I say this with no malice in my heart towards the lady but Ms. Giffords does not seem like she is all there. I know she was already a progressive liberal so this is something she would support anyways but she now seems like a vacant pawn.
"She now seems like a vacant pawn"
I thought that was the definition of a "progressive liberal".
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

jmra wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:I say this with no malice in my heart towards the lady but Ms. Giffords does not seem like she is all there. I know she was already a progressive liberal so this is something she would support anyways but she now seems like a vacant pawn.
"She now seems like a vacant pawn"
I thought that was the definition of a "progressive liberal".
I think that "vacant pawn " is insensitive.

I prefer the politically-correct "minion".
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Seems its the same for James Brady. "His" organizations are mainly run by his wife, as I understand it.

Face it, shots to the head, even when non-fatal, tend to leave a person somewhat "scrambled" in the head.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

sjfcontrol wrote: Face it, shots to the head, even when non-fatal, tend to leave a person somewhat "scrambled" in the head.
Not that getting shot it the head might change your perspective and priorities or anything... :-)

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

From another forum:

Giffords tries to rally veterans to cause

Gabby Giffords and husband Mark Kelly attempt to solicit support for gun control from military veterans.

http://news.yahoo.com/gabrielle-gifford ... itics.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How many of the fools in this group realize the gun grabbers didn’t want veterans with PTSD to be able to own a gun?
Me

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -guns.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://forums.militarytimes.com/showthr ... e-and-PTSD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”