The Real Wendy Davis

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

The Real Wendy Davis

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://therealwendy.com/wendy-davis-anti-gun/

I doubt that there are very many members of this forum who would consider voting for her, but Wendy Davis is not a friend of the 2nd Amendment. I would urge ALL members to consider whether their vote in 2014 will put Wendy Davis closer to winning against Greg Abbott. . . . .most particularly to those of us who are currently disenchanted with the republican leadership at the national level.

Recent polling suggests that there is a 15 pt difference between Abbot and Davis, with 15% undecided: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_gube ... #Polling_2. THAT's how critical this is.

PLEASE take this into account. Kathy Glass, the libertarian candidate, may be a worthy person, but she has no chance of winning. None at all. The only thing she will do is take votes away from Abbot. Right now, she's not really registering in the polls, although she was showing 5% back in late October. Any points she gains will likely detract from Abbott rather than Davis.

Greg Abbot is a strong defender of gun rights. His website says (http://www.gregabbott.com/issues/):
Greg Abbott believes the right to keep and bear arms was settled in 1791 when the 2nd Amendment was adopted to the U.S. Constitution. On behalf of 31 states, Attorney General Abbott championed a landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision (District of Columbia v. Heller) that struck down a handgun ban and protected an individual’s right to bear arms.
Greg Abbott continues to protect 2nd Amendment rights by preparing to challenge potential federal laws that limit gun rights. He was also one of the first Attorneys General in America to challenge the Obama Administration’s efforts to use the United Nations to regulate guns in the United States.
As an avid hunter and member of the Texas State Rifle Association and National Rifle Association, Greg Abbott will continue to fight any federal government overreach that aims to disrupt the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Texans.
We need a strong pro-gun governor who can and will mop the floor with Wendy Davis. I'm not voting the party, I'm voting the man. I urge you to do the same.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

GrillKing
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The Real Wendy Davis

Post by GrillKing »

Completely agree TAM. There is zero ambiguity in Abbott's position on the 2nd amendment. I am convinced he will be the strongest pro RKBA governor in the nation. I too am voting for the man, who happens to be Republican. I would ask all to take a look at Jerry Patterson for Lt. Governor. Like Abbott, as strong as they get, RKBA - wise.

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmra »

I'll be voting for Abbott. Can't imagine Davis as a leader of a toilet cleaning crew much less the state.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

ComeAndTakeIt

Post by ComeAndTakeIt »

I saw Patterson speak at a pro-gun rally in Austin last January. There are no greater supporters of the RKBA in Texas government than Abbott/Patterson.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The Annoyed Man wrote:http://therealwendy.com/wendy-davis-anti-gun/

I doubt that there are very many members of this forum who would consider voting for her, but Wendy Davis is not a friend of the 2nd Amendment. I would urge ALL members to consider whether their vote in 2014 will put Wendy Davis closer to winning against Greg Abbott. . . . .most particularly to those of us who are currently disenchanted with the republican leadership at the national level.

Recent polling suggests that there is a 15 pt difference between Abbot and Davis, with 15% undecided: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_gube ... #Polling_2. THAT's how critical this is.

PLEASE take this into account. Kathy Glass, the libertarian candidate, may be a worthy person, but she has no chance of winning. None at all. The only thing she will do is take votes away from Abbot. Right now, she's not really registering in the polls, although she was showing 5% back in late October. Any points she gains will likely detract from Abbott rather than Davis.

Greg Abbot is a strong defender of gun rights. His website says (http://www.gregabbott.com/issues/):
Greg Abbott believes the right to keep and bear arms was settled in 1791 when the 2nd Amendment was adopted to the U.S. Constitution. On behalf of 31 states, Attorney General Abbott championed a landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision (District of Columbia v. Heller) that struck down a handgun ban and protected an individual’s right to bear arms.
Greg Abbott continues to protect 2nd Amendment rights by preparing to challenge potential federal laws that limit gun rights. He was also one of the first Attorneys General in America to challenge the Obama Administration’s efforts to use the United Nations to regulate guns in the United States.
As an avid hunter and member of the Texas State Rifle Association and National Rifle Association, Greg Abbott will continue to fight any federal government overreach that aims to disrupt the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Texans.
We need a strong pro-gun governor who can and will mop the floor with Wendy Davis. I'm not voting the party, I'm voting the man. I urge you to do the same.
:iagree: Exactly right!

I've known Greg for years and he has been a pro-gun guy long before he he was elected to office. Although we were never in the same firm, we used to be in many medical malpractice cases together, for separate defendants. He is solidly pro 2A.

Even going back to her days on Fort Worth City Counsel, Wendy Davis was anti-gun and even wanted to ban gun shows on Fort Worth City Property. I don't recall her votes on gun bills last session, but I think (emphasis on "think") she voted against one or more of our bills.

Chas.

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

I heard something on the radio yesterday to the effect that the Davis woman had filed suit while in political office in Ft. Worth claiming damages to her mental capabilities or something over media treatment. Is she up to the job?

I'm the new guy in Texas politics here, of course and don't have the insights of knowing these folks.

At least I don't get to vote against Moonbeam Brown again next time. :clapping:
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

tallmike

Post by tallmike »

The Annoyed Man wrote:PLEASE take this into account. Kathy Glass, the libertarian candidate, may be a worthy person, but she has no chance of winning. None at all. The only thing she will do is take votes away from Abbot. Right now, she's not really registering in the polls, although she was showing 5% back in late October. Any points she gains will likely detract from Abbott rather than Davis.
What I hear you saying is, "don't vote for the candidate you think will do the best job, vote for the one who has the best chance of winning"

Are we any better off because we have consistently voted for R's or D's? Then why would we keep doing it?

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:http://therealwendy.com/wendy-davis-anti-gun/

:iagree: Exactly right!

I've known Greg for years and he has been a pro-gun guy long before he he was elected to office. Although we were never in the same firm, we used to be in many medical malpractice cases together, for separate defendants. He is solidly pro 2A.

Even going back to her days on Fort Worth City Counsel, Wendy Davis was anti-gun and even wanted to ban gun shows on Fort Worth City Property. I don't recall her votes on gun bills last session, but I think (emphasis on "think") she voted against one or more of our bills.

Chas.
That should be on big signs all around this state: "Wendy Davis wanted to get rid of gun shows". Let folks know how she really is, not how her media pals will try to portray her.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

tallmike wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:PLEASE take this into account. Kathy Glass, the libertarian candidate, may be a worthy person, but she has no chance of winning. None at all. The only thing she will do is take votes away from Abbot. Right now, she's not really registering in the polls, although she was showing 5% back in late October. Any points she gains will likely detract from Abbott rather than Davis.
What I hear you saying is, "don't vote for the candidate you think will do the best job, vote for the one who has the best chance of winning"

Are we any better off because we have consistently voted for R's or D's? Then why would we keep doing it?
It's a fair question you're asking.

Take a hard look at Abbott. He's not an "Establishment Republican".

And while you're at it, take a hard look at Robert Sarvis. You don't recognize the name?
He's the Left-wing-backed Libertarian spoiler that the Dems ran in Virginia to try (successfully) and drain votes away from Cuccinnelli.
Sarvis took votes from Cuccinelli that would have won Cuccinelli the race.

CBS doesn't even mention Sarvis in their wrap up, even though Sarvis garnered nearly 7% of the vote and his mere presence swung the race.: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-576 ... nors-race/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the back story: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11 ... rial-race/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want someone other than Abbott, work to make that happen in the primary!!!!!!!!!

Just my $0.02
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

tallmike wrote:

If Greg Abbot were a Chris Christie or John McCain, that would be a fair AND needed question, especially if this were a national election. I'm with you on that, but Abbott is neither of those things, and it's not just that he is more electable, it is that he is acceptable and electable. He's not the ideal libertarian candidate, but he is a candidate who is pro-individual liberty enough that he should be acceptable to those libertarians who would rather not have Wendy Davis as governor, if their candidate has a less than 5% chance of winning. Kathy Glass has a less than 5% chance of winning. Wendy Davis plays dirty pool, and the vast majority of her funding is coming from dirty pool states like California, Massachusetts, and New York. As much as I would like to see a libertarian governor, it is more important that the governor not be an out-of-state supported democrat. THAT is what happened in Virginia. We can't afford to have it happen here. If the republican nominee is decent, but not perfect, political realities would indicate that this is where your libertarian minded vote would be best applied.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

tallmike wrote:

First, Greg Abbott is the best candidate, regardless of party. He's great not just on gun issues, but all conservative, family value issues. Obviously, liberals and those who do not share the same family values will disagree. Equally important is the fact that it's not a matter of a candidate having the "best chance of winning," because no Libertarian candidate has any chance of winning a statewide election. They can't even win regional elections in any meaningful numbers, if at all.

You decry voting for a candidate simply because they are the Republican (or Democrat) candidate, but that's precisely what you want for Kathy Glass. There's absolutely no reason to believe Kathy Glass "will do the best job," but you want others to vote for her simply because she is a Libertarian. Some will do so and that's no different from voting for the Republican candidate, except that a vote for a Libertarian is a throw-away vote. If people just listen to the sound bites from Libertarian Party candidates, they don't get the full picture of their Party's goals. Have a look at the LP's own website: http://www.lp.org/platform" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chas.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Don't let them do to TX what they have done in VA. This lady is bad news.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

The Annoyed Man wrote:We need a strong pro-gun governor who can and will mop the floor
:iagree: That's exactly why Perry needs to go and should get no support when he runs for national office.

I can support Abbot for governor a lot easier than Perry, Dewhurst or Straus for anything except early retirement.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

So is Glass being trotted out there as a fake Libertarian by Obama's bundlers like the fake Libertarian they rolled out in Va.?

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Further to my above post, it appears that the establishment GOP won't abandon Abbott like they did Cuccinellli. Cuccinellli had to try to do it without a lot of supporting infrastructure, it appears. GOP "leadership" needs, to put it euphemistically, a good cleansing.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”