And so it begins

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

And so it begins

Post by baldeagle »

Boston mayor opposes police plan to arm officers with AR-15s. The plan would strictly control which officers were allowed to have the weapons and under what circumstances they could be used, but that's not enough for the mayor. This is the next logical step in the liberal plan. First you work to disarm the citizens. Then you question why the police have such evil weapons. Finally, the only people left with the firepower to control the populace is the federal government and its armies.

The liberal police chiefs had better wake up and pay attention, because they're next.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

OldCannon

Re: And so it begins

Post by OldCannon »

Pretty sure EVERY one of us reading this realizes the complete irony that the disarmament is happening in Boston.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jumping Frog »

I have a first cousin who is a Cambridge, MA police officer. When he visited Houston last fall for the Houston to Austin charity bike ride, I was shocked to find out he is not allowed to have a long gun -- AR or shotgun -- in his patrol car.

Didn't feel like arguing with him, but internally I was rolling my eyes at more Massachusetts nonsense.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

Jumping Frog wrote:I have a first cousin who is a Cambridge, MA police officer. When he visited Houston last fall for the Houston to Austin charity bike ride, I was shocked to find out he is not allowed to have a long gun -- AR or shotgun -- in his patrol car.

Didn't feel like arguing with him, but internally I was rolling my eyes at more Massachusetts nonsense.
In South Texas "Stop Sticks" are the shotguns. :lol: Harder for the perp to dodge. ;-)
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

A-R

Post by A-R »

That new mayor has been a union member/leader since he was old enough to buy a gun. He was union president (Laborers Local 223) before being elected mayor.

The Boston PD needs to sic their union on him and explain why what the new mayor thinks "is necessary" is directly related to whether the police union will find his re-election necessary. Also related to how many tickets Laborers 223 members will receive. (This is how things are done in idiotic pro-union libtard states).

BTW, how dumb is the populace of Boston to elect a union president to represent their tax dollars in negotiations with public employee unions?

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

A-R wrote:That new mayor has been a union member/leader since he was old enough to buy a gun. He was union president (Laborers Local 223) before being elected mayor.

The Boston PD needs to sic their union on him and explain why what the new mayor thinks "is necessary" is directly related to whether the police union will find his re-election necessary. Also related to how many tickets Laborers 223 members will receive. (This is how things are done in idiotic pro-union libtard states).

BTW, how dumb is the populace of Boston to elect a union president to represent their tax dollars in negotiations with public employee unions?
You have to remember that these are the same people who elect Kennedys, Kerrys and Obamas. Next question...anyone?

A-R

Post by A-R »

Good article on history of patrol rifle that was linked from another article about this Boston issue

http://m.lawofficer.com/article/tactics ... reloaded=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

wow....sounds like Cambridge, England, not the US....just, wow :headscratch
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

scottmeador

Post by scottmeador »

Are there valid reasons for non-SWAT officers to have ARs for on duty use? Is giving ARs to these same officers further militarization of the police forces?

If the BGs got 'em then by all means I say yes, but would like to read some differing opinions.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I don't think it's "further militarization of the police forces". I think it's giving them the right tools for the job.

You wouldn't expect a mechanic to work on your car with nothing but a pair of pliers. You would expect him to have the right tools for the job.

LEOs are paid to go into harms way. A handgun is a poor weapon at best. It's a "gotta have it right this second" tool. Most people who are shot with a handgun not only survive, but often stay in the fight. An officer having a long gun when they know there's a good chance they'll need to shoot is having the right tool for the job.

If it were up to me, there would be a patrol rifle and a shotgun in each patrol car.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

scottmeador wrote:Are there valid reasons for non-SWAT officers to have ARs for on duty use?
Yes.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

They should probably carry whatever firearms are Legally in the hands of the Citizens in the same State. Including magazine capacities.
III

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

scottmeador wrote:Are there valid reasons for non-SWAT officers to have ARs for on duty use? Is giving ARs to these same officers further militarization of the police forces?

If the BGs got 'em then by all means I say yes, but would like to read some differing opinions.
One never knows when they are going to run into the next Michael Platt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_FBI_M ... d_injuries" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

rbwhatever1 wrote:They should probably carry whatever firearms are Legally in the hands of the Citizens in the same State. Including magazine capacities.
:iagree:
this
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Massachusetts is a prime example of government of the public employee unions, for the public employee unions by the public employee unions, a hallmark of Democrat liberalism by which they are infatuated. Just remember, they have to live with it.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”