Everytown ‘gun violence' video makes great case for guns

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
gthaustex
Posts in topic: 1

Everytown ‘gun violence' video makes great case for guns

Post by gthaustex »

In a pretty lame attempt to show that having guns around results in violence against women, Everytown (Bloomberg funded group) actually does the opposite in my mind. If the woman in the video clip had only had her own firearm to defend herself and her son.

The video shows that restraining orders don't always work and that police may not be able to help you in time.

http://www.examiner.com/article/everyto ... ed-defense

OldCannon

Re: Everytown ‘gun violence' video makes great case for guns

Post by OldCannon »

Yup. This is getting a lot of buzz about having opposite effects. One interesting argument is that the advertisement portrays women as helpless and men as misogynistic madmen, and that women should cultivate a dependence on police/government to protect them, instead of finding ways to be self-reliant.

No pun intended here, but....Bloomberg and his fools shot themselves in the foot. Again.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

It takes a blind passion to see this video and think "yeah, if only there was no gun, that would make this never happen".

[youtube][/youtube]

What did I "learn"?

1. Restraining orders are a worthless tool when you're being attacked.
2. Even when 911 is on the phone, they can't save you. They can only come plug the holes, assuming you're still alive.
3. The real "War on Women" (and on the physically weak(er) and impaired, etc.) is being conducted by the left.

What ET doesn't get is that... "if it wasn't a gun, it'd have been a knife, or a club, or fists, or.... "
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

So, if the guy had pulled out a claw hammer or a screwdriver, would the inferred end result be any different? :roll:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

mlawler

Post by mlawler »

Only problem I see is that the wrong person had the gun.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

Awesome sauce! :hurry:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

What Everytown fails to understand is that every gun owner including all the "evil organizations" (i.e. NRA) would agree with their stance that a man with an restraining order should not be allowed to purchase a gun, and the world would be a better place without a gun in the hand of a criminal. What they fail to understand is the inability of even the best law enforcement to stop a tragedy before it starts. Hopefully some of the critical feedback from this video will make some anti gun supporters question their beliefs, or at least be honest that it is about their hatred of guns and not the safety of innocent people.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”