Rethinking EDC

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Rethinking EDC

Post by Abraham »

VMI77,

Your case/kit beats mine by price and looks....well done.

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jim Beaux »

rotor wrote:I hope and prey that you are all being a little over cautious or should I say fanatical? Although I own many of the weapons described in this post I don't plan on carrying them on my person or in my vehicle. Let's not become part of the fringe movement here.
Youre not aware that things have changed in our world. We now have a foreign presence carrying weapons of war threatening our fellow citizens in their homes. If I lived near the border I would be packing an arsenal.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I have often carried a tactical shotgun in my truck, occasionally an AR, especially when we were traveling back and forth from Kemah to La Grange before we retired. I think I will be more prone to do so starting now. Since we seldom travel to any big city and avoid the big crowds I am not concerned about the sports stadium scenarios or similar ones where massive casualties are the goal.

I fully expect that the devils that will carry out the attacks will venture into territory not seen yet. The media will whitewash or ignore the obvious.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Maybe it's time to have that STI Modular Frame 1911 built in 9X23! With two extra mags on the belt, that would give me something like 66 rounds or so. (Hey Martha, it's so I can better protect you!)

Chas.
When I am away from my vehicle, I have a Delta Elite 10mm with 4 extra mags on me. Total 41 rounds. When at my vehicle the available rounds over doubles. Plus my two BUGs. A 40 cal with 63 rounds in mags and a Bulldog .44 with two speed loaders full. What can I say? I was a Boy Scout. :evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

Abraham wrote:LSUTiger,

I looked up the covert gun case (MidwayUSA) and it seems (and I could be wrong) that it'll only handle collapsed AR's with a maximum barrel length of 14.5".

Is that your understanding too?

As it is, most (again, I may be wrong) are 16". True, some are shorter and some longer, but overall most sold to civilians are 16"

I have a Blackhawk Sportster gun case that I think looks covert, that'll hold 2 collapsed 16" AR's. This kit/case costs about $43.00 vs. $129.00 covert carry kit.

Have a look at it.
Follow the link to bud's guns in my original post. Fits 16", is $250 with brief case, $200 with out. It's not just a case but parts that allow you to really break down an AR15 in the smallest size with minimal effort to reassemble.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

rotor wrote:I hope and prey that you are all being a little over cautious or should I say fanatical? Although I own many of the weapons described in this post I don't plan on carrying them on my person or in my vehicle. Let's not become part of the fringe movement here.
I think you're taking the long gun comments too seriously at this point.

Chas.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Excaliber wrote:If a jihadist were to kill 4 Americans on both coasts, you'd think that would get the attention of the MSM and it would be bigger news than Ferguson.

You'd be wrong.

Murderous acts of jihad have already started. One man has reportedly killed four people in cold blood, supposedly to avenge Muslim deaths overseas. One victim was shot ten times in the back.

We've heard only crickets about this from the leftstream media because it doesn't fit the narrative they're pushing.

Details here.

Thanks for posting this. I didn't have a clue this had happened.
III

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

It's not only on the left coast either.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/s ... -1.1911964" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: Whoops. Same guy. Three out west and one back east.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

eureka40
Posts in topic: 3

Post by eureka40 »

Here's one more AR case that doesn't draw too much attention.

http://www.511tactical.com/covrt-m4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TSRA Life Memeber

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

2farnorth wrote:A few years ago we attended a very large sporting event. 100 thousand+ people confined in a bowl. Only fire arms were possessed by the +/- 100 or so LEOs working the event security. All I saw were handguns on the LEOs. When we got to our seats I realized how vulnerable this unarmed crowd was. I won't describe the vulnerabilities that I observed but they were numerous. A crowd panic alone would probably kill 100s. I then realized that I actually saw the event better in front of my TV and I felt safer!
Read the first 2-3 chapters of Enemies, Foreign & Domestic by Matthew Bracken. If that doesn't get your attention........ A terrorist doesn't need to use a bomb or sneak a gun into the stadium to kill thousands.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

an AR-15 with a 16" bbl and collapsible stock will fit into a soft guitar case:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musician-s- ... 1423760.gc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

ghostrider wrote:an AR-15 with a 16" bbl and collapsible stock will fit into a soft guitar case:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musician-s- ... 1423760.gc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's interesting. It's a good way to have a rifle in a covert case.

Chas.

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

C-dub wrote:Unless I start carrying my M4 and some spare mags around in one of those non-firearm looking bags I'm probably already carrying as much as I can. And I already carry everywhere I can legally, so no change there either. Although, I have considered one of those non-firearm looking bags like a bat bag or something specifically designed to carry an M4 and spare mags. I just haven't gotten one yet.
Maybe a tennis bag. My brother was on the team in high school and carried it around with him all the time. I was curious so I checked if it could hold my AR one time. It was a little tight, but with the stock collapsed it fit and didn't show.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

That's interesting. It's a good way to have a rifle in a covert case.
It doesn't draw much attention here in the Live Music Capitol of the world :-)

And why spend $100 for a softcase, when a $20 guitar case will do?

It makes motorcycle carry feasible too.
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
carlson1 wrote:This is an excellent thread.
Yes it is. I suspect our churches will be an even better target for these lowlife than are malls. Not only can they kill American, they can kill American Christians. Sadly, most folks will view this as a "Chicken Little" rant.

Chas.
Until the first incident.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”