Home-Assembled Firearms Restriction Act of 2015

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Home-Assembled Firearms Restriction Act of 2015

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Jumping Frog wrote:This is going nowhere in the current House of Representatives so long as it is controlled by the letter (R).
I would not count on that for one second...

Considering the Feds like to violate states rights all the time now, with waivers, subsidies, and creating dependency on the government for everything for everybody...

Never mind that we pass laws, have ordinances, that are ignored more and more these days...

Our ability to be mature, intelligent ambassadors to our right to keep and bear arms is more challenging with every passing day, and we have opposition strangely from our own ranks and interests within, not to mention the obvious challengers outside our community...It's kinda frustrating, kinda sad...

Our ranks ("Factions", read Federalist #11) are getting a little better defined, yet our arguments are getting squashed by the very people we put into office these days...

Honestly, and with all respect to the rules, I wish I could elaborate, but I just do not feel it is going to be determined (by others) to be very pertinent, or appropriate, to the overall purpose of this website...

We shall see...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

stevie_d_64 wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:This is going nowhere in the current House of Representatives so long as it is controlled by the letter (R).
I would not count on that for one second...
I'll bet you $1,000 and give you 10:1 odds. This Bill will not pass the current House. Period.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

No need to pass the bill when BATFE under the New Revised Version of Holder's DOJ, might just write regulations which do that, probably at POTUS request/Exec Order, and SCOTUS will say >>> Sure, that's a good idea....There's no Right to keep bear arms in the Constitution as we interpret the words. SCOTUS is the new Congress/legislative branch right?

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Looks like Texas will have to preempt or ignore this one. Like a bunch of other overreaching rules. Don't these idiots have anything else to do except take?

Looks like I'm I the market for at least 10 sets of 80% lowers. Who has the best stuff out there and how much is this going to cost?

edit: Going to build some AR's just because. My kids are going to love these...

III

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”