CJ Grisham announcement

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CJ Grisham announcement

Post by Crossfire »

I think Charles should run against him!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

jmra wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I like beef but I do not think a bull in a China shop is a good thing.
Mojo, I don't know where you got that, but I like it, and I'm stealing it, here and now. That EXACTLY summarizes my support of OC law, while decrying the tactics of groups like OCT/OCTC.
:iagree:
Will be using it also.
The Annoyed Man wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I like beef but I do not think a bull in a China shop is a good thing.
Mojo, I don't know where you got that, but I like it, and I'm stealing it, here and now. That EXACTLY summarizes my support of OC law, while decrying the tactics of groups like OCT/OCTC.
I'm usually one to steal other's sayings but that one came to my head as I was typing. :tiphat:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScooterSissy »

Texsquatch wrote:Be careful... Somehow Stickland was elected and we saw how that freak show went.
Very well, for the voters that voted for him.
I understand some folks on here don't like Strickland; but he ran a campaign based on what he said he was going to do, and then he did it. The voters not only went for it the first time, but liked what he did well enough that they did it again.

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

mojo84 wrote:The problem is, much of what guys like Stickland, Grisham and others espouse are good solid principles that are very attractive to liberty oriented, small government fiscally conservative individuals. I know quite a few that appreciate Stickland and Huffines standing up for those principles. They even supported themfinancially

They start scratching their heads and reconsidering when I point out how neither of which got much anything accomplished other than rendering themselves impotent when it comes to legislative matters. What they did get accomplished probably could have been done by others without as much rabble rousing. They've also made it hard for anyone to ally them in the future. Being principled is great and that is what we need. We also need people capable of working within the system to navigate us towards those principles. Sorry for pushing to the choir. However, I know some will take issue with what I've said and I can accept and respect you having your position.

I like beef but I do not think a bull in a China shop is a good thing.
Much better put.
I'll toss in though, that often change comes about when there are folks willing to shake up the status-quo. Sometimes, the China shop needs a remodeling.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

ScooterSissy wrote:I'll toss in though, that often change comes about when there are folks willing to shake up the status-quo. Sometimes, the China shop needs a remodeling.
Yeah, but are the people better off if you turn the bull loose, or if you carefully and methodically examine each wall to determine whether it's structural before removing it?

Would you rather tear down an old building by using a demolition crew, or a tornado?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Dave2 wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:I'll toss in though, that often change comes about when there are folks willing to shake up the status-quo. Sometimes, the China shop needs a remodeling.
Yeah, but are the people better off if you turn the bull loose, or if you carefully and methodically examine each wall to determine whether it's structural before removing it?

Would you rather tear down an old building by using a demolition crew, or a tornado?
It depends on how bad it is. If it's bad enough, and you cannot get sufficient funding for the demolition crew, then the tornado becomes your only option (AKA the 4 July 1776 method).

I'm not a fan of Grisham's techniques, but I admit that I'm aligned with him politically on many issues. I wouldn't vote for him in a primary (unless his opponent was even worse), but he'd get my vote in the general election, if he were the only conservative choice.

Lucky for him, I'm not in his district, so he can completely discount me and my vote.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

ScooterSissy wrote:
mojo84 wrote:The problem is, much of what guys like Stickland, Grisham and others espouse are good solid principles that are very attractive to liberty oriented, small government fiscally conservative individuals. I know quite a few that appreciate Stickland and Huffines standing up for those principles. They even supported themfinancially

They start scratching their heads and reconsidering when I point out how neither of which got much anything accomplished other than rendering themselves impotent when it comes to legislative matters. What they did get accomplished probably could have been done by others without as much rabble rousing. They've also made it hard for anyone to ally them in the future. Being principled is great and that is what we need. We also need people capable of working within the system to navigate us towards those principles. Sorry for pushing to the choir. However, I know some will take issue with what I've said and I can accept and respect you having your position.

I like beef but I do not think a bull in a China shop is a good thing.
Much better put.
I'll toss in though, that often change comes about when there are folks willing to shake up the status-quo. Sometimes, the China shop needs a remodeling.
Give us some examples where this is/was the case in the Texas Legislature.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

ScooterSissy wrote:
Texsquatch wrote:Be careful... Somehow Stickland was elected and we saw how that freak show went.
I understand some folks on here don't like Strickland; but he ran a campaign based on what he said he was going to do, and then he did it. The voters not only went for it the first time, but liked what he did well enough that they did it again.
I didn't hear or see any of his election speeches or comments, but I suspect he never told his supporters how he was going to act, or that he was going to alienate himself to the point that he was utterly ineffective.

Chas.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

C.J. Grisham Via Facebook wrote:I also don't pander for votes. People can support my principles or not. What you see is what you get with me. No lies. No doublespeak.
The way I see it is that this is a bad idea on his part. So I want to see an opponent, or member of the press ask CJ: "Did you have a license to carry a Handgun, or were you carrying illegally when you openly carried in Oklahoma?" If he Answers that he has one I have plenty of references where he, or someone in the know, says he doesn't. If he says that he didn't have a license he admits he broke the law. If he says it's nobody's business then he lied about the doublespeak.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

I am pretty sure a certain area south of us will freeze over before Grisham gets elected.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

jmra

Post by jmra »

Right2Carry wrote:I am pretty sure a certain area south of us will freeze over before Grisham gets elected.
On this we agree.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

jmra wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:I am pretty sure a certain area south of us will freeze over before Grisham gets elected.
On this we agree.
I pray you guys are right.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jmra

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:
jmra wrote:
On this we agree.
I pray you guys are right.
Prayer sure can't hurt. Would hate to see a Jesse Ventura type election surprise.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

harrycallahan
Banned

Post by harrycallahan »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:
I didn't hear or see any of his election speeches or comments, but I suspect he never told his supporters how he was going to act, or that he was going to alienate himself to the point that he was utterly ineffective.

Chas.
I think those that voted for him understood what they were getting.
I like to keep this handy... for close encounters.

TxCHL 5/12

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

G.A. Heath wrote:
C.J. Grisham Via Facebook wrote:I also don't pander for votes. People can support my principles or not. What you see is what you get with me. No lies. No doublespeak.
The way I see it is that this is a bad idea on his part. So I want to see an opponent, or member of the press ask CJ: "Did you have a license to carry a Handgun, or were you carrying illegally when you openly carried in Oklahoma?" If he Answers that he has one I have plenty of references where he, or someone in the know, says he doesn't. If he says that he didn't have a license he admits he broke the law. If he says it's nobody's business then he lied about the doublespeak.
Zackly.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”