CJ Grisham announcement

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 2

CJ Grisham announcement

Post by Ruark »

C.J. Grisham just announced that he has filed his CTA and is going to run for the Texas Senate, District 24. "rlol"
-Ruark

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CJ Grisham announcement

Post by joe817 »

That's funny. It's a free country so let him. Only after the elections, will he finally see how little support he actually has.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

Be careful... Somehow Stickland was elected and we saw how that freak show went.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Texsquatch wrote:Be careful... Somehow Stickland was elected and we saw how that freak show went.
:iagree:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

OldGrumpy

Post by OldGrumpy »

Who currently holds that District?
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

The problem is, much of what guys like Stickland, Grisham and others espouse are good solid principles that are very attractive to liberty oriented, small government fiscally conservative individuals. I know quite a few that appreciate Stickland and Huffines standing up for those principles. They even supported themfinancially

They start scratching their heads and reconsidering when I point out how neither of which got much anything accomplished other than rendering themselves impotent when it comes to legislative matters. What they did get accomplished probably could have been done by others without as much rabble rousing. They've also made it hard for anyone to ally them in the future. Being principled is great and that is what we need. We also need people capable of working within the system to navigate us towards those principles. Sorry for pushing to the choir. However, I know some will take issue with what I've said and I can accept and respect you having your position.

I like beef but I do not think a bull in a China shop is a good thing.
Last edited by mojo84 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

OldGrumpy wrote:Who currently holds that District?
The Honorable Troy Fraser
https://www.txdirectory.com/online/person/?id=16719" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

The Eleventh Commandment was a phrase used by later President of the United States Ronald Reagan during his 1966 campaign for Governor of California. The Commandment reads:

Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

steveincowtown wrote:
The Eleventh Commandment was a phrase used by later President of the United States Ronald Reagan during his 1966 campaign for Governor of California. The Commandment reads:

Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican
You and President Reagan make a good point. Much of why we have the leadership we have now is because the Republicans spend too much time and energy publicly fighting amongst ourselves. The preogressive liberal democrats are much better at publicly uniting in message and delivery. They also keep the Republicans in their crosshairs while not going after one another.

I'm as guilty of this as anyone.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

oljames3 wrote:
OldGrumpy wrote:Who currently holds that District?
The Honorable Troy Fraser
https://www.txdirectory.com/online/person/?id=16719" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Correct and he is not going to run for reelection, so it's an open seat.

Chas.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

joe817 wrote:That's funny. It's a free country so let him. Only after the elections, will he finally see how little support he actually has.
One work: Trump

Clearly the population doesn't have a clue.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I was hoping his announcement was going to be that he was moving to South America somewhere. :sad:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

cb1000rider wrote:
joe817 wrote:That's funny. It's a free country so let him. Only after the elections, will he finally see how little support he actually has.
One work: Trump

Clearly the population doesn't have a clue.
Youre using Trump as the example, rather than the current president?

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mojo84 wrote:I like beef but I do not think a bull in a China shop is a good thing.
Mojo, I don't know where you got that, but I like it, and I'm stealing it, here and now. That EXACTLY summarizes my support of OC law, while decrying the tactics of groups like OCT/OCTC.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I like beef but I do not think a bull in a China shop is a good thing.
Mojo, I don't know where you got that, but I like it, and I'm stealing it, here and now. That EXACTLY summarizes my support of OC law, while decrying the tactics of groups like OCT/OCTC.
:iagree:
Will be using it also.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”