DC Police Chief Says Citizens Should Fight Terrorists

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

DC Police Chief Says Citizens Should Fight Terrorists

Post by baldeagle »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... attackers/

No explanation of how they're supposed to do that when the city has disarmed them, and even after been sued and losing the lawsuit they still make it difficult for citizens to be armed. I guess they're supposed to throw their chairs at them.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

F350-6
Posts in topic: 1

Re: DC Police Chief Says Citizens Should Fight Terrorists

Post by F350-6 »

If we actually had an unbiased media who know how to act as a reporter, someone would have brought this part up to the chief by now.

twjones

Post by twjones »

That's a great evening laugh... but as others have already said... how?

They have get the chief's sign off to be able to carry. <insert forehead smack>

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

That's a good one to remember.
...to defend their lives between the time they dialed 911 and the time police arrived....
How a bout
... to defend their lives before the time they dialed 911 and the time police arrived ....
:banghead:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

baldeagle wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... attackers/

No explanation of how they're supposed to do that when the city has disarmed them, and even after been sued and losing the lawsuit they still make it difficult for citizens to be armed. I guess they're supposed to throw their chairs at them.
THE PEN IS MIGHTYER THAN THE SWORD!!! STAB THAT SOB WITH YOUR PEN because you ain't getting no gunz cause gunz are bad mmmmkay :banghead:

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

This is the same police chief who has made it as difficult as possible for people to get carry permits. What are people supposed to use? Nine irons and cast iron frying pans?
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

misterlarry wrote:This is the same police chief who has made it as difficult as possible for people to get carry permits. What are people supposed to use? Nine irons and cast iron frying pans?
:iagree: That cracked me up. They would probably pass a law saying you couldn't carry a concealed frying pan. :lol:

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The Wall wrote:
misterlarry wrote:This is the same police chief who has made it as difficult as possible for people to get carry permits. What are people supposed to use? Nine irons and cast iron frying pans?
:iagree: That cracked me up. They would probably pass a law saying you couldn't carry a concealed frying pan. :lol:
There was a youtube video that went viral recently where a guy was arreted for carrying a golf club. :roll:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

rotor

Post by rotor »

There are plenty of guys in DC wearing hoodies carrying now. That must be what he is talking about.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Don't take this sound bite lightly folks. It's a HUGE crack in the dam. One of the most high visibility anti-gun people in the country telling folks they need to be accountable for their own safety and take the opportunity to fight back.

That is not a small confession.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

RoyGBiv you are absolutely right!

But they let him off the hook by failing to ask "how, with what weapons?" and now he has time to backtrack and claim he didn't mean it.

But those who read it may start thinking... like the people here... so on balance you are right, it is a win.
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

BobCat wrote:RoyGBiv you are absolutely right!

But they let him off the hook by failing to ask "how, with what weapons?" and now he has time to backtrack and claim he didn't mean it.

But those who read it may start thinking... like the people here... so on balance you are right, it is a win.

She, not he. maybe this is useful: Image
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

BobCat wrote:RoyGBiv you are absolutely right!

I watched the 60 Minutes interview, and there is nothing she, Chief Cathy Lanier, can take back. She was very clear, repeatedly so.

And I admit I had a difficult time watching the segment: here was the Chief of Police in one of the most anti-gun cities in the nation, yet what she was saying made perfect sense...and she sincerely looked like she believed what she was saying. If you know you can run away, that's an option. If you can't, and if other lives are in immediate jeopardy and you have the means, take out the shooter. Hiding and cowaring wasn't even discussed.

She noted the LE SOP is very different now than pre-Columbine and Virgina Tech, and there is no more waiting for SWAT and extensive onsite logistical evaluation. Most murders in an active shooter situation happen in the first six minutes, so first-responders are now training in tactical teams to go in and clear immediately. A far cry from years past, and the cause of so much loss of life in gun-free zones.

Emily Miller is absolutely correct about the abysmal 2A situation in DC; she's been through that wringer and wrote the book about it.

But if I didn't know better, DC Police Chief Cathy Lanier just "came out" on national television and broadcast she might be much happier as a Chief in a city without the far-left political pressure. Ain't convinced, but I'm now open-minded about her potential efficacy...outside of the Disrtrek of Kolumbia.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

Beiruty wrote: She, not he. maybe this is useful: Image
You're psychic! In my teens, studied Iaido briefly in Tokyo, and writing another post elsewhere...
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”