Obama on CNN tonight

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Obama on CNN tonight

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

parabelum wrote:I'm glad the NRA didn't attend his charade. It was a staged and scripted show designed to play "gothcha" with NRA. They didn't take the bait. Good choice.

BTW

NRA's take

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nra-s ... le/2579903
This.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

By not going, the NRA allowed Obama to make statements that they chose not to participate, that they decline to meet with him at the White House, etc. Even if limited to only one question, they could have made Obama answer to what he is trying to accomplish... they could have addressed his double talk about not taking away anyone's guns, yet stating that semi automatic weapons could be banned.

By simply not participating, the NRA looks like part of the problem, not part of the solution to the American public. I make donations to them to defend my rights and represent me... not sit at home and debate the issue of the town hall meeting on twitter.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
cyphertext wrote:I watched... and am not happy... The NRA didn't even bother to attend and represent their members. I think my money will just stay in my wallet this year!
The NRA had something to say about that. In fact, they refused to participate EXACTLY because the believed that Obama would not focus on the facts, but would use the CNN program as a forum to beat up on them, to try and "take them down". It sounds to me like Obama succeeded with you.

I donated money tonight to NRA.
Did you watch it? It was pretty fair from CNN... granted, Obama did not answer every question, but CNN took questions from both sides. By not participating, Obama was able to beat up on the NRA. Had they been there, it would of taken a lot of wind out of his sails.

cbunt1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cbunt1 »

The first rule of a gunfight: don't be in a gun fight.

Not all gun fights include firearms.

I think the NRA acted correctly in this case. It's no different than choosing not to participate in an argument with an ex...there's nothing to be gained from engaging in the discussion.

The NRA will be painted in a bad light no matter what they do in this case. If they stand and fight, they're part of the problem. If they don't engage, they're unwilling to have a discussion. If they don't come to the "right way of thinking" we're bitter clingers.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

President Obama, had tough questions, that any NRA would be proud to ask. Anyways, the President was conflicted and contradicting himself many times. I liked see him under stress, but he was tip top dancing around the answers. He confessed that no gun control would help his Chicago town. Family, Values, Ethics, and Education should steer kids away from the gangs, not gun control.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

So...if I was going to be held up for a public lambasting but I could only come if I agreed to answer only one question, I would not go either. It would be a joke meant to make me look even worse. Obama set that up to do exactly what happened, keep the NRA away so he could claim he invited them. Not one word that comes out of his mouth nor one scene from his theatrical performances is what it seems.
Please, lets not fall into the trap Obama lays for the weak-minded. Support the NRA.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

The priest, wanted registration, and the husband of the senator shot in her head wants, disarming the people, but he was not sure how the Feds would do that.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I didn't watch. I had an appointment for a European waxing. :smilelol5:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Swoops1

Post by Swoops1 »

Unfortunately I have have gotten to the point that he absolutely disgust me. His picture just shows up on my TV I change the channel. Every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie and self serving. Thanks goodness I have the internet so I can apply my bull filter to the news.

jed

Post by jed »

anygunanywhere wrote:I didn't watch. I had an appointment for a European waxing. :smilelol5:
Painful either way. "rlol"

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Obama and guns: Eleven false or misleading claims from the president's remarks this week
By John R. Lott
Last year, both France and the US had four mass public shootings. France suffered more casualties (murders and injuries) from mass public shootings in 2015 than the US has suffered during Obama’s entire presidency (532 to 396). And this occurred despite the US being five times more populous than France.

But it isn’t just the horrific year that France had last year. Far from being well below the frequency found in US, other European countries actually have a worse problem. From 2009 through December 2015, eleven European countries experienced mass public shootings at a greater frequency than did the US, after adjusting for population. These countries include Switzerland, Norway, Belgium, and the Czech Republic.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”