LAPD warns of response delays

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

LAPD warns of response delays

Post by parabelum »

Does anyone think that California will ever change on 2A?

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/01/ ... emergency/

"The citizens need to know they need to be able to protect themselves because if they call 911, we can’t guarantee we’re going to get there in time to help you,” says Police Protective League President Jamie McBride.

He told Paige that Thursday morning between 5:30 and 10 a.m., there were just three patrol cars assigned to the West LA division. Two cars to protect more than 200,000 people in a 65 square mile radius."

WildBill
Posts in topic: 8

Re: LAPD warns of response delays

Post by WildBill »

parabelum wrote:Does anyone think that California will ever change on 2A?
I hope that it doesn't take a very serious disaster to change their attitudes and laws.
NRA Endowment Member

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by VoiceofReason »

WildBill wrote:
I hope that it doesn't take a very serious disaster to change their attitudes and laws.
It will.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

"The citizens need to know they need to be able to protect themselves because if they call 911, we can’t guarantee we’re going to get there in time to help you,” says Police Protective League President Jamie McBride.

He told Paige that Thursday morning between 5:30 and 10 a.m., there were just three patrol cars assigned to the West LA division. Two cars to protect more than 200,000 people in a 65 square mile radius."
Since they won't let them have guns, exactly HOW do they expect the citizens to protect themselves? Baseball bats? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

VoiceofReason wrote:
WildBill wrote:
It will.
I think they've already had that event with two terrorists in San Bernadino. Fourteen dead and 22 injured is catastrophic in my book, but I think the state is too far gone for any hope of change.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

puma guy wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:
WildBill wrote:
It will.
I think they've already had that event with two terrorists in San Bernadino. Fourteen dead and 22 injured is catastrophic in my book, but I think the state is too far gone for any hope of change.
I am not trying to diminish the deaths and injuries in San Bernadino, but in the overall scheme of things the attack was small.
I am thinking more along the lines of the World Trade Center or even more.
Of course that didn't change the thinking of the politicians in NY or Washington DC.
Last edited by WildBill on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I also want to add that Californians do have guns. Millions of them.
They may not be able to legally carry them or have the same type or carry as much ammunition as in Texas, but they do have guns.

Most of the noise is from people wanting to blame guns for violence and to ban them.
But I think most of the gun owners in California are just staying quiet.
What needs to change is the attitude that it is wrong to defend yourself and for more people to speak out.
NRA Endowment Member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

WildBill wrote:
puma guy wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:
WildBill wrote:
It will.
I am not trying to diminish the deaths and injuries in San Bernadino, but in the overall scheme of things the attack was small.
I understand what you mean. There was great potential for much more serious consequences, if their explosive devices had functioned, but obviously wouldn't rise to the level you're speaking of. I know there are many in California that don't proscribe to the liberal leanings of many of the powers that be.
EDIT: I posted after your last response. I agree there are a lot of gun owners in that are having there rights trampled.
Last edited by puma guy on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

puma guy wrote:
WildBill wrote:
puma guy wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:
WildBill wrote:
It will.
I understand what you mean. There was great potential for much more serious consequences, if their explosive devices had functioned, but obviously wouldn't rise to the level you're speaking of. I know there are many in California that don't proscribe to the liberal leanings of many of the powers that be.
They just haven't moved to Texas, like me. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

SIRIT

Post by SIRIT »

NO! I'm from CA and that is a big reason I moved out of CA and a reason a lot of others are too.

SIRIT

Post by SIRIT »

WildBill wrote:I also want to add that Californians do have guns. Millions of them.
They may not be able to legally carry them or have the same type or carry as much ammunition as in Texas, but they do have guns.

Most of the noise is from people wanting to blame guns for violence and to ban them.
What needs to change is the attitude that it is wrong to defend yourself and for more people to speak out.

CA residents can obtain a CCW there you just have to live in the right county. It is up to the county Sheriff if they want to issue the permits. I had mine there for a number of years. It's good throughout the whole state not just the county issued in. But we were told that "You probably don't want to get caught with it in San Fransisco because while legal, the cops with hold you up for about and hour trying everything to find something you did wrong short of a full body cavity search" said the class instructor. Apparently he has heard stories.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

SIRIT wrote:
WildBill wrote:I also want to add that Californians do have guns. Millions of them.

CA residents can obtain a CCW there you just have to live in the right county
. It is up to the county Sheriff if they want to issue the permits. I had mine there for a number of years. It's good throughout the whole state not just the county issued in. But we were told that "You probably don't want to get caught with it in San Fransisco because while legal, the cops with hold you up for about and hour trying everything to find something you did wrong short of a full body cavity search" said the class instructor. Apparently he has heard stories.
I realize that, but it is not a shall issue state.
I lived in a county that did not issue CCW permits other than to retired LEOs.
NRA Endowment Member

SIRIT

Post by SIRIT »

WildBill wrote:
SIRIT wrote:

CA residents can obtain a CCW there you just have to live in the right county
. It is up to the county Sheriff if they want to issue the permits. I had mine there for a number of years. It's good throughout the whole state not just the county issued in. But we were told that "You probably don't want to get caught with it in San Fransisco because while legal, the cops with hold you up for about and hour trying everything to find something you did wrong short of a full body cavity search" said the class instructor. Apparently he has heard stories.
I realize that, but it is not a shall issue state.
I lived in a county that did not issue any CCW permits other than to retired LEOs.
OH DEFINITELY NOT A SHALL ISSUE STATE. Outside of the central valley good luck getting one. A buddy of mine moved to Marin County and he's not going to even waste his time trying.

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

WildBill wrote:
puma guy wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:
WildBill wrote:
It will.
Of course that didn't change the thinking of the politicians in NY or Washington DC.

I'd say the San Bernadino attacks are perhaps more relevant. In the event of another event on the scale of the World Trade Center, my little 9mm ain't gonna be very effective. :shock:
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”