Denton County Lady Influence on HB 554

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Denton County Lady Influence on HB 554

Post by Greybeard »

A couple of us had the opportunity to visit last night with this energetic lady - now running for Denton County Republican Chair. Check out her ordeal with a handgun at DFW airport - and what she did about it afterward.

http://www.lisaforgopchair.com/gun-rights-defender/
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Richbirdhunter

Re: Denton County Lady Influence on HB 554

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I see her posters up around my area. I'll check her out
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

:thumbs2:
NRA Life Member

joe817

Post by joe817 »

She got 'er done! Or more appropriately, got the ball started.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Very nice!

I wonder, though. She's politically engaged and may even be a rising star sort of person. That may have given her the audience she needed.

All those who went before her didn't have such sway.

I'm glad she prevailed, but, amazingly, she broke a law and got the government to change.

When most citizens report the government breaking the law, the government is often obdurate.

mayor

Post by mayor »

I'm glad the law was enacted and I'm grateful for the work she did to help the process along. what I don't understand is, how anyone forgets they have a handgun with them. I work on a federal reservation and can't carry everyday (which makes me angry, but is another subject), so maybe I don't carry enough to get so comfortable with the fact that I have one with me.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

mayor wrote:I'm glad the law was enacted and I'm grateful for the work she did to help the process along. what I don't understand is, how anyone forgets they have a handgun with them. I work on a federal reservation and can't carry everyday (which makes me angry, but is another subject), so maybe I don't carry enough to get so comfortable with the fact that I have one with me.
:iagree: I'm aware of all the places that I can't go and the things that I cannot do on a daily basis because I choose to carry. But as she points out in the video, there are quite a few people who have forgotten. It is my belief that they are more often prosecuted, like the Philadelphia woman who took her handgun over into New Jesery (she was finally pardoned for it) than the real criminals. New Jersey crime is rampant and Camden and Newark are cesspools of handgun violence that is rarely prosecuted. Her's was an honest mistake. I'm glad that she turned it into a positive outcome for others who make the mistake, too.

I've heard her speak and think that she is an excellent choice in her political race.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

mayor wrote:I'm glad the law was enacted and I'm grateful for the work she did to help the process along. what I don't understand is, how anyone forgets they have a handgun with them. I work on a federal reservation and can't carry everyday (which makes me angry, but is another subject), so maybe I don't carry enough to get so comfortable with the fact that I have one with me.
Purse carry.

Good for her though. I had a friend who went through that.

Does anything happen to the criminal records of those who have had some sort of judgement against them?

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

I agree that I am glad the law was changed, but she broke the law. So often the government screws up big time, but at the time, they arrested her for doing something illegal.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

JerryK

Post by JerryK »

I am curious if this law applies to all Texas airports or just DFW? When I fly I go over a mental check list, and that one is #2. I am guessing there is a stipulation this only applies to LTC holders. What is the process for non LTC that get caught with a weapon by TSA?

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”