Missouri passes permitless conceal carry via massive pro gun bill

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

DEB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Missouri passes permitless conceal carry via massive pro gun bill

Post by DEB »

Only one question, "Texas?"
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Topic author
FloridaViaMissouri
Posts in topic: 41

Post by FloridaViaMissouri »

DEB wrote:Only one question, "Texas?"
Do you think Texas will pass this any time soon?

DEB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DEB »

I don't think Texas will approve permitless conceal carry or constitution carry, or at least anytime soon, like 15 years. Hopefully I am wrong. Kinda embarrassing to have 10 states allowing permitless carry before us, including Vermont, Maine, Kansas and West Virginia. Never would have figured Kansas and West Virginia, on how tight they used to be. We need to pick it up, unless we become the laughing stock of the world. Go anywhere in the world and everyone believes Texas is the premier Gun Carrying, Cowboy loving State. Now I can't even look foreigners in the eye, I am so embarrassed.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

DEB wrote:I don't think Texas will approve permitless conceal carry or constitution carry, or at least anytime soon, like 15 years. Hopefully I am wrong. Kinda embarrassing to have 10 states allowing permitless carry before us, including Vermont, Maine, Kansas and West Virginia. Never would have figured Kansas and West Virginia, on how tight they used to be. We need to pick it up, unless we become the laughing stock of the world. Go anywhere in the world and everyone believes Texas is the premier Gun Carrying, Cowboy loving State. Now I can't even look foreigners in the eye, I am so embarrassed.
No reason to be embarrassed because there's so many liberals in Texas making it less free. :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
FloridaViaMissouri

If I'm correct it took Texas a long time to pass concealed carry by electing a republican governor finally (Bush).

Missouri had a similar fight. I believe in 1985 there was talks of submitting a bill in MO but the NRA wouldn't back it, then in 1992 Shall Issue passed the Missouri House by big margin, but died in the senate.

Texas also has more and bigger cities than Missouri that just has Stl and KC. Texas has Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, and El Paso.

The other states passing permit less carry are all rural states.

Here in FL we can't even pass open carry lol.

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasTornado »

bblhd672 wrote:
DEB wrote:I don't think Texas will approve permitless conceal carry or constitution carry, or at least anytime soon, like 15 years. Hopefully I am wrong. Kinda embarrassing to have 10 states allowing permitless carry before us, including Vermont, Maine, Kansas and West Virginia. Never would have figured Kansas and West Virginia, on how tight they used to be. We need to pick it up, unless we become the laughing stock of the world. Go anywhere in the world and everyone believes Texas is the premier Gun Carrying, Cowboy loving State. Now I can't even look foreigners in the eye, I am so embarrassed.
No reason to be embarrassed because there's so many liberals in Texas making it less free. :biggrinjester:
We just need to make our state less hospitable to the liberal way of life. Working requirements and drug tests for welfare, ID requirements for voting, etc all nudge the way for constitutional carry.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
FloridaViaMissouri

So Keith, how are things looking in MO next year now with a republican governor?

Any chance of getting the penalties lowered for non ccw holders for carrying into prohibited buildings (16 locations) in the MO statues so you get a citation for carrying into a prohibited building like you would if you have a ccw permit instead of being arrested on a misdemeanor weapons charge?

What about campus carry and mass transit carry?

It will be quite easy to slam all this stuff home and get Missouri to number one on guns and ammo magazine rankings and 50th on the Brady scorecard! :drool:

I suspect though Right to Work will be first on the agenda though which will take some time up. Good thing with a republican governor is you don't have to worry about having supermajorities for a possible veto override. On the fence republicans can simply sit out or vote against it and still pass it. With Todd Richardson serving as speaker this should be possible again.

Some worry about Eric Greitens because he only has an Aq rating from the NRA but Eric does have a license to carry though. While Chris Koster supported permitless carry and conceal carry on Mizzou campus, I much rather have Greitens a republican.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”