NRA endorses Trump for President

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

NRA endorses Trump for President

Post by parabelum »

"The National Rifle Association has endorsed Donald Trump for president at today's convention."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nra-endo ... d=39253893

RossA
Banned

Re: NRA endorses Trump for President

Post by RossA »

Whether you voted for him in the primary or not, this was a simple choice at this point.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Solaris
Banned

Post by Solaris »

RossA wrote:Whether you voted for him in the primary or not, this was a simple choice at this point.
Sadly many cannot conclude this.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

In fact his narcissism down right scares me.
I'm not sure how many politicians vying for national political office are NOT self-promoting narcissists. I would, however, wager that it is very few.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

The alternative is Hillary or Sanders, or even worse yet, Hillary/Sanders ticket. That's all folks.

I've supported Trump openly from day 1, but I do not like who he is aligning with now, Gingrich and the establishment ilk, and talking with Kissinger for foreign policy advice...My suspicion is that "deal" has been made...

Having said that, I will support Trump till the very end, because the alternative is hard to even fathom. You think BO has been awful? We will see with either Hillary or Bernie Civil War in this Nation, in our lifetime, as sure as I sit here.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Many of you make valid observations about Trump. How many of you can say that you prefer Clinton?
If you have any realism in you, you know that those two are your only choices.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

bdr518 wrote:
Solaris wrote:
RossA wrote:Whether you voted for him in the primary or not, this was a simple choice at this point.
I would be one of them. With how he has handled himself through the primary, and listening to his numerous flip flops, I can not see how this man could be good for the conservative movement. In fact his narcissism down right scares me.

I feel your pain. I'm a Ted Cruz supporter. Trump is an unpredictable liar but I honestly believe that as bad as he's going to be he will never be as bad as Hitlary. I have no real choice but to vote for Trump. He will compromise conservative/constitutional principles but Hitlary is out to destroy them with her ideology.

I think voting 3rd party in this election cycle will only split the vote and help the opposition. It's too late in the game for 3rd party this year. The third party movement needs to gain traction early on to be a contender, not just when your guy doesn't make the cut. The 3rd party will have 4 years to gain momentum. Will the media give them any coverage? Maybe Trump will prove to be a catalyst for a 3rd party in the future but it's all Trump/Hitlary at this point.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Mel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mel »

bdr518 wrote:
RossA wrote:Many of you make valid observations about Drumpf. How many of you can say that you prefer Clinton?
If you have any realism in you, you know that those two are your only choices.
The only thing I can do is pray she is the next Carter, and we finally get to the next Reagan, or that I am wrong and Trump is the next Reagan....either way neither will be getting my "active" vote.
A non-vote is the same as a vote for Clinton (the incumbent party).
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Is Trump the best person for the job? Probably not.

How anyone can conclude that you'd rather withhold a vote, and give Hillary the edge? I can't explain.

At least he gives us the impression that the 2nd Amendment would have an attempt to be upheld. She is blatantly said that the Supreme Court got Heller wrong. The next president will tip the balance of the Supreme Court for possibly a generation.

Think about that. You really want to chance it that Hillary Clinton gets to appoint nominees that would sit for the next 30-50 years? Or take a chance on Trump? You KNOW what she's going to do.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

bdr518 wrote:
LSUTiger wrote:Maybe Drumpf will prove to be a catalyst for a 3rd party in the future but it's all Drumpf/Hitlary at this point.
There won't be any way a third party will be viable unless we find a way to go "Jungle Primary" similar to how states like Louisiana are.

Write it down -- there will be no viable 3rd party for President any time soon.

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
bdr518 wrote:
LSUTiger wrote:Maybe Drumpf will prove to be a catalyst for a 3rd party in the future but it's all Drumpf/Hitlary at this point.
There won't be any way a third party will be viable unless we find a way to go "Jungle Primary" similar to how states like Louisiana are.

I know! I was just trying to use "respectful sympathy" to commiserate with those who are still holding out voting for Trump. I think just bashing them over the head telling them how silly it would be not to vote Trump is not gonna help them realize the best course of action is to vote Trump. A little hand holding will be needed.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

LSUTiger wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:
bdr518 wrote:

I know! I was just trying to use "respectful sympathy" to commiserate with those who are still holding out voting for Trump. I think just bashing them over the head telling them how silly it would be not to vote Trump is not gonna help them realize the best course of action is to vote Trump. A little hand holding will be needed.
:tiphat:

Solaris
Banned

Post by Solaris »

bdr518 wrote:
Solaris wrote:
I would be one of them. With how he has handled himself through the primary, and listening to his numerous flip flops, I can not see how this man could be good for the conservative movement. In fact his narcissism down right scares me.
Agreed, he is probably not good for the conservative movement. However the election is not about the the conservative movement, is it about whether Trump or Clinton will be POTUS. A simple binary choice.

Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texas_Blaze »

I've already voted for president. He didn't win.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Charles said it much better than I in his podcast, check it out at https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... p/podcasts (specifically episode #12).

To sum it up rather crudely: If your not voting for Trump (not voting at all, doing write in, voting for a third party candidate, or the Democratic Ticket) then you are effectively voting for Hillary and gun control. For the record the candidate I voted for didn't win, but I will hold my nose and pull the handle to keep Hillary from getting her 3rd term.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”