Academy, You're Fired!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Academy, You're Fired!

Post by RoyGBiv »

Here's another angle.....

Every "journalist" with a camera and microphone is out trying to show how easy it is to by an "assault rifle". Academy is an easy target. Big retail store, not just a small LGS. Lots of children walking around inside... All those violence-inducing MSR's hanging on the wall. Every night an opportunity for another Academy on the news with the same story....

"Look at all those assault rifles on the wall at your local Academy. With CHILDREN shopping just a few feet away. Anyone can buy one in 10 minutes. All you need is a credit card"

When Academy decides to stop selling guns, will any of you folks writing "Go to hades" letters today feel at all complicit in the demise of that segment of their business? Are we better off without Academy selling guns/ammo?

This will be my last post in this thread, since I seem to be completely out of sync with the rest of those posting here...

Peace. :patriot:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

tommyg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tommyg »

Since Academy is scared to openly display so called"assault rifles" maybe we can help them change their minds
by boycotting them. Buy your guns and ammo from small gun shops they need your business more than Academy does. :leaving
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

poppo

Post by poppo »

People do remember that they did this before in 2012 right?
http://monderno.com/monderno/academy-and-ar-15s/

As for the ammo thing, every time you buy with a credit card it's already in their database.
USMC Retired - DAV Life Member - VFW Life Member - NRA Life Member

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

poppo wrote:People do remember that they did this before in 2012 right?

As for the ammo thing, every time you buy with a credit card it's already in their database.
Not my DL # and home address. The CC companies are very strict about what info gets recorded in a database along with your purchase. The #'s must be encrypted and the CID and expiration dates cannot be stored with the transaction.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jim Beaux »

RoyGBiv wrote:Here's another angle.....

Every "journalist" with a camera and microphone is out trying to show how easy it is to by an "assault rifle". Academy is an easy target. Big retail store, not just a small LGS. Lots of children walking around inside... All those violence-inducing MSR's hanging on the wall. Every night an opportunity for another Academy on the news with the same story....

"Look at all those assault rifles on the wall at your local Academy. With CHILDREN shopping just a few feet away. Anyone can buy one in 10 minutes. All you need is a credit card"

When Academy decides to stop selling guns, will any of you folks writing "Go to hades" letters today feel at all complicit in the demise of that segment of their business? Are we better off without Academy selling guns/ammo?

This will be my last post in this thread, since I seem to be completely out of sync with the rest of those posting here...

Makes no difference to me if Academy continues to sell guns or not-I wont be doing business with them until they change their business model.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. Academy is making a marketing/sales/profit/publicity (lack of) decision. The guns will be back on display soon. They still sell them. Much ado about nothing IMO. However collecting data on ammo sales bothers me. I would still shop there but keep purchases below the data collection threshold. Pay cash. By the way, the government, if that's your fear, knows more about you because of this forum than anything you do at Academy.

longhorn86

Post by longhorn86 »

I don't buy ammo from Academy, rarely do they have what I consider good prices. Most of what I buy is online from Cabelas. They run good sales quite frequently with free shipping.

I will have to continue to buy the wood pellets I use in my pellet smoker from Academy, though. They are the only place close by that stocks them and a man can't live without his BBQ! :drool:
NRA Life Member

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

longhorn86 wrote:.... a man can't live without his BBQ! :drool:
Now that's a fact!

mayor

Post by mayor »

gljjt wrote:

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. Academy is making a marketing/sales/profit/publicity (lack of) decision. The guns will be back on display soon. They still sell them. Much ado about nothing IMO. However collecting data on ammo sales bothers me. I would still shop there but keep purchases below the data collection threshold. Pay cash. By the way, the government, if that's your fear, knows more about you because of this forum than anything you do at Academy.
Are you saying federal bureaucracies collect information from this forum, on United States citizens, based on nothing? Isn't that illegal?

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

I have no need of shopping there.

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

mayor wrote:
gljjt wrote:

Are you saying federal bureaucracies collect information from this forum, on United States citizens, based on nothing? Isn't that illegal?
I believe the government certainly programmatically watches social media for persons of interest. And some get a little more personal attention.

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

RoyGBiv wrote:Here's another angle.....

RoyGBiv, for what it is worth, I agree with you.

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

gljjt wrote:
mayor wrote:
gljjt wrote:

I believe the government certainly programmatically watches social media for persons of interest. And some get a little more personal attention.
I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about the government watching your ammo purchases. They didn't do a very good job watching Omar Mateen.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

tomtexan wrote:
gljjt wrote:
mayor wrote:
gljjt wrote:

I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about the government watching your ammo purchases. They didn't do a very good job watching Omar Mateen.
I would agree they didn't do a good job and generally don't do a good job. However, lower profile in the digital world can't be a bad thing. So... NSA, please disregard everything I have posted on any forum. Thank you.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RoyGBiv »

longhorn86 wrote:I don't buy ammo from Academy, rarely do they have what I consider good prices. Most of what I buy is online from Cabelas. They run good sales quite frequently with free shipping.

I will have to continue to buy the wood pellets I use in my pellet smoker from Academy, though. They are the only place close by that stocks them and a man can't live without his BBQ! :drool:
Try ACE Hardware
My local has a good selection of pellets.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”