Sharpshooter Vet Saves Eagle

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Revet
Posts in topic: 1

Sharpshooter Vet Saves Eagle

Post by Revet »

An Army Veteran with a Ruger 10-22 saved an eagle trapped upside-down in a tree, 75 feet off the ground on a windy day.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/03/ea ... -tree.html

Reading the comments on several sites shows that to some people not even the rescue of a young bald eagle, a symbol of our nation--on Independence weekend, is a good thing if a firearm was used.
Common sense is not common practice.
NRA Benefactor, TSRA life member.

Skiprr

Re: Sharpshooter Vet Saves Eagle

Post by Skiprr »

After all those shots, the eagle was pretty much a nervous wreck. Not to mention any other nearby wildlife would be running for the hills.
Who knew that Gersh Kuntzman (http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=84604) regularly trolled stories like this?

Yep, the awesome report of .22 LR will cower every living thing.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

I'm guessing/assuming/hoping with the 150 shots it says it took him to free the eagle that he knew not only 1)his target but 2)what was 1 mile or more behind it as he was shooting into the air. It said he received the go-ahead from city officials so he shouldn't have to deal with people/idiots saying he was being irresponsible.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I thought MDA said that guns have NEVER saved a life. This makes no sense! :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I don't know what the big deal is. I could have rented a construction boom that would have allowed me to cut the Eagle down without sending 150 rounds down range.

psijac

Post by psijac »

150 rounds of .22 is about 10.5 ounces
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

WTR wrote:I don't know what the big deal is. I could have rented a construction boom that would have allowed me to cut the Eagle down without sending 150 rounds down range.
Could you have done that in rural Rush City, MN?

What is possible in a metro area and what is possible out in the boonies are often two different things.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

150 rounds? He probably could have gotten the job done with one round of 12 gauge 00 Buck........ :tiphat:

:leaving

:mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

WTR wrote:I don't know what the big deal is. I could have rented a construction boom that would have allowed me to cut the Eagle down without sending 150 rounds down range.

actually the news article I saw said that they couldn't get a fire truck in to get a ladder up to it, so I doubt a construction truck would work either.

I was quite impressed with the kid's shooting. He spent the rounds clearing the branches to expose the rope, then cutting the rope. It was some crazy good shooting.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”