Now That's Funny Right There...

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Now That's Funny Right There...

Post by sugar land dave »

vjallen75 wrote:...Still confused as to why, if he wanted to "destroy" said firearm, why "give" it to a gun owning friend? :banghead:
I guess my brain leans a little too much towards the suspicious side when someone uses other peoples money to overpay for something while declaring it will be destroyed and then transfering said item to a "friend" for "safekeeping". Was any money paid to the winner by the friend for the privilige of "safekeeping"?

That this might be a preacher of "the word" performing such a dubious act is ghastly to me.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Another story about clergy doing evil in a raffle:

Many years ago a Roman Catholic church on Long Island, NY was raffling off a new Buick.

The priest rigged the winning ticket selection so that his niece won the car.

The congregation was quite unhappy with this. :-(

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

sugar land dave wrote:
vjallen75 wrote:...Still confused as to why, if he wanted to "destroy" said firearm, why "give" it to a gun owning friend? :banghead:
I guess my brain leans a little too much towards the suspicious side when someone uses other peoples money to overpay for something while declaring it will be destroyed and then transfering said item to a "friend" for "safekeeping". Was any money paid to the winner by the friend for the privilige of "safekeeping"?

That this might be a preacher of "the word" performing such a dubious act is ghastly to me.
He claims that he intends to destroy it; he also says that he wants to turn it into one or several pieces of artwork. I am curious how he plans to destroy it into artwork. I guess that the guy wants a crumpled up gun to hand above his mantle. Knowing as much as I know about art (not much) and Portland, OR (not much) I'm guessing that he will probably be able to recoup the $3000 in art sales.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 2

Post by vjallen75 »

sugar land dave wrote:I guess my brain leans a little too much towards the suspicious side when someone uses other peoples money to overpay for something while declaring it will be destroyed and then transfering said item to a "friend" for "safekeeping". Was any money paid to the winner by the friend for the privilige of "safekeeping"?

My point exactly, if you want to destroy it then destroy it. Why waste church funds to buy raffle tickets to win said firearm then give it to someone for "safekeeping". I agree, the whole thing is suspicious
allisji wrote:He claims that he intends to destroy it; he also says that he wants to turn it into one or several pieces of artwork. I am curious how he plans to destroy it into artwork. I guess that the guy wants a crumpled up gun to hand above his mantle. Knowing as much as I know about art (not much) and Portland, OR (not much) I'm guessing that he will probably be able to recoup the $3000 in art sales.
Maybe melt down whatever type of metal that was used to make the firearm and use the melted form for paint? Honestly, either way it seems like a lot of work to prove a point. Only reason I could see the congregation ok with this act is if they told him to do so, other than that I would not be happy about my pastor doing that kind of thing.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

It's long overdue that liberal gun haters face prosecution under the very laws they supported when making their "political statements". :lol::

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

wheelgun1958 wrote:It's long overdue that liberal gun haters face prosecution under the very laws they supported when making their "political statements". :lol::
:iagree: they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law they created and or back, I think if this individual no matter what his motive was or what he does for a living he should be prosecuted!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

:iagree:

I just wonder what would have happened, if he had bought 3k worth of raffle tickets, and not won the rifle? How would his grandstanding for gun safety had sounded to his sheeple then?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”