VCDL sues Katie Couric for Defamation

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 1

Re: VCDL sues Katie Couric for Defamation

Post by ninjabread »

ScottDLS wrote:There's no doubt that Couric edited the show to make Phil Van Cleave look bad, but does that constitute libel or slander? Phil as the head of VCDL is a public figure. Are news organizations under a legal obligation not to edit their product in such a way as to 'push' for their cause?

Katie Couric is a public figure too.

I guarantee she said each of those words and the context is not important according to her own legal team. :evil2:
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The Yahoo News anchor expressed her concern over people falling for fake news and called upon her fellow journalists to do a better job at helping people understand "complicated issues."
No no no NO NO NOOOOOO!!!! You need to STOP trying to "help us understand" the issues!!! Just report the facts, and LET US FIGURE IT OUT!! STOP TALKING TO US LIKE WE ARE CHILDREN!!!!!!!

Lord how that slattern chaps my butt.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
The Yahoo News anchor expressed her concern over people falling for fake news and called upon her fellow journalists to do a better job at helping people understand "complicated issues."
No no no NO NO NOOOOOO!!!! You need to STOP trying to "help us understand" the issues!!! Just report the facts, and LET US FIGURE IT OUT!! STOP TALKING TO US LIKE WE ARE CHILDREN!!!!!!!

I don't let them get close enough to my butt to chap it...lol...but I take your point...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

Some “Boudreaux’s Butt Paste Maximum Strength 40% Zink Oxide” might help.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”