VCDL sues Katie Couric for Defamation

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

VCDL sues Katie Couric for Defamation

Post by ELB »

USAF 1982-2005

Jusme

Re: VCDL sues Katie Couric for Defamation

Post by Jusme »

Good for them. Time to expose liars for what they really are.
I doubt the Barry Hussein's minions in the DOJ, will ever file charges against them though. :grumble
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

pushpullpete
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pushpullpete »

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Long overdue.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Great for them! I hope they have a strong case against them! $12 million will certainly get the attention of the lying, anti-gun propagandists, who spread their filth!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

Just saw today her Attorneys filed to dismiss the case. No decision yet and goes on to say if this judge does not dismiss, theres a very slim chance of getting it dismissed in the future and a settlement is almost certain to be offered. GO VCDL!!!
Just some guy's opinion.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Seems like a slamdunk. I hate when people edit things to deceive people... kind of like the MSM does! :evil2:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

TreyHouston wrote:Seems like a slamdunk. I hate when people edit things to deceive people... kind of like the MSM does! :evil2:
:iagree: And when you hear the real audio with that "interview", it is so blatant she doctored it up. And, I see her having a hard time defending herself when she was the Executive Director. She had all the authority to change it, gonna be hard to defend that one. But, I remember a saying that goes something like this: Dont go the courthouse to seek the truth. AARRGGHHH I hope VCDL hits her where it hurts, right in the wallet.
Just some guy's opinion.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

rob777

Post by rob777 »

:banghead: :blowup
"Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

Nice, she admits there was deception involved and still gets off with no consequences.

:mad5 :confused5 :mad5

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Do we really need courts reviewing the editing and content of news about public figures and or events? :roll:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... seams.html
"I remember I got sent a lot of stories from friends who were quite educated and were like, 'Did you see this?'" she told the New York Daily News. "And I would say, 'Come on, you're kidding, right? This is bull.'"
Pot, meet kettle.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Flightmare wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... seams.html
"I remember I got sent a lot of stories from friends who were quite educated and were like, 'Did you see this?'" she told the New York Daily News. "And I would say, 'Come on, you're kidding, right? This is bull.'"
Pot, meet kettle.
My how the mighty have fallen! "Yahoo News Anchor" Katic Couric. Couldn't have come up with a more apt description (that wouldn't violate forum rules).
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

ScottDLS wrote:Do we really need courts reviewing the editing and content of news about public figures and or events? :roll:
If the public figure lies about me, I want a court reviewing the lies and taking appropriate action against the liar.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

RossA wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:Do we really need courts reviewing the editing and content of news about public figures and or events? :roll:
If the public figure lies about me, I want a court reviewing the lies and taking appropriate action against the liar.
What if the public figure is the President? Is the press obligated to edit their news in such a way to make him look good, or not look bad? Was it libel for them to edit clips to make Bush look stupid?

There's no doubt that Couric edited the show to make Phil Van Cleave look bad, but does that constitute libel or slander? Phil as the head of VCDL is a public figure. Are news organizations under a legal obligation not to edit their product in such a way as to 'push' for their cause? If NRA TV edits a clip of Shannon Watts to make her look stupid, are they also legally obligated to PROVE that she IS?

Hillary tried to get Citizens United prosecuted for making a movie about her. I'm sure they edited it to make her look bad, but their speech is protected.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”