Missouri has historic Republican sweep in elections. Trump wins by 19 points!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
FloridaViaMissouri
Posts in topic: 7

Missouri has historic Republican sweep in elections. Trump wins by 19 points!

Post by FloridaViaMissouri »

So Missouri a higher percentage of voters voted for Trump than Texas did! 19 points! Also Missouri Republicans won all the major offices except state auditor because there was no election this year for it. Also they maintained their large super majorities of 117 republicans in the house and 25 Republicans in the senate which will go down to 24 due to Parsons becoming Lt governor but will go back up once someone is elected in his place since he's in a republican area.

Missouri has permitless concealed carry but with a Republican governor this is huge. It will be much easier to pass campus carry, and also get rid of some of the gun free zones that are listed in MO statues such as campus carry, stadium carry as well as carry on mass transit because they can easily have the moderate republicans to not vote for them since they won't have to worry about overriding any vetoes. I would also like to see full permitless OPEN carry. Most of Missouri you can open carry without a permit, but there are a few cities that have ordinances against it but MO law allows ccw holders to carry open anywhere. That shouldn't be a problem. Even St. Louis city prosecutor admitted recently they don't enforce the open carry ordinances anymore due to amendment 5 that passed.

Texas has a lot of work to do to catch up to states such as Missouri and Arizona now. I'm here in Florida and our gun laws are garbage compared to you guys in Texas and Missouri especially! Here in Florida we got 3 day wait for handguns if no cwp, no open carry, AND unlike in Texas and in Missouri Floridian's are only allowed to carry on FL permits. So no getting an Arizona permit to save money or having a backup permit.

I'm impressed though how Missouri Trump did so well in compared to Texas. Clinton got just under 38 percent of the vote in MO. Out of 114 counties she only won 3 counties and the city of St. Louis. In a number of rural Missouri counties Trump got over 80 percent of the votes.

http://enr.sos.mo.gov/EnrNet/default.aspx

SigM4
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Missouri has historic Republican sweep in elections. Trump wins by 19 points!

Post by SigM4 »

Not really a state government thing, but I'd love to see MO's CWP strengthened in order to allow for bypassing the call to NICS when purchasing a firearm. While it's never been an issue since we've been up here, I can remember several times in the last decade that I was glad I had it in Texas. Especially after the 2012 election and Sandy Hook. While others were waiting just to get through for a NICS check I was able to walk out the door with a firearm, no muss, no fuss.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Missouri has historic Republican sweep in elections. Trump wins by 19 points!

Post by bblhd672 »

Pleased to see that former Navy Seal LCDR Eric Greitens won the governors race in Missouri.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Smokey613
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Smokey613 »

bblhd672 wrote:Pleased to see that former Navy Seal LCDR Eric Greitens won the governors race in Missouri.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf2Gai1uQYM
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

I found this video which I think explains the Liberal thought pattern perfectly. Their heads probably exploded sometime early Wednesday morning. :)

**** Extreme Left Wing Pundit WARNING ****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grCqHJ8meqQ
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

Topic author
FloridaViaMissouri

If I recall in 2014 in the big pro gun bill that passed something was included to allow for MO ccw permits to be used in place of NICS but Chris Koster nor did anyone follow through and the ATF acts clueless when asked about it.

Here in Florida we don't have NICS bypass because our ccw permits are good for 7 years. We have a state level NICS here in FL which sucks because they always seem to have longer wait times than the federal NICS that seems faster.

Texas has a pro gun governor. Any chance permitless conceal carry gets passed there?

Topic author
FloridaViaMissouri

SigM4 wrote:Not really a state government thing, but I'd love to see MO's CWP strengthened in order to allow for bypassing the call to NICS when purchasing a firearm. While it's never been an issue since we've been up here, I can remember several times in the last decade that I was glad I had it in Texas. Especially after the 2012 election and Sandy Hook. While others were waiting just to get through for a NICS check I was able to walk out the door with a firearm, no muss, no fuss.
With Josh Hawley the next attorney general maybe he will get on the ball with it.

Not much more work is needed to get Missouri at the very bottom of the Brady scorecard. I think it was ranked 44th last time. Campus carry should get it to near number 50 since it's permitless carry state now.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Pawpaw »

FloridaViaMissouri wrote:If I recall in 2014 in the big pro gun bill that passed something was included to allow for MO ccw permits to be used in place of NICS but Chris Koster nor did anyone follow through and the ATF acts clueless when asked about it.

Here in Florida we don't have NICS bypass because our ccw permits are good for 7 years. We have a state level NICS here in FL which sucks because they always seem to have longer wait times than the federal NICS that seems faster.

Texas has a pro gun governor. Any chance permitless conceal carry gets passed there?
Not in the foreseeable future. There are a couple of "out there" groups in Texas that have poisoned that well.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
FloridaViaMissouri

Pawpaw wrote:
FloridaViaMissouri wrote:If I recall in 2014 in the big pro gun bill that passed something was included to allow for MO ccw permits to be used in place of NICS but Chris Koster nor did anyone follow through and the ATF acts clueless when asked about it.

Not in the foreseeable future. There are a couple of "out there" groups in Texas that have poisoned that well.
You mean like Mom's Demand Action? They keep trying to stop pro gun stuff in Missouri but lost twice in 2014 and lost huge this year. They mean nothing in that state.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

FloridaViaMissouri wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

You mean like Mom's Demand Action? They keep trying to stop pro gun stuff in Missouri but lost twice in 2014 and lost huge this year. They mean nothing in that state.
Unfortunately no, theres a few pro-gun groups that use extreme methods that are very offputting to the general populace and the legislators in our state, not to mention us.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

Unfortunately no, theres a few pro-gun groups that use extreme methods that are very offputting to the general populace and the legislators in our state, not to mention us.
Yep. That's exactly what I meant.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Pawpaw wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

Yep. That's exactly what I meant.
:tiphat:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
FloridaViaMissouri

I'm still amazed how Trump won by 19 in MO, quite a bit better than Texas did. I just wouldn't think that would ever be possible.

I wonder if it's some ccw instructors don't like the idea of permitless carry simply because of $$$$. On veto override day Demanding Mom's had a rally at the capital and had a ccw instructor speaking about why he thought permitless carry was a bad idea. Some instructors don't like the idea of it obviously. I've heard in MO there is an instructor offering classes about Missouri's new permitless carry lol.

Could that be a problem in Texas because of all the instructors that would lose money because of the law?

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

FloridaViaMissouri wrote:I'm still amazed how Trump won by 19 in MO, quite a bit better than Texas did. I just wouldn't think that would ever be possible.

I wonder if it's some ccw instructors don't like the idea of permitless carry simply because of $$$$. On veto override day Demanding Mom's had a rally at the capital and had a ccw instructor speaking about why he thought permitless carry was a bad idea. Some instructors don't like the idea of it obviously. I've heard in MO there is an instructor offering classes about Missouri's new permitless carry lol.

Could that be a problem in Texas because of all the instructors that would lose money because of the law?
Not even close. We have a couple of fruitcake groups that think they can advance "constitutional carry" by parading around in public with AR-15s (which is legal). On top of that, most of them dress like either a mall ninja or a homeless person and behave militantly, frequently falling just (barely) short of being threatening.

Scaring soccer moms is not the way to advance the cause. You can't tell them that, though, because they will loudly accuse you of being anti-gun.

Topic author
FloridaViaMissouri

Pawpaw wrote:
FloridaViaMissouri wrote:I'm still amazed how Trump won by 19 in MO, quite a bit better than Texas did. I just wouldn't think that would ever be possible.

Not even close. We have a couple of fruitcake groups that think they can advance "constitutional carry" by parading around in public with AR-15s (which is legal). On top of that, most of them dress like either a mall ninja or a homeless person and behave militantly, frequently falling just (barely) short of being threatening.

Scaring soccer moms is not the way to advance the cause. You can't tell them that, though, because they will loudly accuse you of being anti-gun.
What is the makeup of the Texas House and Senate? Do they have super majorities? Missouri House after this election is 117-46 and 25-9 in the Senate with every state office holder except state auditor is Republican now. Should be VERY easy to pass campus carry with Eric Greitens since fence sitting republicans can simply sit out or vote against it since they don't have to worry about needing to override a veto.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”