Missouri has historic Republican sweep in elections. Trump wins by 19 points!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Missouri has historic Republican sweep in elections. Trump wins by 19 points!

Post by Pawpaw »

FloridaViaMissouri wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
FloridaViaMissouri wrote:I'm still amazed how Trump won by 19 in MO, quite a bit better than Texas did. I just wouldn't think that would ever be possible.

I wonder if it's some ccw instructors don't like the idea of permitless carry simply because of $$$$. On veto override day Demanding Mom's had a rally at the capital and had a ccw instructor speaking about why he thought permitless carry was a bad idea. Some instructors don't like the idea of it obviously. I've heard in MO there is an instructor offering classes about Missouri's new permitless carry lol.

Could that be a problem in Texas because of all the instructors that would lose money because of the law?
Not even close. We have a couple of fruitcake groups that think they can advance "constitutional carry" by parading around in public with AR-15s (which is legal). On top of that, most of them dress like either a mall ninja or a homeless person and behave militantly, frequently falling just (barely) short of being threatening.

Scaring soccer moms is not the way to advance the cause. You can't tell them that, though, because they will loudly accuse you of being anti-gun.
What is the makeup of the Texas House and Senate? Do they have super majorities? Missouri House after this election is 117-46 and 25-9 in the Senate with every state office holder except state auditor is Republican now. Should be VERY easy to pass campus carry with Eric Greitens since fence sitting republicans can simply sit out or vote against it since they don't have to worry about needing to override a veto.
I can answer your questions, but those answers would just raise more questions. The best way to get a feel for what's happened here and how things work in Texas would be to do a search on this forum and start reading. Searching for "open carry" will give you lots of information from previous legislative sessions and the history of what the fringe groups have done.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bdgyeah
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Missouri has historic Republican sweep in elections. Trump wins by 19 points!

Post by bdgyeah »

Moved here from Missouri (St. Louis). Great State. Had STLPD friends that had side jobs in realestate. I looked into flipping properties into rental properties. These guys showed me around to different buying properties in different neighborhoods. Without going into too much detail, the conversation went like this, "Buy properties on this street between this street and this street. Or, buy here, but not across the street over there." The only thing I was thinking is, how do you train bullets not to cross the street? Said no thank you, and moved South. STL is a garbage town.

Senator Claire Mckaskill is in big trouble in MO in 2 yrs. Chalk up another Senate seat to the GOP.

Topic author
FloridaViaMissouri
Posts in topic: 7

Post by FloridaViaMissouri »

bdgyeah wrote:Moved here from Missouri (St. Louis). Great State. Had STLPD friends that had side jobs in realestate. I looked into flipping properties into rental properties. These guys showed me around to different buying properties in different neighborhoods. Without going into too much detail, the conversation went like this, "Buy properties on this street between this street and this street. Or, buy here, but not across the street over there." The only thing I was thinking is, how do you train bullets not to cross the street? Said no thank you, and moved South. STL is a garbage town.

Senator Claire Mckaskill is in big trouble in MO in 2 yrs. Chalk up another Senate seat to the GOP.
St. Louis city is garbage. Jefferson County that borders St. Louis county is very pro gun though. St. Louis County and Jefferson county has a lot of great gun shops and ranges too with more going up all the time it seems. Plenty of indoor ranges in the area as well as Arnold Pistol and Rifle Club.

I will say compared to the west coast of Florida, St. Louis area has a ton more better ranges than gun shops compared to down here in Florida. The ranges down here are a joke.

Have you ever been to Stl Sharpshooter in south St. Louis county in Afton? Only been around for just over 2 years now. Excellent indoor range, one of the best indoor ranges around.

Here in FL about 1 hour south of me they have an indoor range similar in size to stl sharpshooter. If you want to shoot rifle calibers in there you must buy the $5000 presidential membership LOL. Stl sharpshooter $270 a year and I could shoot whatever handgun or rifle I wanted.

Missouri is a very pro gun state though. St. Louis is a liberal pimple on a very conservative state.

I was surprised Trump won Jefferson County so big. Jefferson County used to lean democrat, but conservative type Democrat which you used to see in rural Missouri, and up until recently Kentucky conservative type democrats. Now those seats have went republican.

The media calls Florida a pro gun state, but it's really not pro gun when you compare it to Missouri and Texas. FL 3 day wait for pistol purchases if no ccw, no open carry, is a felony to carry in some prohibited places unlike Missouri where you would just get a citation, and no constitutional carry like Missouri will soon have. Our laws in FL are complex. I really have to watch what type of pistol I carry down here because I don't want to print or my shirt lift up and someone calls 911 saying I was open carrying. In Missouri I didn't care what size gun I wore because it is an open carry state.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”