John Cornyn of Texas is focused on bump-stocks

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Re: John Cornyn of Texas is focused on bump-stocks

Post by SewTexas »

I'm entirely too libertarian, I don't want anything regulated, not bump-stocks, not sudafed. I don't want the Feds telling the states they have to recognize other states gun licenses. I don't want the feds doing anything.
Personally, I'd love it if the Feds worked more like Texas....3 months every other year, they tire me....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

SewTexas wrote:I'm entirely too libertarian, I don't want anything regulated, not bump-stocks, not sudafed. I don't want the Feds telling the states they have to recognize other states gun licenses. I don't want the feds doing anything.
Personally, I'd love it if the Feds worked more like Texas....3 months every other year, they tire me....
I agree in general. But I draw the line at allowing other states to interfere with the constitutional rights of US citizens who are visiting their state. I should have the right to keep and bear arms when I visit NYC, or LA, or our nation's capitol. Just like I maintain my right to free speech, and my right against self-incrimination when visiting those places. If a privately owned business wants to infringe on my rights, that's between them and me. But a state should not say that a U.S. citizen cannot carry a handgun on city streets or publicly owned buildings.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
SewTexas wrote:I'm entirely too libertarian, I don't want anything regulated, not bump-stocks, not sudafed. I don't want the Feds telling the states they have to recognize other states gun licenses. I don't want the feds doing anything.
I agree in general. But I draw the line at allowing other states to interfere with the constitutional rights of US citizens who are visiting their state. I should have the right to keep and bear arms when I visit NYC, or LA, or our nation's capitol. Just like I maintain my right to free speech, and my right against self-incrimination when visiting those places. If a privately owned business wants to infringe on my rights, that's between them and me. But a state should not say that a U.S. citizen cannot carry a handgun on city streets or publicly owned buildings.
I just really don't think that's how nat. rec. is going to ultimately end up working.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

SewTexas wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
I just really don't think that's how nat. rec. is going to ultimately end up working.
I don't disagree with you. Unfortunately.

After all, my above statement isn't even true for Texas.

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

I hate to see comments like "it won't affect me". Anything that politicians call "common sense" will affect you and will not in any way stop mass killings.

Misfit Child
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Misfit Child »

Draw a line. Kill those who cross it. Repeat as needed.

:patriot:

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 8

Post by mojo84 »

Hickok45's comments.

Last edited by mojo84 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

mojo84 wrote:Hickok45's comments.

Page not found - is it a facebook post or a link to a video on facebook?
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Hickok45's comments.

Page not found - is it a facebook post or a link to a video on facebook?
It's a facebook post.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 10

Post by parabelum »

Well I like Hickok45 and have great respect for him, but this NRA member is not happy that they folded so quickly on this and I'll have to disagree.

Again, I could care less for bump-stocks, to me they are just plain ugly. For me it is about principle of gradual loss of freedoms. Drip, drip, drip.

Now, give me some pro-gun legislation with some teeth and then maybe I'll re-consider. As it stands, I feel like we've given and lost more, at the Federal level in particular.

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Chemist45 »

Anygunanywhere wrote:
I agree on all points: Couple the SHARE act with a bump fire ban and I'm on board.
But I fear that the antigunners will get their ban and we will get an empty promise from Cornyn to "Get 'em next time."
Will someone please primary this RINO?
I'd love to contribute to his opponent in a primary.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Geraldo goes full liberal.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

mojo84 wrote:Geraldo goes full liberal.

And there's treasure in Al Capone's vault!!
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Even a republican congressman that is going to propose legislation admits it's just a step to more.

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/5976022

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”