Just when you thought the Dallas Mayor Pro Tem couldn't think of anything dumber to say...

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Just when you thought the Dallas Mayor Pro Tem couldn't think of anything dumber to say...

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway says more must be done to address the proliferation of illegal guns and wants the city to reconsider hosting an upcoming NRA convention.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/mayor-pro- ... convention
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Just when you thought the Dallas Mayor Pro Tem couldn't think of anything dumber to say...

Post by Tex1961 »

Wasn’t he the one who took the lead on getting confederate statues removed, renaming roads and parks if they had a confederate name.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Just when you thought the Dallas Mayor Pro Tem couldn't think of anything dumber to say...

Post by bblhd672 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway says more must be done to address the proliferation of illegal guns and wants the city to reconsider hosting an upcoming NRA convention.

Fort Worth should offer to do it.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway says more must be done to address the proliferation of illegal guns and wants the city to reconsider hosting an upcoming NRA convention.

It was one of those rare evenings when I turned on local news- only to hear this nitwit spewing stupidity. Just turned off the tv and went on to cooking dinner.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

Tex1961 wrote:Wasn’t he the one who took the lead on getting confederate statues removed, renaming roads and parks if they had a confederate name.
Yes he was. He also wanted all plastic shopping bags out of Dallas. It was Caraway and John Wiley Price who started a fist fight with each other in a “Christian Radio” station during an election last year.

They are both clowns.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

One good thing about this: It reminded me that the next annual meeting is local :cool:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

We have a contract with Dallas and breaking it would cost he City many millions of dollars. It's garbage talk by an idiot.

Chas.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Dear Dallas slow-thinking, low IQ politicians,
I double dog dare ya.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

On a tangent, we should really plan a meetup at the meeting somehow...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I'm beginning to question the wisdom of Amendments 15, 24 and 26 to the U.S. Constitution.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Beiruty »

Can't wait for NRA 2018. I will take days off for the Convention.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Beiruty wrote:Can't wait for NRA 2018. I will take days off for the Convention.
I'm looking at doing the same thing.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 3

Post by AJSully421 »

An empty barrel...
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Flightmare wrote:
Beiruty wrote:Can't wait for NRA 2018. I will take days off for the Convention.
I'm looking at doing the same thing.
Me too.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

This entire interview was dumb. Some people enjoy getting in front of a news camera and try their best to make stuff up. How about pay their officers more $, fix the cameras that did not work in the 7-7-2016 shooting in downtown Dallas, address the homeless problem, and ensuring all levels of government are reporting properly. This should be a start for any local, state or Federal agency. All of these concerns are not NRA,issues. Illegal is illegal and has nothing to do with the NRA. My tax money should be used to aid in addressing these issues.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”