Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Paladin
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

Post by Paladin »

In Dallas I see a lot of Beto signs.

George Soros is pumping in piles of money to register millions of illegal voters.

We need to be very serious. Take nothing for granted. Get registered. Make sure you and your like minded friends and families Vote.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 5

Post by J.R.@A&M »

The Annoyed Man wrote:https://www.texastribune.org/2018/04/18 ... lose-call/

I’ve never heard of this guy until now, and all of a sudden, the Texas Tribune is saying that it’s too close to call? I don’t know much about him, but I went and checked O’Rourke’s website for his stances on 2nd Amendment issues, and he seems to be solidly in the “ban civilian access to ‘weapons of war’” camp.

Anybody know much about him, and does anyone believe that he really can beat Cruz?
Similar hype as for Wendy Davis, with a similar likely outcome.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

ElGallo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ElGallo »

[/quote]Does anyone else see the irony here? People (rightly) saying that we should vote for Republicans, including Cruz, even if we don't like them all that much, after Cruz refused to fully endorse Trump at the Republican convention.

Getting back to Robert O'Rourke. He is a white man of Irish descent who won the Democratic nomination by tricking Hispanics into thinking he was one of them by using an Hispanic nickname. Eddie Murphy had a movie years back where he did the same thing, except he pretended to be an old white guy. If I ever run for office, I'll be known as Pablo, instead of Paul. Maybe Paulie if I'm talking to an Italian American group at the time. And no, he doesn't have much of a chance.[/quote]

This is rather ironic too since since Ted's full name is Rafael "El Guero" Edward Cruz. :lol: This will be an interesting race. The wannabe Hispanic vs the wannabe White boy. :confused5

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

ElGallo wrote:
Does anyone else see the irony here? People (rightly) saying that we should vote for Republicans, including Cruz, even if we don't like them all that much, after Cruz refused to fully endorse Trump at the Republican convention.

Getting back to Robert O'Rourke. He is a white man of Irish descent who won the Democratic nomination by tricking Hispanics into thinking he was one of them by using an Hispanic nickname. Eddie Murphy had a movie years back where he did the same thing, except he pretended to be an old white guy. If I ever run for office, I'll be known as Pablo, instead of Paul. Maybe Paulie if I'm talking to an Italian American group at the time. And no, he doesn't have much of a chance.
This is rather ironic too since since Ted's full name is Rafael "El Guero" Edward Cruz. :lol: This will be an interesting race. The wannabe Hispanic vs the wannabe White boy. :confused5
Well at least neither one is pretending to be an illegal immigrant like the guy who's running for governor in New York.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04 ... t-him.html

What has the world come to when a candidate thinks that pretending to be a criminal will increase his chances of election?

E10
Posts in topic: 1

Post by E10 »

Syntyr wrote: Never implicitly trust anyone from El Paso. It's a hotbed of liberal insanity. I say this because I am from El Paso. It just as bad as Austin except less weird.
Hey. There are a few of us out here who can be trusted. Maybe only you and me, and sometimes I wonder about you (to recall the old fisherman's joke). We do have better Mexican food than Austin. Most liberal El Pasoans are OK, but they're dumb when it comes to politics.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Post by anygunanywhere »

E10 wrote:
Syntyr wrote: Never implicitly trust anyone from El Paso. It's a hotbed of liberal insanity. I say this because I am from El Paso. It just as bad as Austin except less weird.
Hey. There are a few of us out here who can be trusted. Maybe only you and me, and sometimes I wonder about you (to recall the old fisherman's joke). We do have better Mexican food than Austin. Most liberal El Pasoans are OK, but they're dumb when it comes to politics.
Pretty much anywhere has better Mexican food than Austin. Just sayin’.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Syntyr »

E10 wrote:
I wonder about myself everyday ;)

True about the Mexican food! And agreed about the people. But the politicians are just a box of rocks!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

LDB415
Posts in topic: 18

Post by LDB415 »

Vote your conscience, every primary election. Vote what's least worse every general election.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bigtek »

LDB415 wrote:Vote your conscience, every primary election. Vote what's least worse every general election.
I'm trying to imagine a situation where letting my conscience be my guide would be worse. :headscratch
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I should have said for the least worse candidate with an actual chance at winning, usually the republican but not always.

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

Yes, In the same manner Wendy Davis could beat Greg Abbott.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

Had this text message conversation the other night:

Austin area code:
Hi LucasMcCain, this is Henry with Beto for Texas. Beto O'Rourke is rejecting politics as usual and is running his grassroots campaign for Senate by travelling to all 254 counties to hear the needs of Texas voters -- not corporations or special interests. Can we count on your vote?

Me:
Beto O'Rourke does not believe I should have the right to effectively protect my family. I was not aware that he was running against Ted Cruz or what his political platform was. Now that you have called my attention to it, I will be telling everyone I know that they need to make sure to get out and vote against O'Rourke. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. That said, I'm on the do not call list and do not wish to be contacted for things like this again.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Bitter Clinger »

LucasMcCain wrote:Had this text message conversation the other night:

Austin area code:
Hi LucasMcCain, this is Henry with Beto for Texas. Beto O'Rourke is rejecting politics as usual and is running his grassroots campaign for Senate by travelling to all 254 counties to hear the needs of Texas voters -- not corporations or special interests. Can we count on your vote?

Me:
Beto O'Rourke does not believe I should have the right to effectively protect my family. I was not aware that he was running against Ted Cruz or what his political platform was. Now that you have called my attention to it, I will be telling everyone I know that they need to make sure to get out and vote against O'Rourke. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. That said, I'm on the do not call list and do not wish to be contacted for things like this again.
I too received that same text but from "Amanda". I replied with the digital distain symbol. She offered to take me off the list! :mrgreen:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 36

Post by bblhd672 »

LucasMcCain wrote: Beto O'Rourke is rejecting politics as usual
Until he fools enough people into electing him, then its politics as usual. Democrats are so shallow...and dumb.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I got the same text message from Jennifer. I replied

Sorry, no. I'm too intelligent to make that mistake.

They replied okay, we'll mark that down now.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”