Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 32

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

Post by Flightmare »

Part of me was curious, so I went and checked the Texas Secretary of State website. When he initially ran in 2012 for CD16, he was listed as Beto then too.

https://elections.sos.state.tx.us/elchist164_state.htm

While I would LOVE to ding him for changing just for this race, it DOES appear he's used it (at least in his campaign) for at least the last 6 years. I didn't bother going back to see what he was listed as when he ran in the municipal races in El Paso.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Flightmare wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:35 pm Part of me was curious, so I went and checked the Texas Secretary of State website. When he initially ran in 2012 for CD16, he was listed as Beto then too.

While I would LOVE to ding him for changing just for this race, it DOES appear he's used it (at least in his campaign) for at least the last 6 years. I didn't bother going back to see what he was listed as when he ran in the municipal races in El Paso.
There are so many other more valid reasons to not vote for the guy than his Hispanic sounding nickname.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:01 pm
Flightmare wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:35 pm Part of me was curious, so I went and checked the Texas Secretary of State website. When he initially ran in 2012 for CD16, he was listed as Beto then too.

There are so many other more valid reasons to not vote for the guy than his Hispanic sounding nickname.
I agree with you 100%. I falsely assumed that he had just started using the nickname for this race, and proved myself wrong. That is all I was pointing out.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Flightmare wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:07 pm
Redneck_Buddha wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:01 pm

I agree with you 100%. I falsely assumed that he had just started using the nickname for this race, and proved myself wrong. That is all I was pointing out.
Understood. No worries! :cheers2:

Ruark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Ruark »

Of course. But my hypothesis was that he'd lose a good number of Hispanic votes if the ballot said "Robert Francis" instead of "Beto."
-Ruark

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

He has been pandering for a long time.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 36

Post by bblhd672 »

The Only Remarkable Thing About Beto O'Rourke Is How Much the Media Love Him
https://townhall.com/columnists/davidha ... m-n2529767
Democrat O'Rourke, who is also in a race against an incumbent, Ted Cruz, is down 7 points and falling. It wouldn't be completely surprising if Cruz ended up winning Texas by the same margin he did in 2012. Yet you might not discern this reality by merely paying attention to Betomania.
"Betomania" "rlol"
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Oops, looks like Irish Bob is about to loose some votes he was counting on... :clapping:

Texas Dems under investigation after sending voting applications with citizenship box pre-checked to non-citizens

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas- ... n-citizens
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Abraham
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Abraham »

Dems - the party favored by criminals/communists and can't have enough of them in their political ranks either.

See pocahontas, et al....or even crazy eyes aoc...

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Separated at birth:

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:32 am Oops, looks like Irish Bob is about to loose some votes he was counting on... :clapping:

Texas Dems under investigation after sending voting applications with citizenship box pre-checked to non-citizens

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas- ... n-citizens
Wouldn't that be aiding and abetting voter fraud? If the box is pre-checked, at least some people will assume that they don't need to verify it.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I'm sure Mueller will be all over this case of collusion between the Democrats and foreign citizens to influence the outcome of our upcoming federal elections. Holding my breath now for the indictments that are sure to be announced soon.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 27

Post by RoyGBiv »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:54 pm I'm sure Mueller will be all over this case of collusion between the Democrats and foreign citizens to influence the outcome of our upcoming federal elections. Holding my breath now for the indictments that are sure to be announced soon.
Please pass the towels. Your sarcasm is dripping all over. :mrgreen: :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

puma guy
Posts in topic: 6

Post by puma guy »

I noticed Robert Francis has come off the kumbaya approach in his ads and is now on the attack.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

jason812
Posts in topic: 19

Post by jason812 »

9951.jpeg
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”