Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 36

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

Post by bblhd672 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:25 pm https://www.star-telegram.com/news/stat ... 51530.html

Article on homemade political yard sign removed by police.

Apparently a typical Beto supporter. Shows a little girl with a Republican Elephants trunk just under her dress.

Not sure why the police would be involved. Does it violate some law?
Liberals are classless.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

WildRose
Posts in topic: 27

Post by WildRose »

philip964 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:25 pm https://www.star-telegram.com/news/stat ... 51530.html

Article on homemade political yard sign removed by police.

Apparently a typical Beto supporter. Shows a little girl with a Republican Elephants trunk just under her dress.

Not sure why the police would be involved. Does it violate some law?
From the cited article.
At issue in the small community of Hamilton was a homemade yard sign featuring an elephant decorated in red, white and blue with its trunk up the skirt of a female saying the word “Help.” The sign said “Your vote matters.”
Probably in violation of some local obscenity ordinance.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 6

Post by puma guy »

Just made a contribution to Cruz. been meaning to do it fro a while, but kept forgetting. DONE!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

I really had to laugh at a news story about Beto campaigning and it shows him taking a picture with a young attractive lady who is holding her breath and sticking her chest out like she was trying to get a date. He was holding her rather close as well. Maybe FBI should investigate him. "rlol"
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Mrs. Dub and I returned a couple hours ago from a motorcycle trip down to San Antonio and the Hill Country. We did a couple scenic routes north and northwest of S.A. and as a rough estimate would say we saw 3x more Cruz signs than beto signs. A few times we noticed neighbors that had competing signs that were funny. This was out in the farm areas and while one neighbor would have a beto sign the neighbor would have a Cruz sign that was 2-4x bigger as close to the neighbor's property as they could get it.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964
Posts in topic: 103

Post by philip964 »

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/poli ... 32670.html

Beto will have an hour to him self on CNN, as Ted declined to come on CNN.

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

I have this saved to my phone and it’s my default reply to all Beto texts.

Funny, how the texts have slowed since using it.

flechero
Posts in topic: 30

Post by flechero »

philip964 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:46 pm https://www.star-telegram.com/news/poli ... 32670.html

I hate for Ted to give him an hour of saying anything he wants, uncontested and unchecked.

I get that it's cnn, but he's giving bo a lot of free lee way in this race. I hope Ted knows something that we don't because I'm a bit nervous.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Jusme »

flechero wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:30 pm
philip964 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:46 pm https://www.star-telegram.com/news/poli ... 32670.html

I hate for Ted to give him an hour of saying anything he wants, uncontested and unchecked.

I get that it's cnn, but he's giving bo a lot of free lee way in this race. I hope Ted knows something that we don't because I'm a bit nervous.

I think, going on CNN, right now, is not an advantage. The Clinton News Network, has desentergrated into such an echo chamber, that orourke won't be able to reach those he will need, to move the race to his side. In fact, CNN has become a death knell for anyone they endorse.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

flechero

Post by flechero »

Hoping you are right, brother!

Crossroads
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Crossroads »

Can we get Fox to host a debate with Ted and Robert with Shapiro as the moderator?
Neither a wise man or a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NotRPB »

Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

Here's the thing I think about

1) El Paso has lots of people.
2) They picked Beto before
3)... That's scary
He might can if not enough Sane Texans vote, so .... kinda important to not stay home, and get Aunt Mary out of the Nursing home to cast her ballot or offer rides to carpool to Sane neighbors if needed

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 36

Post by bblhd672 »

Anyone watching CNN is probably not undecided nor a Republican. If they are a Republican, why watch a "news" network known to lie and distort facts?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

flechero

Post by flechero »

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:56 am

Anyone watching CNN is probably not undecided nor a Republican. If they are a Republican, why watch a "news" network known to lie and distort facts?
Not so sure...

I watch cnn when hot topics are on (like the Kavanaugh accusations) to keep abreast of the other team's arguments/accusations... I also know that LOTS of people who aren't politically active (or affiliated) watch cnn. My point though was that bo will say a number of things that won't be accurate and will get traction since no one is there to correct it. And I think he'll use some clips of it in commercials. Regardless, nothing good comes from an hour of unchecked commentary from him as I'm sure he'll lie about Ted Cruz and both of their positions on issues.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”