Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Paladin
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

Post by Paladin »

Did Big Tech Steal the Election — for Dems and Itself?
through its suppression of perhaps more than two billion conservative pages, Facebook alone might have “stolen” the 2018 midterm election for Democrats — and itself.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Gator Guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Gator Guy »

mayor wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:47 pm Since this thread was hijacked long ago, my .02:

I think "adult rights" should be awarded only after someone has served honorably in the armed forces. Service has an tendency to change one's point of view. But the government shouldn't be allowed to rush willy-nilly into any old conflict.
Do "adult rights" include the obligation to pay taxes, or are you arguing in favor of taxation without representation?
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SQLGeek »

mayor wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:47 pm Since this thread was hijacked long ago, my .02:

I think "adult rights" should be awarded only after someone has served honorably in the armed forces. Service has an tendency to change one's point of view. But the government shouldn't be allowed to rush willy-nilly into any old conflict.
I'm thankful we live in a country that values personal liberty in such a way that this doesn't happen.
Psalm 91:2

mojo84
Posts in topic: 32

Post by mojo84 »

Paladin wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:25 am Did Big Tech Steal the Election — for Dems and Itself?
through its suppression of perhaps more than two billion conservative pages, Facebook alone might have “stolen” the 2018 midterm election for Democrats — and itself.
If this is proven, it would be a strong basis for claims the government to regulate social media. Sometimes, people and companies bring negative consequences upon themselves due to their actions.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mayor
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mayor »

Gator Guy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Do "adult rights" include the obligation to pay taxes, or are you arguing in favor of taxation without representation?
haven't worked out the details yet but:

Soldev
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soldev »

As someone who escaped political persecution in California, and lived their for 37 years, I can attest to the truth contained within this this video and would like to share it with you all to warn my fellow Texans of what is to come if and when the left takes over our state. We must not allow them to turn Texas into another California, there is no where else to go once Texas falls and it seems likely civil war will be inevitable if and when it does.

Texas License To Carry Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor & NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Benefactor Life Member

philip964
Posts in topic: 103

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/electi ... ll-n946501

So does the tread need a name changed? Can Beto O'Rourke really beat Donald Trump?

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by spectre »

philip964 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:44 am https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/electi ... ll-n946501

So does the tread need a name changed? Can Beto O'Rourke really beat Donald Trump?
I'm not sure either will be a major party candidate in 2020.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/bet ... e-11410687

Beto presidential run will wear us out.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Post by anygunanywhere »

philip964 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:38 pm https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/bet ... e-11410687

Beto presidential run will wear us out.
I'm certain watching his television commercials will make me throw up in my mouth a lot.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by spectre »

Che-to

"rlol"
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Syntyr »

spectre wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:51 pm
Che-to

"rlol"
I say Elizabeth Warren and Beto need to run. They can run as Beto and Beth. A fake Hispanic and fake Indian.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... ke-n951016

We are going to have so much fun over the next year.

BAMF
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BAMF »

philip964 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:16 pm https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... ke-n951016

We are going to have so much fun over the next year.
Go ahead and enjoy the show if that's your thing but this will have less political impact on the donkeys than the Trump-Cruz primaries feud had on the elephants. Unfortunately, no matter how shrill the public bickering becomes, the neocommunist party will vote together on their core issues of more government and less freedom.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/beto-orour ... 1546900932

Beto on road trip to meet voters outside Texas.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”