Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#631

Post by jason812 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:01 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:28 pm
I’m getting a little worried. With 66% of the vote in, Irish Bob O’Rourke is up by a couple of percent over Cruz. This is closer than I expected.
It's because there's too many of your homies moving here but don't want to assimilate into being a Texan. :biggrinjester:

User avatar

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 22
Posts: 24015
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#632

Post by The Annoyed Man » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:02 pm

G26ster wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:45 pm
Fox News projects Dems take the house. Fox also says only 7% of the vote is in in Texas. Where'd you get 66% TAM?
It was displayed on the FoxNews chiron. But, I could have possibly misread it. Or, maybe it was a typo that fox accidentally put up wrong.

Allred has a big lead against Sessions, but Abbott has pretty much wiped out Valdez.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy


Frankie
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:15 am
Location: Cibolo

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#633

Post by Frankie » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:12 pm

ABC just predicted Cruz will win. I sure hope they got it right!
Sig Ultra TT, Glock 23 (G4), Glock 30s, Glock 43


RicoTX
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:35 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#634

Post by RicoTX » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:13 pm

MSNBC also called it for Cruz.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member


strogg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: DFW (Denton County)

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#635

Post by strogg » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:17 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:02 pm
G26ster wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:45 pm
Fox News projects Dems take the house. Fox also says only 7% of the vote is in in Texas. Where'd you get 66% TAM?
It was displayed on the FoxNews chiron. But, I could have possibly misread it. Or, maybe it was a typo that fox accidentally put up wrong.

Allred has a big lead against Sessions, but Abbott has pretty much wiped out Valdez.
No, TAM, you got it right. Robert was ahead of Rafael by a wide margin at the 66% mark, but that's because the Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio areas reported in pretty early. Now it's pretty much over for Robert.

So we got to keep Abbott, Cruz, and Burgess (at least for me in Dist. 26). I'm satisfied that I was able to do my part.

User avatar

G26ster
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 2542
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:28 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#636

Post by G26ster » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:22 pm

Fox projects Cruz wins!!!!!!


RicoTX
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:35 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#637

Post by RicoTX » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:22 pm

What tonight had shown me is how many people did not vote straight ticket... which is fine...I don't either necessarily. The politicians better wake up to the fact they can't depend on riding the coattails of Abbot in the future. The Cruz race should be a wake up call. I hope.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

User avatar

Jeff B.
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:21 pm
Location: Flower Mound

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#638

Post by Jeff B. » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:32 pm

strogg wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:17 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:02 pm
G26ster wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:45 pm
Fox News projects Dems take the house. Fox also says only 7% of the vote is in in Texas. Where'd you get 66% TAM?
It was displayed on the FoxNews chiron. But, I could have possibly misread it. Or, maybe it was a typo that fox accidentally put up wrong.

Allred has a big lead against Sessions, but Abbott has pretty much wiped out Valdez.
No, TAM, you got it right. Robert was ahead of Rafael by a wide margin at the 66% mark, but that's because the Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio areas reported in pretty early. Now it's pretty much over for Robert.

So we got to keep Abbott, Cruz, and Burgess (at least for me in Dist. 26). I'm satisfied that I was able to do my part.
Same here... did my part and even got the wife out to vote. I'm surprised that Sessions appears to be going down to this ALL-Red Progressive. The Florida Governors and Senate races are really tight, although trending towards the R's. It looks like the Dims will narrowly retake the House and lose some ground in the Senate, though not as much as had been hoped.

Not as bad as it could have been, but the GOP didn't (again) do much when it had the House.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#639

Post by jason812 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:36 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:03 pm
https://www.texastribune.org/2018/04/18 ... lose-call/

I’ve never heard of this guy until now, and all of a sudden, the Texas Tribune is saying that it’s too close to call? I don’t know much about him, but I went and checked O’Rourke’s website for his stances on 2nd Amendment issues, and he seems to be solidly in the “ban civilian access to ‘weapons of war’” camp.

Anybody know much about him, and does anyone believe that he really can beat Cruz?
NO!

User avatar

lonestar144
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#640

Post by lonestar144 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:38 pm

As of this moment:

Ted Cruz (R) Incumbent
51.1%

Beto O'Rourke (D)
48.3%

Neal Dikeman (L)
0.6%
Image


strogg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: DFW (Denton County)

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#641

Post by strogg » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:42 pm

As a relevant thought, I wonder what the makeup of Demonrats vs Republicans is for the folks who moved in from out of state in the past few years. Really. So far this decade over a million out of state people moved to Texas, many of which come from the deep blue depths of Kalifornistan. I am curious how they ended up swaying the votes in Texas. Anyone have any links to relevant stats?

User avatar

Jeff B.
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:21 pm
Location: Flower Mound

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#642

Post by Jeff B. » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:46 pm

strogg wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:42 pm
As a relevant thought, I wonder what the makeup of Demonrats vs Republicans is for the folks who moved in from out of state in the past few years. Really. So far this decade over a million out of state people moved to Texas, many of which come from the deep blue depths of Kalifornistan. I am curious how they ended up swaying the votes in Texas. Anyone have any links to relevant stats?
No, but I think your right... It's like my sister in North Carolina says, all these people want to come down from the Northeast because it's such a mess and then they want to do the same thing down here...

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#643

Post by jason812 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:53 pm

Jeff B. wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:46 pm
strogg wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:42 pm
As a relevant thought, I wonder what the makeup of Demonrats vs Republicans is for the folks who moved in from out of state in the past few years. Really. So far this decade over a million out of state people moved to Texas, many of which come from the deep blue depths of Kalifornistan. I am curious how they ended up swaying the votes in Texas. Anyone have any links to relevant stats?
No, but I think your right... It's like my sister in North Carolina says, all these people want to come down from the Northeast because it's such a mess and then they want to do the same thing down here...

Jeff B.
Kind of like illegal border jumpers flying their native country's flag but claiming asylum.

User avatar

G26ster
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 2542
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:28 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#644

Post by G26ster » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:08 pm

McCaskill goes down the tubes in Missouri.


Redneck_Buddha
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 1228
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Little Elm, TX

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#645

Post by Redneck_Buddha » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:23 pm

Back to the original subject line: "Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?:

No.
Stop slackin', start packin'.
National Rifle Association Life Member; Gun Owners of America Member
"Live by G-d's law, or die by man's law."

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”