Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 4562
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#661

Post by Jusme » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:26 am

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:12 am
Paladin wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:58 am
Congrats Ted Cruz!!! :txflag:

Still can't believe the arrogance of wealthy out of stater's trying to hi-jack our Texas election. They don't live here and have no right to interfere with our election.

Unfortunately the out of state interference elected a football player for my representative. Lets hope Colin Allred doesn't have brain damage like 96 percent of all NFL players. Having a football player as our congressman is a little uncomfortably close to the movie Idiocracy for our family.

Dallas got slammed again when we lost Don Huffines. We will miss Don Huffines. God Bless you sir! :txflag:
Yep. A win is a win but Irish Bob is already claiming that the small margin signals a victory :banghead:

Cruz ran a virtually non-existent campaign and Sessions never got off the ground. Sessions almost seemed to give up before he ever even got in the fight.

So now in Dallas we are stuck with Socialist Collin AllRED as our Congress critter and a DemocRat DA.

Wonder where the best place is to move to in Texas? Suggestions? start a poll? :totap:

Image

Johnson County, where I live, has consistently voted red. In fact several judges, and even a State Representative Republican ran unnopposed. The Sherrif, Constables, most County Commissioners, etc, are Republican. Plus there is almost never traffic jams, no antifa protests, or gang violence. I don't know of any Synogogues but you would be welcome at my Methodist Church. :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 2310
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#662

Post by Paladin » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:56 am

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:12 am

So now in Dallas we are stuck with Socialist Collin AllRED as our Congress critter and a DemocRat DA.

Wonder where the best place is to move to in Texas? Suggestions? start a poll? :totap:
My wife and I were feeling the same way. I hate seeing this city go down. We have 2 years to organize to take back Dallas. It's worth the struggle.
NRA Endowment, TSRA Life, GOA Life Member
Texas State Guard

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2860
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#663

Post by SQLGeek » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:45 am

TreyHouston wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:04 am
Beiruty wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:54 am
Next election is even more critical. Demographics are changing fast. More inflows to Texas.
Yes. It was VERY CLOSE. Harris county were I live took a big loss today. :grumble
Fort Bend county also. Really surprised Bob Hebert got voted out considering everything he did around Hurricane Harvey.
Psalm 91:2


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 42
Posts: 6949
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#664

Post by philip964 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:51 am

I realized with this election there are a lot of people who think completely differently than I do.

Ted won, but just by 2%. Statewide that is a lot of liberal voters.

In Houston, there is clearly a majority of liberal voters.

I did my first straight ticket, but so did everyone else here in Houston, so much so that our current Republican Harris County Judge (chief county executive) was replaced by someone who is 27 and works as a medical interpreter. (She did graduate from Stanford, but 5 years out of college most likely)

It is clear to me, my thinking is in a minority here.

It will not be long before I live in a socialist utopia.
Last edited by philip964 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.


jordanmills
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:42 am

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#665

Post by jordanmills » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:57 am

TreyHouston wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:04 am
Beiruty wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:54 am
Next election is even more critical. Demographics are changing fast. More inflows to Texas.
Yes. It was VERY CLOSE. Harris county were I live took a big loss today. :grumble
Yeah, that is really bad. She didn't get a majority, so maybe they can call for a runoff? I don't know if that applies to the county judge.


K.Mooneyham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1740
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Vernon, Texas

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#666

Post by K.Mooneyham » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:58 am

Senator is a state-wide office...so is Governor. Senator Cruz won by a rather small margin; Governor Abbott won by a sizeable margin. I think the difference between the two races highlights that Texas is still a very conservative state, AND that Senator Cruz was late "getting into the game" against Robert O'Rourke, especially considering the amount of money poured into the state for ol' Robert.

Think about this. Republicans not only retained the Governorship, but also Lt. Gov, and all the other top-level statewide offices. Do not forget that this was a mid-term election, and historically, the party NOT in power takes often large numbers of seats in mid-term elections. I'm not saying this was a great outcome, for our state or nation, but it could have been a LOT worse compared to how things have occurred HISTORICALLY. When the 2020 election comes, people really need to pay attention, and get to work early to make sure that those lost seats are recaptured.

User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 2310
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#667

Post by Paladin » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:34 pm

This Texas Senate race was like the Battle of Fort McHenry:

Image

Nationwide, the plutocrats, their media companies, and the far-leftists attacked with everything they had, with over $61 million dollars, in the most expensive senate race in history (more expensive by a margin of over 40%). In the end Mr. Cruz won.

It's a HUGE victory. 6 more years of Ted Cruz plus 4 more years of Gov. Abbott! :cheers2:
NRA Endowment, TSRA Life, GOA Life Member
Texas State Guard

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 10739
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#668

Post by Oldgringo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:53 pm

philip964 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:51 am
I realized with this election there are a lot of people who think completely differently than I do.

Ted won, but just by 2%. Statewide that is a lot of liberal voters.

In Houston, their is clearly a majority of liberal voters.

I did my first straight ticket, but so did everyone else here in Houston, so much so that our current Republican Harris County Judge (chief county executive) was replaced by someone who is 27 and works as a medical interpreter. (She did graduate from Stanford, but 5 years out of college most likely)

It is clear to me, my thinking is in a minority here.

It will not be long before I live in a socialist utopia.
The voting age should never have been lowered to 18 EXCEPT for active military.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7097
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#669

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:10 pm

Oldgringo wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:53 pm
philip964 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:51 am
I realized with this election there are a lot of people who think completely differently than I do.

Ted won, but just by 2%. Statewide that is a lot of liberal voters.

In Houston, their is clearly a majority of liberal voters.

I did my first straight ticket, but so did everyone else here in Houston, so much so that our current Republican Harris County Judge (chief county executive) was replaced by someone who is 27 and works as a medical interpreter. (She did graduate from Stanford, but 5 years out of college most likely)

It is clear to me, my thinking is in a minority here.

It will not be long before I live in a socialist utopia.
The voting age should never have been lowered to 18 EXCEPT for active military.
The real problem is that the extreme leftist have completely taken over the educational systems. They brain wash children for 12 years and then finish them off in college. Truth is, most of them have no idea why they voted for the socialist party. It was a group think effort in an attempt to fit in.
In my home, one is allowed to spit on the floor in any situation where they are forced to say the word, Obama.
NRA-Endowment Member
http://www.planoair.com
http://www.planoairconditioningandheating.com


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 8325
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#670

Post by Abraham » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:17 pm

How on earth did the bug eyed socialist girl win her election along with liar-watha?

Because of the we all get 'free stuff' crowd- but wait, not all. Not the taxpayers - What's that old song?

There's gonna be a revolution...

When this socialism garbage ripens it'll be very ugly and the "you give me free stuff crowd" won't fare well in the long run...but sigh, it'll take more years than I have remaining, but it'll happen...

U.S. citizens aren't intimidated Venezuelans...


jordanmills
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:42 am

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#671

Post by jordanmills » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:30 pm

K.Mooneyham wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:58 am
Senator is a state-wide office...so is Governor. Senator Cruz won by a rather small margin; Governor Abbott won by a sizeable margin. I think the difference between the two races highlights that Texas is still a very conservative state, AND that Senator Cruz was late "getting into the game" against Robert O'Rourke, especially considering the amount of money poured into the state for ol' Robert.

Think about this. Republicans not only retained the Governorship, but also Lt. Gov, and all the other top-level statewide offices. Do not forget that this was a mid-term election, and historically, the party NOT in power takes often large numbers of seats in mid-term elections. I'm not saying this was a great outcome, for our state or nation, but it could have been a LOT worse compared to how things have occurred HISTORICALLY. When the 2020 election comes, people really need to pay attention, and get to work early to make sure that those lost seats are recaptured.
Well cruz didn't do himself any favors by making it obvious that he's bought and paid for by big media. Selling us out on net neutrality got him a LOT of hate, for example.

User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 2310
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#672

Post by Paladin » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:36 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:10 pm
Oldgringo wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:53 pm
philip964 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:51 am
I realized with this election there are a lot of people who think completely differently than I do.

Ted won, but just by 2%. Statewide that is a lot of liberal voters.

In Houston, their is clearly a majority of liberal voters.

I did my first straight ticket, but so did everyone else here in Houston, so much so that our current Republican Harris County Judge (chief county executive) was replaced by someone who is 27 and works as a medical interpreter. (She did graduate from Stanford, but 5 years out of college most likely)

It is clear to me, my thinking is in a minority here.

It will not be long before I live in a socialist utopia.
The voting age should never have been lowered to 18 EXCEPT for active military.
The real problem is that the extreme leftist have completely taken over the educational systems. They brain wash children for 12 years and then finish them off in college. Truth is, most of them have no idea why they voted for the socialist party. It was a group think effort in an attempt to fit in.
It is true that they have taken over our educational systems and robbed our children from understanding their history.

Professor Jordan Peterson has shown how identity politics can only succeed in a vacuum:
the left, while it currently seems ascendant in our houses of culture and art, has in fact entered its decadent late phase, and it is deeply vulnerable. The left is afraid not of Peterson, but of the ideas he promotes, which are completely inconsistent with identity politics of any kind...In the midst of this death rattle has come a group of thinkers, Peterson foremost among them, offering an alternative means of understanding the world to a very large group of people who have been starved for one. His audience is huge and ever more diverse...
Our greatest need is to recapture the historical and cultural narrative. Like the Appleseed Project we must re-tell all the stories of the past that the kids have never heard before.
NRA Endowment, TSRA Life, GOA Life Member
Texas State Guard


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 8325
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#673

Post by Abraham » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:42 pm

Net neutrality?

Isn't that subject high on the list of leftist politics?

Or, am I wrong and it's high on the list of folks who're merely paranoid when paranoia isn't really justified?


stroo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1657
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:46 pm
Location: Coppell

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#674

Post by stroo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Republicans in Texas better wake up and figure out how to get Hispanic votes and suburban votes. In my area which historically has been strongly Republican, I now have a Democrat state senator and a Democrat state rep who doesn't even live in the district. And my Congressman, Marchant, just barely won.

Republicans need to wake up!

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7097
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#675

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:45 pm

On Halloween night I was walking with my grand daughter while she was trick or treating. We were in a very nice neighborhood in North Plano. I was a bit dismayed by the number of Beto signs in front yards.
In my home, one is allowed to spit on the floor in any situation where they are forced to say the word, Obama.
NRA-Endowment Member
http://www.planoair.com
http://www.planoairconditioningandheating.com

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”