Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Austin based Yeti quits doing business with NRA

Post by ELB »

John Galt wrote:I ordered a RTIC tumbler last night, and their slogan is over built-not over priced.
You should send a copy of your receipt to Yeti. They are HQ'd in Austin.
USAF 1982-2005

rtschl
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rtschl »

cyphertext wrote:
rtschl wrote:How is the NRA supposed to prove a negative? They said it was without prior notice and YETI refused to say why. The burden of proof is squarely in the hands of YETI. If they are telling the truth they need to do the following:

* Show proof that they offered "an alternative customization program" prior to NRA-ILA statement
* Show proof that this notice (and alternative program) was made to other organizations
That is why I would like to see the original correspondence. YETI says that they offered an alternative program, NRA says they didn't... One of them is lying. The NRA could just as easily clear this up by providing the original correspondence as well.

If the NRA is telling the truth, why did this announcement come out of the Florida group only, vs a national release?

The email came from Marion Hammer who is former NRA President and current lobbyist as well as Executive-Director of Unified Sportsmen of Florida. She's a giant in the Pro 2A and NRA ranks. NRA-ILA (National) posted her email, so it was a national release of her email.

If you want to know more about Marion Hammer: https://www.ammoland.com/2018/01/do-you ... z5DcrSIIsJ and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Hammer
Ron
NRA Member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

cyphertext wrote:
rtschl wrote:How is the NRA supposed to prove a negative? They said it was without prior notice and YETI refused to say why. The burden of proof is squarely in the hands of YETI. If they are telling the truth they need to do the following:

* Show proof that they offered "an alternative customization program" prior to NRA-ILA statement
* Show proof that this notice (and alternative program) was made to other organizations
That is why I would like to see the original correspondence. YETI says that they offered an alternative program, NRA says they didn't...
  • One of them is lying.
The NRA could just as easily clear this up by providing the original correspondence as well.

If the NRA is telling the truth, why did this announcement come out of the Florida group only, vs a national release?
Why would the NRA lie about them getting cut off by YETI. The NRA would have nothing to gain from doing something like that. Clearly YETI is backpedaling and trying to lie their way out of a bad decision.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

rtschl wrote:
cyphertext wrote:

That is why I would like to see the original correspondence. YETI says that they offered an alternative program, NRA says they didn't... One of them is lying. The NRA could just as easily clear this up by providing the original correspondence as well.

The email came from Marion Hammer who is former NRA President and current lobbyist as well as Executive-Director of Unified Sportsmen of Florida. She's a giant in the Pro 2A and NRA ranks. NRA-ILA (National) posted her email, so it was a national release of her email.

If you want to know more about Marion Hammer: https://www.ammoland.com/2018/01/do-you ... z5DcrSIIsJ and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Hammer
The alternative customization program is just a part of their Corporate sales option, which I mentioned is available to anyone who has the money to take advantage of it. I said the Brady bunch could get the same deal to put their logo on Yeti products. Just pay the fees. It has nothing to do with any partnership or alignment. Yeti's corporate execs probably thought that explanation would fly as they munched on their tofu and kale salads. They are too obtuse to understand the NRA's inference that they (Yeti) would no longer be supporting youth programs by cutting off the NRA Foundation and said the NRA lied about that. Hard to see reality in the land of the unicorns.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 9

Post by cyphertext »

Keith B wrote:
cyphertext wrote:

That is why I would like to see the original correspondence. YETI says that they offered an alternative program, NRA says they didn't...
  • One of them is lying.
The NRA could just as easily clear this up by providing the original correspondence as well.

Why would the NRA lie about them getting cut off by YETI. The NRA would have nothing to gain from doing something like that. Clearly YETI is backpedaling and trying to lie their way out of a bad decision.
I guess I just can't see YETI saying that they wouldn't sell coolers to the NRA. What would YETI have to gain from that? I can however see them discontinuing discount programs... The thing is, right now it is a bunch of he said, she said... seems like if it were so cut and dry that the NRA would post the correspondence they had with YETI that kicked this off... Or YETI would... :headscratch

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

puma guy wrote: The alternative customization program is just a part of their Corporate sales option, which I mentioned is available to anyone who has the money to take advantage of it. I said the Brady bunch could get the same deal to put their logo on Yeti products. Just pay the fees. It has nothing to do with any partnership or alignment. Yeti's corporate execs probably thought that explanation would fly as they munched on their tofu and kale salads. They are too obtuse to understand the NRA's inference that they (Yeti) would no longer be supporting youth programs by cutting off the NRA Foundation and said the NRA lied about that. Hard to see reality in the land of the unicorns.
OK, so everyone could get in on this deal... If that is the deal that YETI offers to everyone, then I don't see that as refusing to sell to the NRA. Now, if 10 partners got some type of discount that the NRA got, and it is still available to others but the NRA has been dropped, then that is a different story as well. But even that is different than refusing to sell to the NRA... That is the part that I am tripping up on... did they flat out refuse to sell to the NRA, or did they refuse to sell at the discounted pricing? Neither one makes me happy, but their is a significant difference.

flechero
Posts in topic: 8

Post by flechero »

On Tuesday, Hammer emailed Breitbart News a response to the Yeti statement. The statement said:

YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.

Hammer concluded her statement by noting, “Whether this is due to the recent cancellation of the IPO from their New York City owners is a question only they can answer.”
I'd say the ball is STILL in yeti's court.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

flechero wrote:
On Tuesday, Hammer emailed Breitbart News a response to the Yeti statement. The statement said:

YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.

Hammer concluded her statement by noting, “Whether this is due to the recent cancellation of the IPO from their New York City owners is a question only they can answer.”
I'd say the ball is STILL in yeti's court.
Hadn't seen that...

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

cyphertext wrote:
puma guy wrote: The alternative customization program is just a part of their Corporate sales option, which I mentioned is available to anyone who has the money to take advantage of it. I said the Brady bunch could get the same deal to put their logo on Yeti products. Just pay the fees. It has nothing to do with any partnership or alignment. Yeti's corporate execs probably thought that explanation would fly as they munched on their tofu and kale salads. They are too obtuse to understand the NRA's inference that they (Yeti) would no longer be supporting youth programs by cutting off the NRA Foundation and said the NRA lied about that. Hard to see reality in the land of the unicorns.
OK, so everyone could get in on this deal... If that is the deal that YETI offers to everyone, then I don't see that as refusing to sell to the NRA. Now, if 10 partners got some type of discount that the NRA got, and it is still available to others but the NRA has been dropped, then that is a different story as well. But even that is different than refusing to sell to the NRA... That is the part that I am tripping up on... did they flat out refuse to sell to the NRA, or did they refuse to sell at the discounted pricing? Neither one makes me happy, but their is a significant difference.
The corporate sales of customized items is apparently very different than the arrangement with the NRA. Customized items would be like Bob's RV Service having tumblers with their logo. Tervis tumblers offers the same thing even putting your initials or name on a single item for small additional charges. YETI and the NRA had a special agreement/arrangement for promotions. with YETI products.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Pawpaw »

puma guy wrote:The corporate sales of customized items is apparently very different than the arrangement with the NRA. Customized items would be like Bob's RV Service having tumblers with their logo. Tervis tumblers offers the same thing even putting your initials or name on a single item for small additional charges. YETI and the NRA had a special agreement/arrangement for promotions. with YETI products.
Like this?

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

cyphertext wrote:I guess I just can't see YETI saying that they wouldn't sell coolers to the NRA. What would YETI have to gain from that?
Social Justice points. Virtue signaling as marketing strategy.
Fear of having their products associated with NRA.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

From Alice Tripp of TSRA:
If you contacted Yeti, thank you! NRA did a national alert and the resulting impact caused Yeti to issue some rather creative damage control. I can promise you, regardless of the Yeti response, there was no mistake and no misunderstanding.
That's good enough for me.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Pawpaw wrote:
puma guy wrote:The corporate sales of customized items is apparently very different than the arrangement with the NRA. Customized items would be like Bob's RV Service having tumblers with their logo. Tervis tumblers offers the same thing even putting your initials or name on a single item for small additional charges. YETI and the NRA had a special agreement/arrangement for promotions. with YETI products.
Like this?

Looks like it!
Dick's and YETI using similar business models.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

ELB wrote:
John Galt wrote:I ordered a RTIC tumbler last night, and their slogan is over built-not over priced.
I noticed that many of the products on RTIC website are sold out, so evidently many other people are doing the same.

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

John Galt wrote:
ELB wrote:
I noticed that many of the products on RTIC website are sold out, so evidently many other people are doing the same.
Probably just coincidence, RTIC has been running a big sale for the past few weeks on a lot of there stuff. I've picked up another cooler and a bunch of water bottles for the family.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”