Why and When? When did American Society become stupid and why did our society embrace so much hate?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
OneGun
Posts in topic: 3

Why and When? When did American Society become stupid and why did our society embrace so much hate?

Post by OneGun »

There is a recent news story about a kid getting interrogated by the police for tweeting about a father-son outing to a gun range, hiring an instructor to shoot a rifle and learning about the 2A. Remember when most kids went to school with a shotgun or a 22 in their truck? When did society look down on father-son outings or despise our U.S. Constitution? In my school district, the police charged a high school student with weapon charges because he drew a gun on the bathroom wall with a sharpie. After the district expelled him and the county held him without bail for three-months, the grand jury no-billed the kid. It’s a fine-point sharpie! The pen is supposed to be mightier than the sword, but no one died from sharpie poisoning.

Or, why would an anti-fascist movement employ fascist tactics to advance their cause? Or people that claim they embrace diversity expend lots of energy to silence people with diverse opinion. Am I the only one that sees the contradiction? I can’t understand why when I say “God Bless You” when a person sneezes, I get yelled at for pushing faith. Why is a simple random act of kindness a crime? Are people so hyper-sensitive that they confuse random kindness? What is a “micro-aggression” anyway? Or, people refer to POTUS as an anti-immigrant even though he is married to an immigrant. Even more troubling calling POTUS a Nazi, yet members of his immediate family are orthodox Jews. And, not to be outdone, referring to POTUS as a white supremacist who calls Dr. Carson, an African-American doctor, a friend. When did people become so stupid?

Today, it seems like people are willing to hate at the drop of pin. Members of the LGBTQ community think Chick-fil-A is a hate company, even though they serve anyone. It’s a chicken sandwich. Just because the CEO is a devout Baptist, his entire company is a hate company? When did Baptists become a hate group? Even dumber, the California political elite are so upset that Hillary lost the election that they enact laws to make breaking Federal law legal. Isn’t that how a civil war starts? Even if they don’t like Trump, he can’t serve more than two terms.

I miss the days when people actually practiced mutual respect. People understood the value of our rights under the U.S. Constitution. People talked about their differences like adults rather than have kindergarten playground fights over everything. Can we ever get back to those times?

Ok, Rant is over. We now take you to our regularly scheduled program. Its late, I'm tired.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

cirus
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Why and When? When did American Society become stupid and why did our society embrace so much hate?

Post by cirus »

sbrawley wrote:
I believe we are witnessing the days of when evil will be good and good will be evil. It’s only going to get worse before it gets better, sadly.
It's not gonna get any better. This is as good as it's gonna get. Every day from here on out is gonna get a little worse until He returns. Then it will all be put right. Until then I avoided people as much as I can except work and church.

bblhd672

Re: Why and When? When did American Society become stupid and why did our society embrace so much hate?

Post by bblhd672 »

There's a great deal to say in the Bible about the signs we're to watch for, and when these signs all converge at one place we can be sure that we're close to the end of the age. -Billy Graham
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Hot Dawg

Post by Hot Dawg »

I took my 11 year old nephew to the range a few months ago to teach him to shoot, he had a great time but afterwards I had to have a talk with him about how he could get in trouble at school talking about guns. Sad he could not share his fun weekend with his school friends.

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

I'm going to say right about the time that everyone began to believe and preach that everyone was special and everyone received a trophy by simply trying without putting in any actual work. Unfortunately that only fueled a young society of entitlement. People seem to not be able to own up to their own mistakes and seem to only blame others and absolutely will not swallow their pride and admit that yes, perhaps they were wrong and they are to blame for whatever happens in their life. A book that I've read and need to re-read sums it up pretty well, it's rated R for language and written by an author named Mark Manson. The title of the book..."The Subtle Art of Not giving a Bleep", I highly recommend it.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

By and large, I am convinced that we are seeing the original American values -- individualism, responsibility, Liberty, education, hard work and belief in God -- lose the culture war against the proponents of Progressivism, which favors government action, solutions and control, co-opts education and turns it into programming, bares the Government teat to those who'd rather suckle than work, and supplants belief in God with belief in Government. Progressive forces have been at work in America for over a hundred years. Theirs has been a long, patient fight against the values that made Western civilization great -- and they are now seeing the fruits of their labor as first-world countries slowly crumble to third-world status. Utopian collectivism is a pipe-dream, but its proponents will stop at nothing to destroy anything and everything good for mankind in their efforts to enable it because in their minds failures of Communism are because it hasn't ever been implemented correctly.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Topic author
OneGun
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OneGun »

Middle Age Russ wrote:By and large, I am convinced that we are seeing the original American values -- individualism, responsibility, Liberty, education, hard work and belief in God -- lose the culture war against the proponents of Progressivism.
One thing I find interesting in the immigration debate in this country is the large number of people that want to immigrate to this country because of our American values and the large number of Progressives that dispense with our American values when it suits their narrative to accommodate these immigrants.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

strogg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by strogg »

I believe Tom Lehrer described the leftist values best back in the mid-60s with the intro to his song "National Brotherhood Week".
I'm sure we all agree that we ought to love one another, and I know there are people in the world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that!

strogg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by strogg »

OneGun wrote:
Middle Age Russ wrote:By and large, I am convinced that we are seeing the original American values -- individualism, responsibility, Liberty, education, hard work and belief in God -- lose the culture war against the proponents of Progressivism.
One thing I find interesting in the immigration debate in this country is the large number of people that want to immigrate to this country because of our American values and the large number of Progressives that dispense with our American values when it suits their narrative to accommodate these immigrants.
Very true. It's a peculiar phenomenon. I feel like the progressives are forcing the immigrants and their American-born offspring to completely live the life and culture of their originating country whether they want to or not. And for the record, I've met far more who would rather assimilate to our traditional American values than not.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Middle Age Russ wrote:By and large, I am convinced that we are seeing the original American values -- individualism, responsibility, Liberty, education, hard work and belief in God -- lose the culture war against the proponents of Progressivism, which favors government action, solutions and control, co-opts education and turns it into programming, bares the Government teat to those who'd rather suckle than work, and supplants belief in God with belief in Government. Progressive forces have been at work in America for over a hundred years. Theirs has been a long, patient fight against the values that made Western civilization great -- and they are now seeing the fruits of their labor as first-world countries slowly crumble to third-world status. Utopian collectivism is a pipe-dream, but its proponents will stop at nothing to destroy anything and everything good for mankind in their efforts to enable it because in their minds failures of Communism are because it hasn't ever been implemented correctly.
Word.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jnazee

Post by Jnazee »

When people stopped having reverence for God and His Son.

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

It's all part of the plan that's been in place for over a 100 years. The big difference is technology has allowed it to kick into high gear and the planners are not wasting time.
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Smokey613 wrote:It's all part of the plan that's been in place for over a 100 years. The big difference is technology has allowed it to kick into high gear and the planners are not wasting time.
Exactly! The left has taken advantage of every modern communication method and device available. In addition to controlling the thought process thru control of media, education, and often government itself, it has the big megaphone to control thought.

The right on the other hand does little or nothing to counter. But even if they did, it would be squelched by those above in control. No right wing political thought allowed in schools, in the media, or social media. The word simply does not get out, other than in the normal echo chambers of like political thought. Little to no counter demonstrations, probably because most on the right have jobs and little time to participate.

As long as the left has control of the information flow, then we will only sink deeper into oblivion. Additionally, as long as the bulk of so-called right wing politicians goal is to "get along" there's little chance of change. The left is in lock step, but the right is too busy fighting amongst themselves to counter. The current political situation is proof of that.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

TERM LIMITS for ALL elective and appointed governmental offices!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”