Oklahoma House passes "Constitutional Carry" bill

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rotor
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Oklahoma House passes "Constitutional Carry" bill

Post by rotor »

She signed HB 2177 which allows the 10 commandments on public property (which most likely will be ruled unconstitutional) and vetoed a Constitutional Carry bill. Go figure. I guess we need to know where our Governor will be ahead of time if it ever comes up in Texas. No reason to pass a law that will be vetoed unless it is just to see how people vote.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

rotor wrote:She signed HB 2177 which allows the 10 commandments on public property (which most likely will be ruled unconstitutional) and vetoed a Constitutional Carry bill. Go figure. I guess we need to know where our Governor will be ahead of time if it ever comes up in Texas. No reason to pass a law that will be vetoed unless it is just to see how people vote.
Greg Abbott would never veto a pro-gun bill, including unlicensed-carry.

Chas.

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G.A. Heath »

rotor wrote:She signed HB 2177 which allows the 10 commandments on public property (which most likely will be ruled unconstitutional) and vetoed a Constitutional Carry bill. Go figure. I guess we need to know where our Governor will be ahead of time if it ever comes up in Texas. No reason to pass a law that will be vetoed unless it is just to see how people vote.
Passing concealed carry only to have 'Ma Richards' veto it was a major factor in her defeat during the next election and I suspect it helped grow the political capital for TSRA.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

If I have a Texas LTC this doesn't affect me one way or the other, right?
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

BBYC wrote:If I have a Texas LTC this doesn't affect me one way or the other, right?
Nope
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

BBYC wrote:If I have a Texas LTC this doesn't affect me one way or the other, right?
Yes in a subtle way. The more states that pass such legislation shows the other states that blood will not run in the streets if our 2A rights are less infringed.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”