Just received a polling phone call

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Just received a polling phone call

Post by Syntyr »

Just received an innteresting robot call from unknown number. It was a robo survey. Questions were:

Do you have fav/unfavorable opinion of Trump
Favorable or unfavorable of Democrats in Congress
Favorable or unfavorable Of republicans in Congress
If election were held today would you for for the dem in your district or republican
If election for senate were held today would you vote for “bedo” o’rouke or Ted Cruz and yes it was pronounced BEEDO :smilelol5:
Here is where it gets interesting
Favorable or unfavorable Opinion of the NRA? :thumbs2:
Favorable or unfavorable Opinion of Gabbie Giffords? :mad5 BZZZZZT!
Favorable or unfavorable opinion of high school kids advocating against gun violence? :grumble
Favorable or unfavorable opinion of March for our Lives? :nono:
How important is gun safety very, somewhat, little, or no importance? :thumbs2: :rules:
Do you feel that we as a nation need more gun control, less gun control or as is? :fire :fire :fire :fire

I answered less to that question and I think the system hung up on me. :totap: I guess they were getting the answers they wanted " :headscratch so if you get an unknown caller tonight it might be a survey...
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Just received a polling phone call

Post by Oldgringo »

If I don't recognize the caller, I usually won't answer it. That's what Voice Mail is for.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Oldgringo wrote:If I don't recognize the caller, I usually won't answer it. That's what Voice Mail is for.

:iagree:

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

John Galt wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:If I don't recognize the caller, I usually won't answer it. That's what Voice Mail is for.

:iagree:
I also have an App on my IPHONE called, "Mr. Number" and it is a big help.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

"If I don't recognize the caller, I usually won't answer it. That's what Voice Mail is for."

Perfect!

This what we've been doing for years.

We let caller I.D. and the answering machine screen all calls.

Every time we get a call and we don't know the caller, I laugh with glee as yet another bother-er didn't get to bother us.

Thus, we turn what could be an annoyance into yet another time to laugh and laugh and laugh...

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I got a text from his campaign. I responded with "no hablo ingles". They didn't text back. Apparently "Beto" doesn't have anyone on his campaign that speaks Spanish...

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

Abraham wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:33 am "If I don't recognize the caller, I usually won't answer it. That's what Voice Mail is for."

Perfect!

Every time we get a call and we don't know the caller, I laugh with glee as yet another bother-er didn't get to bother us.

Thus, we turn what could be an annoyance into yet another time to laugh and laugh and laugh...
Same here - let my voice mail and caller ID screen my calls. Received this poll on my answering machine and deleted it after the first question. :mrgreen:
CHL since 01/26/09

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Pete92FS wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:20 pm
Abraham wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:33 am "If I don't recognize the caller, I usually won't answer it. That's what Voice Mail is for."

Perfect!

Same here - let my voice mail and caller ID screen my calls. Received this poll on my answering machine and deleted it after the first question. :mrgreen:
We can also block that number. I have about as many blocked numbers as I do "contacts"....maybe more? :leaving

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

IMHO, a lot of (most?) polling is rather useless for several reasons. Some percentage of it is DESIGNED to get a particular group of responses via calling in areas heavily favored by one party or the other (but mostly one in particular), or by wording the questions in such a manner as to elicit certain desired responses, or a combination of the two. Then the poll numbers are touted in an attempt to bring about "bandwagoning" (everyone else is doing it, so why not you?).

However, another reason that much polling is skewed is that a lot of folks simply refuse to answer the polls at all. I have a feeling that most of those folks tend to vote for one party instead of the other. In and of itself, that would skew the results without any predetermined spin placed on the poll. Indeed, if that is true, it may partially count for why one party thought they had the last election sewn up, and then the unexpected happened.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

At the first mention of Bedo, my response would have turned to "Due to the nature of this call, I will be donating $10 to the NRA, and I will do so for each subsequent call I or any in my immediate family receives." I expect this would self-limit the calls.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”