Intuit Quickbooks Reverses Gunsite’s Charges

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Intuit Quickbooks Reverses Gunsite’s Charges

Post by bblhd672 »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:09 pm
BBYC wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:20 pm
JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:59 pm sounds like fraud or theft by deception to me.....
What did they steal? The funds were returned to the credit card holders.
Services had already been rendered or goods transferred.
Those funds no longer belonged to the credit card holders. I don't see it as any different from Intuit keeping the funds for themselves, or giving them to some random third party.
Of course IANAL, just a simple redneck operating on his sense of right and wrong. :tiphat:

So, hypothetical situation. YOU work for Company X, and they pay by direct deposit into your account with Bank Y. Bank Y is a fully owned subsidiary of the George Soros conglomerate. The conglomerate is apprised of a social media post of you attending the NRA Convention, so they start routing your employer's payroll transfers to your account, back to your employer. Just curious, would you
A) be OK with that, "because they aren't stealing", or
B) be speed-dialing your attorney and the law enforcement entity of your choice? :biggrinjester:
C) FInd the home address of the bank officials who went along with this? :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

apostate

Post by apostate »

I would expect my employer to pay me. If a banking error returned a direct deposit to them, they are still obligated to pay me.

BBYC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BBYC »

MechAg94 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:38 pm
BBYC wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:20 pm
JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:59 pm sounds like fraud or theft by deception to me.....
What did they steal? The funds were returned to the credit card holders.
I guess it is arguing over definitions. Because of Intuit's actions, Gunsite has lost money. They lost the revenue from the purchases they did not have contact information for. They also lost man hours due to all their people that had to spend time contacting customers to redo the credit card charges with a new service. Also, some people didn't want to reauthorize payments until they saw their CC statement showing the credit. I don't know if that is theft, but I think it is actionable.
I agree there may be cause for civil action.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:50 pm Once somebody sues Intuit for defrauding them, that crap will stop. Fraud ....or theft.... would be easy enough to prove
Fraud is always a felony. Theft of this magnitude is also a felony. Wouldn't it be lovely to watch their CEO hauled out of their headquarters in cuffs?
"rlol" "rlol"
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Misfit Child

Post by Misfit Child »

OldCurlyWolf wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:00 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:50 pm Once somebody sues Intuit for defrauding them, that crap will stop. Fraud ....or theft.... would be easy enough to prove
Fraud is always a felony. Theft of this magnitude is also a felony. Wouldn't it be lovely to watch their CEO hauled out of their headquarters in cuffs?
"rlol" "rlol"
Most politicians raise a lot more campaign money than that. Can we drag them out of their offices in handcuffs if they don't keep their campaign promises?

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

"rlol" "rlol"
Yes. Yes it would be lovely. :thumbs2:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Misfit Child wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:51 pm
"rlol" "rlol"
Most politicians raise a lot more campaign money than that. Can we drag them out of their offices in handcuffs if they don't keep their campaign promises?
Remember, they have to insult a Trump critic first or their just exercising their rights... :banghead:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”