Former anti-gun writer flips sides, joins pro-gun groups

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Former anti-gun writer flips sides, joins pro-gun groups

Post by Paladin »

Article
“After witnessing the union of the Democratic Party and former spy chiefs James Clapper, James Comey and John Brennan, I slowly realized my trust in the federal government had been naive,” said Goodman. “Of course, I’d never advocate an armed rebellion, but the fact 37 percent of American families own some type of firearm ensures that unelected officials think twice about the extent of their schemes. If intelligence chiefs like Brennan and Clapper can lie under oath without perjury charges, or James Comey can overlook Clinton’s private server (storing SAP intelligence) because of ‘intent,’ imagine the extent of their chicanery with a disarmed population.”
I am glad that Mr. Goodman was open minded enough to review the facts and think it through for himself.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man

Re: Former anti-gun writer flips sides, joins pro-gun groups

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’ve actually got a small but growing collection of articles - both about guns as well as other political issues - in which self-identified liberal reporters have either changed their tune, or at least warned the rest of the left against dismissing the concerns of conservatives and libertarians out of hand.

For instance: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/commentary ... tion-2016/.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Beautiful.

I've also found a number of columns & articles by former liberals/progressives/whatchamacallits who've woken up to what the left has become, and walked away. Not specifically gun related, but heartening.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

A woman who flipped then wrote a book, Paxton Quigley - Armed and Female or Not an Easy Target. I've recommended the books to women who think they don't need higher levels of self-protection.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”