California Farmer Arrested for Trying to Comply

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 1

California Farmer Arrested for Trying to Comply

Post by Lynyrd »

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/0 ... ation-law/

There are several articles about this on the Internet, but I could not find a post on the forum. If there is already a post, Mods please delete this one.

It seems that a prominent farmer was simply trying to comply with the new California law regarding registration of his firearms. Instead, the state sent people to arrest him and confiscate his weapons. He is now facing jail time as a felon.

I guess the left wing nut jobs in Sacramento want to turn all gun owners into felons and lock them up.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Allons
Posts in topic: 4

Re: California Farmer Arrested for Trying to Comply

Post by Allons »

I'm trying to understand, why would you try to register an illegal gun on a website in a state that has some of the toughest gun laws in America. I think had he not tried to register this gun his home would not have been raided. As for 250 rounds of ammo... big deal I have 400 rounds in my nightstand, however, with the illegal gun and silencers I think it's not going to end well for him. I think they will use this news as a scare tactic to get people to comply.
Last edited by Allons on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Someone needs to remind commyfornia what the 2nd amendment is. It’s to overthrow government like that piece of junk state.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

And why exactly are we allowing California to claim that it is part of the United States?

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

My younger lefty brother wanted me to send him some AR-15 magazines. I asked him what prison he wanted to serve his time in? If you looked at the recent primary maps of democrat vs republican areas you can see that a large surface area of the state is republican but the voter blocks are democrat. Unlikely to change. Will get worse in California and not better unless there is an armed revolution. I don't see that happening either.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Allons wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:50 pm I'm trying to understand, why would you try to register an illegal gun on a website in a state that has some of the toughest gun laws in America. I think had he not tried to register this gun his home would not have been raided. As for 250 rounds of ammo... big deal I have 400 rounds in my nightstand, however, with the illegal gun and silencers I think it's not going to end well for him. I think they will use this news as a scare tactic to get people to comply.
The leftists aren't seeking compliance, THey want us to live in fear of noncompliance. That's why they create the rapidly changing difficult rules and create them as felonies. The leftists' goal is to intimidate and make the peasants fear and cower before them. It's not an accident that gun shops fear abbreviations for street or avenue, or that our income taxes are so complicated that most people need a computer program or hire someone with a computer program, just to avoid prison sentences.
Fear is the leftist most powerful weapon.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Allons

Post by Allons »

Liberty wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:18 pm
Allons wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:50 pm I'm trying to understand, why would you try to register an illegal gun on a website in a state that has some of the toughest gun laws in America. I think had he not tried to register this gun his home would not have been raided. As for 250 rounds of ammo... big deal I have 400 rounds in my nightstand, however, with the illegal gun and silencers I think it's not going to end well for him. I think they will use this news as a scare tactic to get people to comply.
The leftists aren't seeking compliance, THey want us to live in fear of noncompliance. That's why they create the rapidly changing difficult rules and create them as felonies. The leftists' goal is to intimidate and make the peasants fear and cower before them. It's not an accident that gun shops fear abbreviations for street or avenue, or that our income taxes are so complicated that most people need a computer program or hire someone with a computer program, just to avoid prison sentences.
:iagree: I can see that, no argument here.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I know that some aren't but I'm a fan of Ayn Rand. Her character in Atlas Shrugged said it best.
"We're after power and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you'd better get wise to it. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them...you create a nation of lawbreakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Rearden." (2.2.3.39)
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

Liberty wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:18 pm
They ought to be careful not to push too hard, too quickly, though. What's that old saying?

Oh, right.... 'After the first one, the rest are free.'
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Know when they don't need to know!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

crazy2medic wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:58 pm Know when they don't need to know!
:thumbs2: What they don't know can't hurt you.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.kget.com/news/local-news/mem ... 1186514586

Here is a link to a local news station.

Apparently you can register your guns by sending in photos. The photo he sent in showed to the State of California as illegal modifications, so that was used for a warrant. When his farm was raided they found 230 rounds of ammunition and two silencers. Enough for 12 felonies and $150,000 bond.

No gun laws are to stop crime, not to make criminals of honest citizens.

strogg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by strogg »

I'm kinda torn on this. I get it. He probably didn't quite understand the intricacies of the new laws, so he screwed up, which led to the raid. That is definitely stupid Kalifornistan punishing honest people to push a fascist agenda.

But at the same time, it is clear as day that it is illegal to have a suppressor in CA. It is also clear as day that he needs to fill out a Form 1 or 4 and get a tax stamp to have a suppressor. It is unclear whether he had the latter, but it doesn't matter since the former is all that is needed for a felony charge. Also, it is very well known in CA that any magazines over 10 rounds are now illegal to possess. If he knew the new assault-on-our-liberties law, he would know the magazine law too.

I despise Commifornia as much as the next person here, but the farmer should have known better with half of those charges.

As an aside, 230 rounds of ammo? That's it? Even with the stupid magazine laws, it's still only an hour's worth of shooting.

Allons

Post by Allons »

strogg wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:18 am I'm kinda torn on this. I get it. He probably didn't quite understand the intricacies of the new laws, so he screwed up, which led to the raid. That is definitely stupid Kalifornistan punishing honest people to push a fascist agenda.

But at the same time, it is clear as day that it is illegal to have a suppressor in CA. It is also clear as day that he needs to fill out a Form 1 or 4 and get a tax stamp to have a suppressor. It is unclear whether he had the latter, but it doesn't matter since the former is all that is needed for a felony charge. Also, it is very well known in CA that any magazines over 10 rounds are now illegal to possess. If he knew the new assault-on-our-liberties law, he would know the magazine law too.

I despise Commifornia as much as the next person here, but the farmer should have known better with half of those charges.

As an aside, 230 rounds of ammo? That's it? Even with the stupid magazine laws, it's still only an hour's worth of shooting.
:iagree: :iagree:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Soldev

Post by Soldev »

Texas License To Carry Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor & NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”