Chili’s WiFi Blocks Forum

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Chili’s WiFi Blocks Forum

Post by ScottDLS »

Frankie wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:29 pm Not defending Chili’s but... As a IT guy who’s deals with Web Content Filtering policy for very large global enterprise, I think that Chili’s and it’s management probably know ZERO about the categorization of this site.
They likely use a 3rd party vendor product like Paloalto and subscribe to their categorization database.
https://urlfiltering.paloaltonetworks.com/query/
URL: texaschlforum.com
Category: Weapons
Description: Sales, reviews, descriptions of or instructions regarding weapons and their use.
Example Sites: www.israeli-weapons.com, www.nunchuckguy.com
Policy to block selectees catsgoies such as “Weapons”is usually made by the most paranoid, least educated, bureaucrat in the organization.

Most DoD networks block the Weapons category which I have always found to be a bit ironic.
The DoD Pentagon unclassified network doesn't block the forum... Don't ask me how I know. :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SQLGeek »

Frankie wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:31 pm Forgot to say, if you are using free public WiFi, up better be using a VPN!
This right here. Say no to public wifi without a VPN.

The only time I use it if I'm at working from a coffee shop and then I'm connected to my company's VPN. I won't even use airport Wifi (generally because it's awful along with public), I just tether off of my phone.
Psalm 91:2

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Never cared for Chili's offerings. Last time i went there was two years ago to meet some friends from out of town. Food still worthless as ever.

Alf

Post by Alf »

Abraham wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:34 pm First off: Their low quality, high cost alleged food is something I'll never again bother with.

Honestly, the food in the Army was better than Chili's offerings...blech!

So there's that.

Plus, if you're there to eat...eat.

Electronic gizmos can wait...

p.s. as horrible and pricey as their food is I'm surprised they're still in business.
:iagree: Although their burgers are a step up from Whataburger so there's that.

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

Frankie wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:29 pm Not defending Chili’s but... As a IT guy who’s deals with Web Content Filtering policy for very large global enterprise, I think that Chili’s and it’s management probably know ZERO about the categorization of this site.
They likely use a 3rd party vendor product like Paloalto and subscribe to their categorization database.
https://urlfiltering.paloaltonetworks.com/query/
URL: texaschlforum.com
Category: Weapons
Description: Sales, reviews, descriptions of or instructions regarding weapons and their use.
Example Sites: www.israeli-weapons.com, www.nunchuckguy.com
Policy to block selectees catsgoies such as “Weapons”is usually made by the most paranoid, least educated, bureaucrat in the organization.

Most DoD networks block the Weapons category which I have always found to be a bit ironic.
Exactly, Frankie. I design, implement, and maintain networks. Our primary DNS filtering option is OpenDNS but we do use others depending on the client. This forum is listed as a "weapon" site on every single one of them. Most of our clients don't filter the "weapon" category, but we do have a few schools that we manage that do. Mostly because they are SERIOUSLY locked down (if it ain't school related, forget it).

None of our restaurants, hotels, or other hospitality related businesses use this kind of filtering. Kinda bizarre for Chili's to do category filtering.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”