Chili’s WiFi Blocks Forum

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Chili’s WiFi Blocks Forum

Post by ScottDLS »

I noticed a few months ago my local Chili’s blocks the Forum as “weapons” site. Dumb but predictable. Maybe we should have a 30.08 notice for WiFi so they can block anyone carrying from using. It’s all about the owners’ property rights. Their network, their rules. It’s kind of like a dress code for web surfing. That’s ok I was scamming their WiFi from the barbershop next door. I’m just worried about when ATT and T-Mobile start posting their networks. :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Chili’s WiFi Blocks Forum

Post by Abraham »

First off: Their low quality, high cost alleged food is something I'll never again bother with.

Honestly, the food in the Army was better than Chili's offerings...blech!

So there's that.

Plus, if you're there to eat...eat.

Electronic gizmos can wait...

p.s. as horrible and pricey as their food is I'm surprised they're still in business.

bbhack
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bbhack »

Never use free WiFi. I guess one could say "except in emergency".
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

ELB

Post by ELB »

I stopped going to my local Chili’s for a while because it was dirty. The tables, the chairs, the menus. I tried it again a few months later to see if anything had changed high and discovered the wifi would not let me access this forum. I left them a review stated I thought this was nonsense and I would not be back because of it. And I haven’t been back, unlikely to try again for quite some time.
USAF 1982-2005

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Abraham wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:34 pm First off: Their low quality, high cost alleged food is something I'll never again bother with.

Honestly, the food in the Army was better than Chili's offerings...blech!

So there's that.

Plus, if you're there to eat...eat.

Electronic gizmos can wait...

p.s. as horrible and pricey as their food is I'm surprised they're still in business.
:iagree:

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

bbhack wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:37 pm Never use free WiFi. I guess one could say "except in emergency".
THIS! countless time's i've gone to starbucks or mc donalds and sat in their parking lot and jacked into their wifi to snoop around... its incredibly easy to hack into peoples devices on public wifi. I NEVER use public wifi... unfortunately my laptop that had kali on it decided to die the other day so no smore snooping for me :mad: :mad:
NRA Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Unrelated to the WiFi issue, but some of the Chili's stores allowed customer's bank card data to be compromised.
Updated May 18, 2018

Dear Valued Guests,

This notice is to make you aware that some Chili’s restaurants have been impacted by a data incident, which may have resulted
in unauthorized access or acquisition of your payment card data, and to provide you information on steps you can take to protect
ourself and minimize the possibility of misuse of your information.

We sincerely apologize to those who may have been affected and assure you we are working diligently to resolve this incident.
We are offering free credit monitoring and fraud resolution services for those who may have been affected by this incident.

https://brinker.mediaroom.com/ChilisDataIncident

I am not an IT guy so I don't know the definition of a "data incident". This "explanation" sounds like corporate speak to me.
NRA Endowment Member

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

Abraham wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:34 pm Honestly, the food in the Army was better than Chili's offerings
ἤρκει γὰρ,’ ἔφη, ‘τὸ μὴ χρῆσθαι τοῖς ἀπαρέσκουσιν· ὁ δὲ τὴν τοιαύτην ἀγροικίαν ἐξελέγχων αὐτός ἐστιν ἄγροικος.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

bigtek,

...and what does that mean in English?

Topic author
ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

It’s all Greek to me. :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

strogg

Post by strogg »

Chilis? They're still in business?

ELB

Post by ELB »

WildBill wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:29 pm ...

I am not an IT guy so I don't know the definition of a "data incident". This "explanation" sounds like corporate speak to me.
It is not really “IT speak”. It is “bureaucratic speak.” It’s an innocuous sounding way to say “we’re really not sure how bad it is, and it could be really bad, but nothing to see here please move along.”
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

strogg wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:53 am Chilis? They're still in business?

"When you say next door, did you mean Chili's or Flingers?"

Do you really want to wear the minimum number of pieces of flair?"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Not defending Chili’s but... As a IT guy who’s deals with Web Content Filtering policy for very large global enterprise, I think that Chili’s and it’s management probably know ZERO about the categorization of this site.
They likely use a 3rd party vendor product like Paloalto and subscribe to their categorization database.
https://urlfiltering.paloaltonetworks.com/query/
URL: texaschlforum.com
Category: Weapons
Description: Sales, reviews, descriptions of or instructions regarding weapons and their use.
Example Sites: www.israeli-weapons.com, www.nunchuckguy.com
Policy to block selectees catsgoies such as “Weapons”is usually made by the most paranoid, least educated, bureaucrat in the organization.

Most DoD networks block the Weapons category which I have always found to be a bit ironic.

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Forgot to say, if you are using free public WiFi, you better be using a VPN!
Last edited by Frankie on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”