Man attacks teens in San antonio over MAGA hat

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 16

Man attacks teens in San antonio over MAGA hat

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

This sure looks like assualt and theft to me and it was against two minors. The tolerant left at it again.

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Man attacks teens in San antonio over MAGA hat

Post by Richbirdhunter »

There’s a popular hashtag going around for people to walk away from the democratic party
when you see things like this post it with #walkaway
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

ELB
Posts in topic: 11

Post by ELB »

Probably a good thing I was not there.
USAF 1982-2005

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I hope that video is going viral so that thing can be arrested. It most certainly is an assault and a theft.

Chas.

Edit to add: He has been identified and fired from his job at a bar. Why has San Antonio PD not arrested him and charged him with theft and assault? Come on SAPD, do you job!

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

The alleged attacker has allegedly been fired from his alleged job.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/stat ... 52794.html
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

dlh
Posts in topic: 4

Post by dlh »

Wonder if any charges will be filed. Subject to the usual caveats and it depends--injury to a child is a felony in Texas.

From what I see it is at least a class c misdemeanor.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

bblhd672 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:49 am The alleged attacker has allegedly been fired from his alleged job.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/stat ... 52794.html
I hope he's prosecuted!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

If he keeps assaulting children, prosecution may be the least of his worries.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

What a bum. Hope he's arrested and found guilty and pays a BIG fine.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Post by srothstein »

The news article I read says that a police report has been filed. It implied that it wasn't filed until after he was identified, which i can see as most teenagers probably would not have thought of it at first.

But it won't be a fine, if true. I see it as one of the easiest felony arrests some SAPD detective will ever get. When you combine an assault with a theft, you get a robbery. The video is pretty good evidence of both elements of the offense. The public has identified the suspect. All the detective has to do now is get the statement from the victim, put together an affidavit for a warrant, and go pick up the suspect. I am sure the DA would then bargain it down to a lower offense, but it is hard to not make it at least a state jail felony for theft from a person.

And while it is legal to shoot to stop a robbery, I would not recommend it for anyone in a case like this.
Steve Rothstein

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/05/te ... p-hat.html
San Antonio police told Fox News on Thursday they had received a complaint and detectives had been assigned to the case. Earlier in the day, a police spokesperson said the department hadn't received a report.

Whataburger told Fox News that it is cooperating with the police investigation.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

If his excuse is that Maxine Waters told him to do what he did, can she be charged as well? At least, can we stir up bad press for her?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

from what I read last night when it started hitting the local fb pages, he was id'd, picked up, and charges were filed and yes, he was fired from his job.

Another interesting thing was reading the comments on the news pages....local Hispanics saying that they were proud to have voted for Trump and they were calling out others who were backing up the "bad guy" saying the kid "shouldn't have worn the hat in a heavily minority city".
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

srothstein wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:24 am The news article I read says that a police report has been filed. It implied that it wasn't filed until after he was identified, which i can see as most teenagers probably would not have thought of it at first.

But it won't be a fine, if true. I see it as one of the easiest felony arrests some SAPD detective will ever get. When you combine an assault with a theft, you get a robbery. The video is pretty good evidence of both elements of the offense. The public has identified the suspect. All the detective has to do now is get the statement from the victim, put together an affidavit for a warrant, and go pick up the suspect. I am sure the DA would then bargain it down to a lower offense, but it is hard to not make it at least a state jail felony for theft from a person.

And while it is legal to shoot to stop a robbery, I would not recommend it for anyone in a case like this.
That was my thought when watching the video. Can't shoot to stop, but if an LTC stepped in to stop it and confronted the adult non-violently, and the subject escalated the situation, I wonder how that would go across in a grand jury. Would the LTC be considered an instigator, or a defender? :confused5
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

I hope the DA makes a quick and very public example of this. The state and country need to see that the law is not on their side and will not look the other way with this type of behavior or this will continue to escalate across the country.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”