Man attacks teens in San antonio over MAGA hat

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flechero
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Man attacks teens in San antonio over MAGA hat

Post by flechero »

So just the 5 dwi's and drug charges... how can a judge let him walk. I guess it's not important until AFTER you run over and kill a child while DUI. :mad5 :mad5

Seems to me that the judge in the 3rd, 4th and 5th dwi cases should himself be partially accountable for the next one.

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

You have to wonder, how would I react if this were me sitting in a Whataburger, concealed carrying, and accosted by this burly guy stealing my hat and assaulting me? A bunch of dorky teens are not going to be armed but a senior citizen (I know-it's Whataburger) may very well be armed. My $20 hat and assaulted. Would anyone pull a gun and order the jerk to stand down while the police were called?

thatguyoverthere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by thatguyoverthere »

chasfm11 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:02 am My greatest concern of out this incident is not the dolt to created it but the "wanna-bees" who might copy it. The harder that society comes down on the originator, the less attractive that the repeats might seem. I do understand that some are drawn to the limelight, regardless of the consequences but believe that there is some deterrent effect for those who retain a small spark of self-interest - IF there there is a legal response. In the context of the leaders who are trying to ramp up violence against anyone who doesn't agree with them, every time that we can see public consequences for such actions, the better. There have been videos on the past of people just grabbing MAGA hats with apparent impunity. That simply encourages others to see if they,too, can get away with outrageous acts.
Remember Edith? She's the woman who stole the MAGA hat off the head of a male student at UC Riverside, then proceeded to yell and rant and curse at him. That was all captured on video also.

She ended up having to take anger management classes and write an apology letter.

Note: The following link about that original event and the legal consequences does contain some printed curse words:
https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/46442/

Do you think the outcome for this guy will be much different? Should it be?

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 16

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

flechero wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:56 am So just the 5 dwi's and drug charges... how can a judge let him walk. I guess it's not important until AFTER you run over and kill a child while DUI. :mad5 :mad5

Seems to me that the judge in the 3rd, 4th and 5th dwi cases should himself be partially accountable for the next one.
Aman to this! Now we all know why he thought it was OK to do what he did. He keeps getting away with his crimes. :mad5

Mel

Post by Mel »

I Know!!! Since he keeps breaking the current laws and nothing happens to him, Let's make some NEW laws. Isn't that the way it works?
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

rotor wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:02 am You have to wonder, how would I react if this were me sitting in a Whataburger, concealed carrying, and accosted by this burly guy stealing my hat and assaulting me? A bunch of dorky teens are not going to be armed but a senior citizen (I know-it's Whataburger) may very well be armed. My $20 hat and assaulted. Would anyone pull a gun and order the jerk to stand down while the police were called?
See my earlier reply #35 https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php ... 0#p1211189

This person is irritating but not deadly, so an irritating response, such as pepper gel, would be my first choice. If I were to later perceive a threat to which force or deadly force was an appropriate response, then my openly carried S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch is available.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 16

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

rotor wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:02 am You have to wonder, how would I react if this were me sitting in a Whataburger, concealed carrying, and accosted by this burly guy stealing my hat and assaulting me? A bunch of dorky teens are not going to be armed but a senior citizen (I know-it's Whataburger) may very well be armed. My $20 hat and assaulted. Would anyone pull a gun and order the jerk to stand down while the police were called?
We have the luxairy of seeing a video of it playing out and he left. I would have no way of knowing what his plans for me were. He approaches me like that and I am going Red on him. I am not required to wait and see how much damage this guy will do before defending myself. I would tell him to back away and not approach in my firm voice of control.

Again, we don't know everything about how he approached either. Maybe he acted friendly and told the kid cool hat. The video starts with the thug already holding the hat. Many times guys like this will ask to see the hat or ride the bike before showing what they are up to.

rotor

Post by rotor »

oljames3 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:55 am
See my earlier reply #35 https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php ... 0#p1211189

This person is irritating but not deadly, so an irritating response, such as pepper gel, would be my first choice. If I were to later perceive a threat to which force or deadly force was an appropriate response, then my openly carried S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch is available.
Just to clarify, it is Whataburger so you probably won't be sitting open carrying. I don't carry pepper gel and I don't think most LTC carriers carry pepper spray for mildly accosting people and guns for more severely accosting people. A big burly guy comes up to me at a table while I am seated, pulls my hat off and what little hair I have left and threatens me, what do I do? At my age I am not going to wrestle him to the floor but I am prepared to protect me and my wife if sitting at a Whataburger. Is this a situation to shoot over? What if he is about to swing at me? I don't know how I would react to this guy but I very well might be more aggressive while carrying than if not. What if it were my wallet sitting on the table that he walked off with? Theft is theft and accosting is accosting.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I understand that under Texas law, he probably won't be charged with a serious crime, although an aggressive prosecutor, could put this guy on the hot seat for a while.
What about Federal law? Weren't civil rights of the young man violated? Couldn't this be construed as a hate crime? The left is very quick to do just that to anyone who hurts their feelings. Eric Holder went after every LEO involved in any altercation, with someone of color. Maybe it's time we turn the tables on these lunatics.
Why hasn't the ACLU stepped up to defend this kid's rights? Oh yeah.. It's a white kid in Texas, who supports Trump.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Killadocg23 »

The teens didnt press charges because a witness who wished to remain anonymous said they were saying racial slurs etc. Guy was wrong for what he did but these "teens" need better home training and respect, especially in the public place.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Jusme wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:27 pm I understand that under Texas law, he probably won't be charged with a serious crime, although an aggressive prosecutor, could put this guy on the hot seat for a while.
What about Federal law? Weren't civil rights of the young man violated? Couldn't this be construed as a hate crime? The left is very quick to do just that to anyone who hurts their feelings. Eric Holder went after every LEO involved in any altercation, with someone of color. Maybe it's time we turn the tables on these lunatics.
Why hasn't the ACLU stepped up to defend this kid's rights? Oh yeah.. It's a white kid in Texas, who supports Trump.
Let's see. If a large white man with multiple prior convictions assaulted a group of black children and stole their Obama hat telling them that he was going to burn it, it would most definitely have been prosecuted as a hate crime.

This is the exact same situation, except that the races are reversed, so clearly this is not a hate crime in any way. But you sir have probably committed a hate crime for even suggesting such a thing!

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Killadocg23 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:07 pm The teens didnt press charges because a witness who wished to remain anonymous said they were saying racial slurs etc. Guy was wrong for what he did but these "teens" need better home training and respect, especially in the public place.
Can you provide a link to a credible source that supports this?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

He’s been charged with a felony.

Tracked down by something called 4 Chan.

They then alerted police of his whereabouts.

Bar he worked at fired him.

They have had to shut down their social media sites due to all the bad comments being posted, despite their condemnation of his actions.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Violent disgusting animal needs to be put down.
III

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Theft of person is a felony in Texas. He is out on bond currently. He told a reporter that the hat had the same effect on him as seeing a KKK hood. Give me a break snowflake!! SMH

Trump Jr. has offered to send them new MAGA hats signed by the POTUS. :patriot:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Suspe ... 00931.html
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”