Teens were armed during burglary...

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
orangetx
Posts in topic: 1

Teens were armed during burglary...

Post by orangetx »

This happened over the weekend in my town. Whats crazier, I used to live in this apt complex. I like how they make note of the Texas Law, justifying the defending of one home.

http://starlocalmedia.com/lewisvillelea ... d8ce2.html
Who’s interrupting my Kung Fu?!

RPBrown

Re: Teens were armed during burglary...

Post by RPBrown »

"Hunter said that two firearms were recovered from the residence at the Oaks of Lewisville Apartments. One was a shotgun that one of the residents claimed as their own. The other was a pistol that police have been unable to confirm if it is a registered weapon."

Unable to confirm if it was a registered weapon. No such thing in Texas. Another leftist news orginization
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am waiting to hear the whole story. The PIO said they didn’t know the “relationship” of the intruder and home owner. (Sounds like there is more they are not telling - maybe a drug dealer, etc...). He also said there was no forced entry. (Maybe they were invited in or maybe they knocked and occupants just opened the door.). Either way I hope they follow up on the story.

This is also a reminder to stay armed even at home.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

RPBrown wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:03 am "Hunter said that two firearms were recovered from the residence at the Oaks of Lewisville Apartments. One was a shotgun that one of the residents claimed as their own. The other was a pistol that police have been unable to confirm if it is a registered weapon."

Unable to confirm if it was a registered weapon. No such thing in Texas. Another leftist news orginization
So, do you think that the news people just made that up to toe the "party line", or is it possible some police officer actually said something like that? I hate the leftwinger news media with a passion, so I have no problem thinking they just said that...however, if there are police officers in Texas thinking that firearms need to be "registered", that's a whole other issue.

ELB

Post by ELB »

RPBrown wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:03 am ...Unable to confirm if it was a registered weapon. No such thing in Texas. Another leftist news orginization
Well, no, I don't think so, just not familiar with how determining ownership works. Overall I think the reporter did a very good job with quoting the law on both self-defense and unlawful entry (instead of fumbling through a garbled "castle doctrine" blurb), explaining how the police conduct their investigation, noting that the apartment dweller who owned the shotgun will get it back after testing (which implicitly acknowledges it was used in legal self-defense), etc.

You don't have to be a lefty to be ignorant of how firearms laws in the US and Texas actually work, and given the number of times TV detective shows (often set in NYC) mention guns being registered to somebody it's not surprising someone would be led astray. Aside from that she did some good research.

The only thing she left out was how the surviving suspect got that black eye.
Last edited by ELB on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
USAF 1982-2005

dlh

Post by dlh »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:27 am
RPBrown wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:03 am "Hunter said that two firearms were recovered from the residence at the Oaks of Lewisville Apartments. One was a shotgun that one of the residents claimed as their own. The other was a pistol that police have been unable to confirm if it is a registered weapon."

So, do you think that the news people just made that up to toe the "party line", or is it possible some police officer actually said something like that? I hate the leftwinger news media with a passion, so I have no problem thinking they just said that...however, if there are police officers in Texas thinking that firearms need to be "registered", that's a whole other issue.
I don't like the words "registered" and "registration" because of the ambiguities they create. Maybe by "registration" they meant "traceable from manufacturer to FFL then on to the buyer."...Those records certainly exist.

I noticed as I was logging in that I had to be "registered" to comment....DOH ;-)
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”