FL:Stand your ground law under fire for parking space dispute murder

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Re: FL:Stand your ground law under fire for parking space dispute murder

Post by Jusme »

spectre wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:29 pm
mojo84 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:12 pm
WTR wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:07 pm Problem is that I have never seen a red card and I know several people who had temporary disabilities who have received the blue card. I am in in NM and the card I was issued expired at my DL renewal date which was greater than four years.
Then again, this is a forum specific to Texas. I think it is quite evident there are quite a few differences between Texas and New Mexico. This may be one.
And this happened in Florida which is yet another state with its own differences.

And there's no evidence the woman in Florida was a disabled veteran or the Queen of the Nile, so she shouldn't have parked there.

You are correct, however, it was not the shooter's job, to try to enforce parking violations. If it was a major issue, he should have contacted the local PD. This guy had a history, of interjecting himself into situations, where there was a strong likelihood of confrontation. I have too many other issues in my life to deal with, I don't worry about people illegally parking in a handicapped spot. I do my best to avoid confrontation, and will do everything I can to deescalate, any confrontation, I may find myself in. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by spectre »

Jusme wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:39 pm
WTR wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:07 pm Problem is that I have never seen a red card and I know several people who had temporary disabilities who have received the blue card. I am in in NM and the card I was issued expired at my DL renewal date which was greater than four years.
Then again, this is a forum specific to Texas. I think it is quite evident there are quite a few differences between Texas and New Mexico. This may be one.
And this happened in Florida which is yet another state with its own differences.

And there's no evidence the woman in Florida was a disabled veteran or the Queen of the Nile, so she shouldn't have parked there.

You are correct, however, it was not the shooter's job, to try to enforce parking violations.
You are correct, however, somebody on this forum with DV tags doesn't excuse the woman in Florida.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

mojo84
Posts in topic: 23

Post by mojo84 »

Has anyone said she should have parked there?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Here is an example of what is being called the perfect stand your ground case in Florida:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -stop.html

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Deltaboy wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:27 am Sad he been charged I find that even in Johnson County we have issues finding parking for my wife. If I complain about it that doesn't allow some one to walk out and shove me to the ground.

My bottom line is don't park in Handicapped ♿ spots and don't get upset when you get called out about it. :tiphat:
And their parking or traffic infraction doesn't allow you to get in their face with your complaint, either. Personally, I don't initiate confrontations with any of the hundreds of people I see on a daily basis who commit a traffic or parking infraction. I suppose I could lodge a polite complaint, as long as I didn't get right up in their face screaming and yelling, but to me it seems a completely unnecessary thing to do. I have enough drama in my life without going out of my way to create more.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by WTR »

He may have been yelling and cussing but he certainly was not in her face. She actually is existing the vehicle toward the man before her boyfriend arrives.

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 11

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

tomneal wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:53 pm It's going to trial now:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/pinellas/ ... el-drejka/
Funny how the media works. They show a picture of the guy who was shot all smiley faced and looking like a boy scout. Then they show a picture of the shooter looking threatening and ominous.

It is pretty obvious what the anti gun anti self defense media is after.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

I'll bet that both of these old goats were displaced yankees who were mad that they were surrounded by those they tried to flee from and compounded by the fact that Florida is hot, humid and not the promised land they were expecting.

03Lightningrocks

Oldgringo wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:09 pm I'll bet that both of these old goats were displaced yankees who were mad that they were surrounded by those they tried to flee from and compounded by the fact that Florida is hot, humid and not the promised land they were expecting.
Old goats? One was late twenties and the other was around 46. Maybe you are thinking of some other situation?

03Lightningrocks

WTR wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:38 pm He may have been yelling and cussing but he certainly was not in her face. She actually is existing the vehicle toward the man before her boyfriend arrives.
My bet is that she was about to help beat the guy and then saw the gun and ran. If that fellow had not fired we would have been watching his beat down on another of those infamous you tube videos. Those two were definitely about to pound him. He should not have been playing parking cop but that does not give a thug and his girlfriend the right to pound him down.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:34 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:09 pm I'll bet that both of these old goats were displaced yankees who were mad that they were surrounded by those they tried to flee from and compounded by the fact that Florida is hot, humid and not the promised land they were expecting.
Old goats? One was late twenties and the other was around 46. Maybe you are thinking of some other situation?
Yep, wasn't there another earlier thread about two uh, er senior guys dueling it out about a Handicap parking space? I dunno', I'm gittin' kinda Senior my own self? :confused5

03Lightningrocks

Oldgringo wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:16 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:34 pm
Yep, wasn't there another earlier thread about two uh, er senior guys dueling it out about a Handicap parking space? I dunno', I'm gittin' kinda Senior my own self? :confused5
Yep. There sure was. I think that one was two old crankers. Seems the handicap parking thing is getting downright hazardous...LOL.

flechero
Posts in topic: 6

Post by flechero »

So when you tell someone they are breaking the law or acting inappropriately, that justifies an assault from another person coming from another direction. Ok, got it. :thumbs2:

Good or bad shoot aside, the guy was attacked from the blind side and most here would have drawn if able, after being flattened. He clearly didn't know that the attacker was with the HC parker.

This wasn't about a HC spot- it was about somebody talking to the unstable, dead guys girl...

03Lightningrocks

Self defense IMHO. The crime is that they are taking the victim to court.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”