Dallas County Sheriff's office looking for gun issued to Texas governor candidate Lupe Valdez

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Dallas County Sheriff's office looking for gun issued to Texas governor candidate Lupe Valdez

Post by ELB »

rtschl wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:46 am Found in Sheriff's Department Property room:

"After a previous audit failed to locate the weapon, current interim Dallas County Sheriff Marian Brown ordered another inventory be completed on the Sheriff’s Property Room yesterday," the sheriff's office said Tuesday morning.

During that search, the pistol issued to Valdez in 2011, after her own weapon malfunctioned, was found.

The sheriff's office said they now believe the gun was surrendered Jan. 2 and mistakenly not entered into inventory at that time.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/[abbreviated profanity deleted] ... 70061.html
Thoughts:

1. Shouldn't Valdez have been able to tell them that immediately? "Hey I gave that back to you guys on 2Jan." Nothing to that effect appears in the original article.

2. What other booboos do they have in inventory? I can see not keeping close tabs on office chairs and staplers, but I would think the armament inventory should be pretty closely monitored...
Last edited by ELB on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
USAF 1982-2005

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Dallas County Sheriff's office looking for gun issued to Texas governor candidate Lupe Valdez

Post by Jusme »

ELB wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:14 am
rtschl wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:46 am Found in Sheriff's Department Property room:

"After a previous audit failed to locate the weapon, current interim Dallas County Sheriff Marian Brown ordered another inventory be completed on the Sheriff’s Property Room yesterday," the sheriff's office said Tuesday morning.

During that search, the pistol issued to Valdez in 2011, after her own weapon malfunctioned, was found.

The sheriff's office said they now believe the gun was surrendered Jan. 2 and mistakenly not entered into inventory at that time.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/[abbreviated profanity deleted] ... 70061.html
Thoughts:

1. Shouldn't Lupe have been able to tell them that immediately? "Hey I gave that back to you guys on 2Jan." Nothing to that effect appears in the original article.

2. What other booboos do they have in inventory? I can see not keeping close tabs on office chairs and staplers, but I would think the armament inventory should be pretty closely monitored...

Or, on the grassy knoll theory, what if she had one of her loyalists, put it in the property room, with a Jan. 2 date on it, after she got it back from whoever she gave it to? Just sayin.....
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ElGallo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ElGallo »

Fake news or Rusky trolls. Next on the agenda? :smash:

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

Devilcrats protecting Devilcrats, not surprised considering how corrupt Dallas county is.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

bagman45
Banned

Post by bagman45 »

And upon further search it was found. RIGHT......... :lol:

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Here's the excuse the Dallas S.O. female gave:

The usual person who checks guns into inventory was out (sick? vacation? who knows?).

The person filling in accepted the Beretta, but didn't enter it into the computer.

How many of us have worked with boneheads who don't write anything down, or enter data
into their computer systems?

So, if the above scenario is accurate, Dallas County SO employs people who are not
diligent in carrying out their duties. Thanks for accepting your paycheck without
caring where a 9MM goes.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”